The Producers

aeternus_flammus 01-02-2006 04:03 AM
The musical remake of the movie is out!

A link to everything you need to know.

Some may complain that it has a third generation feel to it, but I found it brilliant.

I recommend it whole-heartedly.
David Ryder 01-02-2006 07:35 AM
Indeed, it looks pretty funny, gonna go check it out.
Gummibear 01-02-2006 11:58 AM
I want to see it because I *heart* musicals! I've never seen the Producers on Broadway but I heard it was a pretty good show. I'm excited that the genre has really been coming back to the theaters these few years.
Wazpy 01-02-2006 12:20 PM
I saw it. It was pretty funny, but I wish the songs were shorter. I'm not really into musicals.

Side note: Mel Brookes lives in my building.
Buck Buck #1 01-02-2006 06:19 PM
I thought it was pretty good, no tas good as the original, but good none the less.
aeternus_flammus 01-02-2006 10:25 PM
I've heard from a friend/broadway-addict that it's very similiar to the musical.

Some of Leo Bloom's songs go for a tad long, I agree.

quote:
Wazpy

Mel Brookes lives in my building.

Shocked

Can I room with you to become his stalker?
Travis Bickle 01-02-2006 10:33 PM
I might see it. I saw the first performance of it on Broadway ever when it debuted several years ago.
Pygmalion 01-02-2006 11:09 PM
Matthew Broderick has done two musical remakes -- this and The Music Man. I must admit, the man has guts. Reprising Gene Wilder's role in the original movie is a tough task for any actor.

Pygmalion
Travis Bickle 01-02-2006 11:17 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Pygmalion
Matthew Broderick has done two musical remakes -- this and The Music Man. I must admit, the man has guts. Reprising Gene Wilder's role in the original movie is a tough task for any actor.

Pygmalion

Three, if you count "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" on Broadway.