42 Songs :: One Oscar

Nine Kuze 12-17-2005 04:22 PM
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have a final of 42 songs in contention for the Best Original Song Oscar. Check it out here.
Peace.
David Ryder 12-17-2005 11:13 PM
lol "I'll Whip ya head boy." nice. oh the names they come up with.
Sharpshooter005 12-18-2005 02:49 AM
quote:
Other artists with movie songs under consideration are Fountains of Wayne,

Thats when I stopped reading. They're a one hit wonder at best.

Also, I can still remember driving by fountains of wayne...the buisness establishment I mean. No idea how this figures into it, but...yeah.

I don't even like watching the Oscars anymore. Periodically, yes, a movie I really liked will win in a category I think it should have. Otherwise?

It's a numbers game...it's probably not even that. It just seems like a LARGE majority of the winners are made and released with the explicit intent of getting a statue. Do some, or even a good deal of them, deserve it? Sure. Still though...why even bother? I can just sort of assume what will and wont win, then have my assumptions confirmed or disproven when I'm drinking my coffee in the morning and watching the early news shows.

Though I do think Chris Rock made a good host last time. Particularly when he made Sean Penn take grave offense that he dared to casually jab at Jude Law. And I don't even dislike Jude Law, I just liked seeing Sean Penn make it glaringly obvious what a sanctimonious, humorless twit he is.

quote:
"I'll Whip ya head boy."

At least it wasn't "Candy Shop"...for a while I thought 50 cent had finally done it, and hit rock bottom. That we'd collectively found the ultimate low.

Then I heard "my humps", which actually drilled PAST rock bottom until it hit oil. Honestly, that song convinced me that yes...absolute evil does exist in this world. Otherwise it never would have been produced.