Comic Industry Going Mad? (somewhat graphic)

Wazpy 01-11-2006 08:25 PM
Only Ultimate Colossus is gay. They needed to "update" him and they turned enough characters into teenagers or minorities already.
David Ryder 01-11-2006 08:29 PM
quote:
They needed to "update" him and they turned enough characters into teenagers or minorities already.

lol like The Green Lantern. I know they "updated" a few more but I can't remember.
Wazpy 01-11-2006 08:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
quote:
They needed to "update" him and they turned enough characters into teenagers or minorities already.

lol like The Green Lantern. I know they "updated" a few more but I can't remember.

No that's different. Green Lantern wasn't changed to be black. It's just that a bunch of different people have held the title.
Mr. Fortnight 01-14-2006 01:35 AM
This is why I've ignored the "mainstream" companies. The bulk of my collection either comes from Antartic Press, Dark Horse, or my many manga (back when they chopped them down to comic-book bits), and a couple REAL manga.

I'm sorry, but if a compamy wants to be unique, they should just return to the basics. The roots of comics. Adventures, Hopes, and Dreams.

Untill then, I'll read Gold Digger and Ninja High School, thank you very much.
Sharpshooter005 01-15-2006 01:28 PM
quote:
Ninja High School

Is that the one where theres some antagonist named "spellvis"?

Someone I knew in high school used to try and explain that comic to me..didn't really work.
Mr. Fortnight 01-15-2006 10:04 PM
I read Ninja High School when I need a good laugh, and a few moments to turn my brain off.

Yes, Spellvis was a hoot, but he tends to bounce between Gold Digger and Ninja High School (Since they share the same universe... sorta. Don't get me explaining how the two co-exist without the universe going boom. That'll make my synapses all fire at once and cause my head-a-splode.)
Brock 01-16-2006 07:34 AM
That's one of the reasons I only read Batman comics ( or any DC issue with Batman in it, in particular ).. I mean, sure, I have other comics in my collection, but very seldom do I actually pick them up to re-read them.

I've come to terms with Batman slowly crossing boundaries in his comics, so I wouldn't / won't be surprised when I see somebody's body ripped apart and strewn across a room of fans.

Faqvorite one is still "Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again". The goriest scenes in that comic had Robin in them.. Green Arrow putting one right through his forehead and out the back, Batman cutting his head clean off, etc. Also Superman and Wonderwoman having sex, but that's more of a "sex in comics" thing, not "violence in comics".
Sharpshooter005 01-17-2006 05:26 PM
quote:
I wouldn't / won't be surprised when I see somebody's body ripped apart and strewn across a room of fans.

...That reminds me. Anyone ever read those silent hill comics? Theres a couple of them out, but the general consensus seems to be...eh..not all that good.