Episode 41 Discussion: "Holy Mother"

Shredder 01-07-2006 11:28 PM
They changed the time again- it's now at 11c/12e. Great episode, though- a lot of action, some new plot twists, and set up for future episodes. Stay tuned!
R.Smith 01-07-2006 11:40 PM
Wow, tons of blood and killings in this episode. Shocked

Glad Martel was able to tell Al about the Fuhrer. Pleased Glad her death wasn't totally in vain. Frown

Man, the ending left me on the edge of my seat. Thumbs Up I was hoping for a preview of next week, but I guess since they left the episode as such, showing a preview would give away what some of the outcome would have been.

Man, I just get drawn in more and more every episode! Big Grin
Delariean 01-08-2006 12:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Wow, tons of blood and killings in this episode. Shocked

Glad Martel was able to tell Al about the Fuhrer. Pleased Glad her death wasn't totally in vain. Frown

Man, the ending left me on the edge of my seat. Thumbs Up I was hoping for a preview of next week, but I guess since they left the episode as such, showing a preview would give away what some of the outcome would have been.

Man, I just get drawn in more and more every episode! Big Grin


Thats not why there isnt a next ep preview. This ep was originally a one hour long ep. They just broke it down into two eps...
Sephiroth 01-08-2006 12:35 AM
Thank God Kimblee is dead. I have been waiting for that ever since he betrayed Greed. Scar is officially the man. I really want to see what happens to Al now though. I mean, he's a walking bomb now.

The inner tormoil amongst the Homunculi was interesting to see. Lust seems to be drifting away from the others, and even Gluttony is too scared of the consequences (and Pride) to help her. Though I don't really like Wrath, it's good that he's back on the show full time now. I had never realized that he didn't have a weakness like the other homunculi, though he seems to have a problem with crying babies. Sloth finally told Edward that she was his mother, even though everyone else seems to have known that for months. That cliffhanger ending with Ed lunging at Wrath really makes me want to see the next episode. I want to see how that situation turns out. I doubt anything will happen to Rose though, seeing as how she just started talking and thinking for herself again.
corrupt 01-08-2006 12:39 AM
I've made a resolution to start watching FMA from now on, this episode strengthed this resolution
MercZ 01-08-2006 01:15 AM
An excellent episode, it kept me so excited, that the end of the sehow just came and hit me; I wanted to see more.

Looked like Kimbley lived through the wound Scar gave him. I was surprised by that, but I guess now Scar has an opportunity to splatter his brains all over the wallDead - Sorry if that sounded a bit rough, I just don't like Kimbley too much.
Krang 01-08-2006 01:45 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Delariean
Thats not why there isnt a next ep preview. This ep was originally a one hour long ep. They just broke it down into two eps...

Yes, the preview that was originally aired had Ed asking the viewers to stay tuned for the next episode, so AS didn't show it to avoid confusing people. Too bad, though, because Ed also had a funny comment about transmuting the viewers' TVs so that they would blow up if the channel was changed. Laughing
evanASF27 01-08-2006 02:00 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Delariean
Thats not why there isnt a next ep preview. This ep was originally a one hour long ep. They just broke it down into two eps...

Yes, the preview that was originally aired had Ed asking the viewers to stay tuned for the next episode, so AS didn't show it to avoid confusing people. Too bad, though, because Ed also had a funny comment about transmuting the viewers' TVs so that they would blow up if the channel was changed. Laughing

So he blew up the fourth wall?! O_o YIKES!!

This episode was awesome...frickin awesome...I WANT THE NEXT ONE!!!! Crying
Wingnut 01-08-2006 02:19 AM
Well it is about time that bastard Kimbly got fragged.
Ed now knows that Sloth is in a way his momma. That would freak anyone out.
What I want to know is who this "boss" that Bradly refered to and why even the mention of "the boss" freaks out the other homincouli?
Hobodoken 01-08-2006 03:19 AM
While this is speculation, it might be right, so...

spoiler (highlight to read):
I think that the old woman who took over the young girl from before... damn I suck at names... the young woman with Ed and Rose, I think she's the boss. She had said she didn't want the deaths of the soldiers, and then shortly thereafter the Homunculii aren't going to do it. The Homunculii are against Scar, but she goes to Lenore, feels sorry for the people or something and then sides with him. That'd explain why the Homunculii were helping/not killing Scar and whatnot.


*shrug*

Damn good episode, I really wish it didn't take a week for a new one...
Gato Gurl914 01-08-2006 12:07 PM
what freaked me out was sloth's water dance thing. and i wanted to give wrath a good spanking. bad child!
MercZ 01-08-2006 12:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wingnut
Well it is about time that bastard Kimbly got fragged.
Ed now knows that Sloth is in a way his momma. That would freak anyone out.
What I want to know is who this "boss" that Bradly refered to and why even the mention of "the boss" freaks out the other homincouli?


spoiler (highlight to read):

The boss isn't mentioned by name yet, but some people who have watched the last few episodes know who it is. From the previous episodes, I think it was stated that the Boss rounded up all the Homunculii and taught them (Probably about the stone and how to hide, attack, and bend people to their will effectively). The boss could've created some of the Homunculii, which means that the boss has good alchemy skiils and probably is powerful. Maybe the "boss" has a method that can destroy the
Homunculii easily.
Schoolie 01-09-2006 10:22 PM
This was a terrific episode - with two tense and action-packed duels. I'm not too worried about Al - I'm sure since he's a major character, he'll be okay. Plus, it'll be interesting to see how Al uses the info he got from Martel - they handled her death pretty well.

I'm glad Sloth finally revealed "herself" to Ed. What's he going to do with this, I wonder - Ed's had a lot of crises of faith lately.

I forgot - when did Scar vow to never harm another state alchemist? Was it in the episode when Ed and Al find and help him and the other Ishbalan fugitives?
Shredder 01-10-2006 12:16 AM
About Scar's vow not to kill another state alchemist-

That line was a little strange, since I don't remember anything like that, either. In the sub, he says something like "This'll be the last time I kill a state alchemist," so it could be a translation thing.
IIMNY 01-10-2006 07:00 AM
Perhaps he meant last time he'd just straight out kill instead of "doing something fancy" Confused Who knows?
Nine Kuze 01-11-2006 02:58 PM
Damn, unfortunalty, I completely missed this episode but I've read about it on other websites so I guess I'm good. Kimblee finally dies so there's a plus and the good thing is that Scar got the honors... but Kimblee turned Al into a walking bomb and its really cool what happens next.
spoiler (highlight to read):
Scar uses Al's body to actually transmute him into the Philosopher's Stone.

And Sloth finally revealed herself to Edward but the thing is, and I know most of you are and were annoyed that everyone in the whole damn world knew who Sloth was except Edward and Alphonse, but truth behold, I like to think that Edward always knew about her. I mean, Ed and Al saw her at the island in "Dante of the Deep Forest" and Al has always tried to talk to Ed about it like in the same episode and that's why they had that fight in "With the River's Flow".

But I guess that Edward didn't really want to believe that his and his brother's mistake was actually roaming about, trying to kill them and it would be easier to not think about her actually being his mom... to one degree or another.

Ignorance is bliss, people.

Without seeing the episode, that's all I got and I hope to see the nest one this weekend.
Peace.
evanASF27 01-11-2006 03:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
And Sloth finally revealed herself to Edward but the thing is, and I know most of you are and were annoyed that everyone in the whole damn world knew who Sloth was except Edward and Alphonse, but truth behold, I like to think that Edward always knew about her. I mean, Ed and Al saw her at the island in "Dante of the Deep Forest" and Al has always tried to talk to Ed about it like in the same episode and that's why they had that fight in "With the River's Flow".

Well in the Greek tragedy of King Oedipus, the chorus tells the audience flat out what's going to happen in the story before it happens...leaving the characters to learn for themselves. It's an element than forces the audiance to have sympathy for the characters (like when Ed finally meets Sloth, I found myself saying in my mind "No! Don't look Ed!" because I didn't want him to end up even worse), which is really quite brilliant.

But to each his own Cool I really liked the episode, and I reeaaalllyyy want to see part 2.
Nine Kuze 01-11-2006 04:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zenigata-Da-Vida
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
And Sloth finally revealed herself to Edward but the thing is, and I know most of you are and were annoyed that everyone in the whole damn world knew who Sloth was except Edward and Alphonse, but truth behold, I like to think that Edward always knew about her. I mean, Ed and Al saw her at the island in "Dante of the Deep Forest" and Al has always tried to talk to Ed about it like in the same episode and that's why they had that fight in "With the River's Flow".

Well in the Greek tragedy of King Oedipus, the chorus tells the audience flat out what's going to happen in the story before it happens...leaving the characters to learn for themselves. It's an element than forces the audiance to have sympathy for the characters (like when Ed finally meets Sloth, I found myself saying in my mind "No! Don't look Ed!" because I didn't want him to end up even worse), which is really quite brilliant.

But to each his own Cool I really liked the episode, and I reeaaalllyyy want to see part 2.


Um, that's true Evan. But I didn't see the episode and I really would have like to have seen that part, seconds before Ed turns around to see Sloth face to face.

"NO, EDWARD!! DON'T DO IT!!! DON'T DO IT!!! DON'T... Ah, hell. He looked Crying ...
Peace.