[Other] Ideas for anime

corrupt 01-08-2006 12:46 AM
Post down ur ideas for anime, could be anything you want!
Generalissimo D 01-08-2006 12:25 PM
I want to see an American Mecha in Tokyo.
Tickle Tickle 01-08-2006 12:31 PM
An anime that centers around an 'evil' magical girl. Ala Misty Honey or Pixy Misa. Big Grin

David Ryder 01-08-2006 12:34 PM
Oh oh I got some good ideas...

What about one dude surrounded by 5 paper thing girls....crap wait, that's already been done close to 500 times already. No wait I know how about where some japanese schoolgirl gets transported to some mystic world or warring states japan...what? already been done? damn. Well how about a 150+ episode t.v show with next to no development in charecters or story...gah already to many of those. No even better how about another mystical girls thingy...wait no, damn. But really there is a ton of great games that would make amazing anime, Gungrave is a good example of this.

As far as idea's, WWII has some great battles and campaign’s as well but in order not to offend anyone, just do battles that took place in Germany or the european front.
corrupt 01-08-2006 01:02 PM
I had an idea that a guy wakes up in a world where giant flying zombie monkey contol all and the only humans around are pirates... its totally stupid but that was what came out just from the top of my head;D
Randolph 01-08-2006 02:04 PM
Giant robots. Powered by steam. Piloted by mature adults. In parkas.
On land. On Earth.
evanASF27 01-08-2006 02:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
I want to see an American Mecha in Tokyo.

Megas XLR Goes to Tokyo?

quote:
Originally posted by Rekkoha
Giant robots. Powered by steam. Piloted by mature adults. In parkas.
On land. On Earth.

Steam punk = pwn!

I have my own idea for an anime..hell maybe just a short 6 ep deal...but I think quite a few people would hurt me if I said it since it's so corny Dead
The Baker St. Irregular 01-08-2006 02:36 PM
I've had an idea for a manga for a while now, but I guess it wouldn't be bad if it were to become an anime...

A girl impersonates her brother in order to join the Union Army during the Civil War. While in the ranks, she must avoid detection from her comrades, as well as face the overwhelming beast that is war. Although she joins to fight for her country, she realizes that there isn't much glory in the bloodshed.

Pleased It's an important idea to me, and I'm hoping one day I'll have managed to get a Civil War historian to cave in and help me with it (I want my story to be as accurate as possible).
Mugiwara Luffy 01-08-2006 03:30 PM
I want an anime based on some period of Roman history. I'm thinking either the Punic Wars, or the time of Julius Caesar. I think an anime told from Hannibal's point of view would work well. And there is enough political scandal, murder, violence, and power grubbing to make an interesting series. I want something like Reign, except not retarded and disfigured.

Hell, I'd settle for good live action movies on these subjects.
corrupt 01-08-2006 04:44 PM
a ww1 manga, that would be cool, i might try to get one when i buy that book...
Sharpshooter005 01-08-2006 05:26 PM
quote:
I'll have managed to get a Civil War historian to cave in and help me with it (I want my story to be as accurate as possible).

Speaking strictly as a something of a civil war nut, thats...actually sort of interesting.

This could be an anime, or anything really.

A group of low level bureaucrats in the Federal Government, and their trials and tribulations. The catch? They're the remnants of Majestic 12, having become the only staff following years of budget cuts.

The main characters would be a scatterbrained, jittery ex-FBI agent transferred against his will following a mishap involving a UFO crash. An aging sniper originally tasked with assassinating JFK (oswald beat him to the punch as he'd been caught in traffic), a cantankerous and mysterious old scientist assumed to be an ex-Nazi rocket designer brought over during Operation Paperclip (though noone is sure if he's not just a senile lunatic or an actual scientist) and a communications expert who relays messages through the often faulty transmitter installed in one of his molars. And I guess whatever else would be amusing.

Their main antagonist is an obsessive MUFON member, who repeatedly stumbles onto their schemes, though nobody will listen to him as his descriptions of Majestic 12 are of a bumbling organization straining to regain its former status, instead of the expected details of a massive and flawless shadow government.

Plotlines would center around such things as someone using the technology from the philadelphia experiment to make their car invisible, and thus avoid a parking ticket.
Generalissimo D 01-08-2006 05:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
I'll have managed to get a Civil War historian to cave in and help me with it (I want my story to be as accurate as possible).

Speaking strictly as a something of a civil war nut, thats...actually sort of interesting.

This could be an anime, or anything really.

A group of low level bureaucrats in the Federal Government, and their trials and tribulations. The catch? They're the remnants of Majestic 12, having become the only staff following years of budget cuts.

The main characters would be a scatterbrained, jittery ex-FBI agent transferred against his will following a mishap involving a UFO crash. An aging sniper originally tasked with assassinating JFK (oswald beat him to the punch as he'd been caught in traffic), a cantankerous and mysterious old scientist assumed to be an ex-Nazi rocket designer brought over during Operation Paperclip (though noone is sure if he's not just a senile lunatic or an actual scientist) and a communications expert who relays messages through the often faulty transmitter installed in one of his molars. And I guess whatever else would be amusing.

Their main antagonist is an obsessive MUFON member, who repeatedly stumbles onto their schemes, though nobody will listen to him as his descriptions of Majestic 12 are of a bumbling organization straining to regain its former status, instead of the expected details of a massive and flawless shadow government.

Plotlines would center around such things as someone using the technology from the philadelphia experiment to make their car invisible, and thus avoid a parking ticket.

You forgot the leftover catatonic supersoldier from a World War.
Big Money 01-08-2006 08:20 PM
You know, I actually wrote the first episode for a catoon series about WWII for school...

My ideal anime show, were I to be the one placed in charge by some execs (you poor, misguided fools. Thou shalt reap what thou hast sown!) would probably be a nonsensical and confusing romp through time and space, involving twisting subplots and excessive violence.

And lo, it would be called KUNG FU SITUATIONS.
Dingo 01-08-2006 10:16 PM
The year is 2075... the world has been enslaved by giant futuristic..... POTATOS

It's up to a ragtag group of rebels to save us and defeat our spud overlords!
corrupt 01-09-2006 05:37 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dingo
The year is 2075... the world has been enslaved by giant futuristic..... POTATOS

It's up to a ragtag group of rebels to save us and defeat our spud overlords!

Now that is the best idea ever!!!
Pygmalion 01-09-2006 07:34 PM
I'd like to see an anime series made of Hayao Miyazaki's Nausicaa. Yes, I know about the movie, but the manga is much bigger than the movie, and much of it was written after the movie was completed.

Pygmalion
BethMcBeth 01-11-2006 08:03 PM
Hmmm well I would like to see something where I guess a Japanese student is thrown into an American style of school and life. I guess it would sort of be a culture shock thing or something.

And maybe something with riders and horses. Thats all I can think of for the moment.

-Beth
corrupt 01-11-2006 08:41 PM
I had an idea for an anime, a satire on all of the major events of the world, kinda like blackadder but on a wider skale
pen1300 01-11-2006 09:03 PM
Hey Guys!

This thread is now closed. I knew there was a thread simlar to this one so please move your posts over to that one. Sooner or later, the threads will be merged.

If you could create your own anime...

Thanks!
Pen1300