Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shambala *Spoilers*

NVWC2006 12-24-2005 12:05 PM
There does not seem to be a specific thread about the movie, more just things having to do with the movie, so I thought I'd make this.

THIS WILL BE LIKE SPOILER MANIA SO WATCH OUT!!!!


I read up on it, and saw it not too long ago. it's amazing. it did not have the exact ending that i had wanted, but it did have some happiness in it. fairly bittersweet.

The movie continues a few years after the show ends, for those who don't know.

There were a few small things I didn't understand, but I got the whole movie down overall very well.

I thought it was pretty cute that Winry always carried constantly adjusted automail arm and leg for Ed once he returned... BUT THEN HE LEAVES HER AGAIN?! fool...
seraphjei 01-12-2006 06:34 PM
Indeed the movie was amazing, a fitting ending for a great anime. although many questions or even still left unanswered. Also gluttony's new uh, "form" is very, VERY, VERY strange. Makes me wonder if the artists behind FMA decided to start smoking crack while drawing the movie as if they ran out of ideas.
NVWC2006 01-12-2006 07:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
Indeed the movie was amazing, a fitting ending for a great anime. although many questions or even still left unanswered. Also gluttony's new uh, "form" is very, VERY, VERY strange. Makes me wonder if the artists behind FMA decided to start smoking crack while drawing the movie as if they ran out of ideas.


I've heard a bit from the manga since then, though I haven't read it..

apparantly, some if not all of the homunculi have humanoid forms and their real forms. like, here we see (and i think at the end of the series, we see) Envy's true form, as well as gluttony (who appears in the manga in that form). what do the others look like? sloth is a weird watery blob... that's about all i know
Shredder 01-14-2006 11:35 PM
(I added "spoilers" in the title just in case.) Anyway, I've seen the movie, too, and have to admit I was a little disappointed. It was kind of a mixed bag, I guess, since there was also some stuff I did like about it. I want to talk about the pros/cons of it, but I think I'll save it for when more people here have seen it, since I don't want to give anything major away.
R.Smith 01-18-2006 10:44 PM
Well, after having nothing much to do yesterday while on vacation (hence my absence for about a week), I watched the rest of FMA via a streaming site
spoiler (highlight to read):
didn't expect the parallel worlds thing
, as well as the movie because I just had to see the final end.

Didn't have any subs, but I got the point of it. Very bittersweet ending, one that somewhat makes me want a second movie just to see Ed and Al's adventures once more.
Madrona 01-19-2006 02:04 PM
I'll go with Shredder on this one. I was not really happy with what I saw. Of course, I probably missed a bit in the lack of a translation. I didn't have that warm fuzzy feeling at the end.

On the other hand,
spoiler (highlight to read):
Restored!Alphonse is a kick ass alchemist! Not everyone can send their disembodied voice through the gate in a tin can!
and
spoiler (highlight to read):
Brooding Roy , or whatever he was doing, was starting to really piss me off. I'm glad that turned around!
Travis Bickle 01-26-2006 11:29 AM
Personally, I thought the movie sucked.
Nine Kuze 01-26-2006 02:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
Personally, I thought the movie sucked.


Actually, I haven't seen the movie but I've read a lot of reviews about it. And yeah, I have to agree with C.T., the whole plot sound rather weak and it doesn't sound that interesting even though is from FullMetal Alchemist. But I do have a question that's been buggin' me:

spoiler (highlight to read):
Why is Edward's right arm still constructed out of metal? I thought he regained his arm in the last episode of the series.


If anyone can answer this, I be much thankful.
Peace.
Krang 01-26-2006 10:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
But I do have a question that's been buggin' me:

spoiler (highlight to read):
Why is Edward's right arm still constructed out of metal? I thought he regained his arm in the last episode of the series.


If anyone can answer this, I be much thankful.
Peace.

WARNING: LAST EPISODE SPOILER!
spoiler (highlight to read):
He does regain it, but in the process, Al disappears. While attempting to bring Al back, Ed loses his arm again (but not his leg).
Nine Kuze 01-27-2006 09:01 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
But I do have a question that's been buggin' me:

spoiler (highlight to read):
Why is Edward's right arm still constructed out of metal? I thought he regained his arm in the last episode of the series.


If anyone can answer this, I be much thankful.
Peace.

WARNING: LAST EPISODE SPOILER!
spoiler (highlight to read):
He does regain it, but in the process, Al disappears. While attempting to bring Al back, Ed loses his arm again (but not his leg).


OHHH! Thanks a lot, Krang. That's really been bugging me and so, it looks like things come full circle. Oh that Ed, when will he ever learn?
Peace.
Jstar136 04-08-2006 11:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
But I do have a question that's been buggin' me:

spoiler (highlight to read):
Why is Edward's right arm still constructed out of metal? I thought he regained his arm in the last episode of the series.


If anyone can answer this, I be much thankful.
Peace.

WARNING: LAST EPISODE SPOILER!
spoiler (highlight to read):
He does regain it, but in the process, Al disappears. While attempting to bring Al back, Ed loses his arm again (but not his leg).


OHHH! Thanks a lot, Krang. That's really been bugging me and so, it looks like things come full circle. Oh that Ed, when will he ever learn?
Peace.


Sorry guys, but Ed loses his leg as well.

I just saw the movie off of YouTube. It sucked, BIG TIME!

I'm soooooo disapointed. The whole movie started great then ended completely off the great flow of the anime. I hated how poorly the entire movie has been treated! ARGH! This is supposed to be the conclusion? I'm better off with the end of the season!
Sephiroth 04-09-2006 12:06 AM
quote:
Originally posted by NVWC2006
quote:
Originally posted by seraphjei
Indeed the movie was amazing, a fitting ending for a great anime. although many questions or even still left unanswered. Also gluttony's new uh, "form" is very, VERY, VERY strange. Makes me wonder if the artists behind FMA decided to start smoking crack while drawing the movie as if they ran out of ideas.


I've heard a bit from the manga since then, though I haven't read it..

apparantly, some if not all of the homunculi have humanoid forms and their real forms. like, here we see (and i think at the end of the series, we see) Envy's true form, as well as gluttony (who appears in the manga in that form). what do the others look like? sloth is a weird watery blob... that's about all i know


A manga question that I can handle. Here we go, loads o' spoilers.
Gluttony
spoiler (highlight to read):
is a fake door thingy, I've never seen what he looks like in the movie, but in the manga he is the same size as normal gluttony with a bunch of teeth sticking out of his stomach with a massive vortex in the middle. Gluttony


Sloth:
spoiler (highlight to read):
Is not actual Ed and Al's mom, but a giant dude who is in a cave digging something. They haven't shown his true form.


Lust:
spoiler (highlight to read):
She dies EARLY, so they don't show her form


Greed:
spoiler (highlight to read):
His Ultimate Shield form is his actual form.


Pride:
spoiler (highlight to read):
Not even seen yet, so no form to know of


Wrath:
spoiler (highlight to read):
He is Fuhrer King Bradley, and probably doesn't have one, since Bradley was made into a Homunculi while alive, so he's technically human


Envy:
spoiler (highlight to read):
GIant demon:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Envy%27s_True_Form.jpg

As for the movie, I don't really like the ending. It fits the shows tone, but I really hated how things turned out. I just wanted to see everybody together again, I'm a sucker for a happy ending I suppose.
Whew, long post.
X Prime 04-09-2006 12:24 AM
Envy..

spoiler (highlight to read):
That thing's a Nidhogg!