:: The Offical Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two For Best Series! ::

Nine Kuze 12-17-2005 09:55 AM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Series is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the best overall anime series. The award is presented to the winner, the creator of the winning series. The creator and the production company that produced the series are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: The Big O - Sunrise Inc., Bandai Entertainment - Hajime Yatate
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion

2006: Cowboy Bebop - Sunrise Inc., Bandai Visual - Hajime Yatate
  • FullMetal Alchemist
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
  • Trigun
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 12:40 PM
To me, this is pretty much a given. Big O and Cowboy Bebop are two of the best animes (hell, television shows period) that I have seen. Stand Alone is pretty damn good too but not up to par with Big O and Bebop. And also, I'm getting very interested in Evangelion and I'm following the series carefully but I haven't finished watching the series (even though I've already seen The End of Evangelion movie). But still, Big and Bebop hands down.

Nine XXVI's Picks: Big O, Cowboy Bebop
Peace.
Randolph 01-06-2006 04:58 PM
Cowboy Bebop is a bloody work of art.
I have never in my life seen anything quite so well-crafted.

Big O is quite the masterwork as well.
A truly commendable effort in storytelling.
Jstar136 02-23-2006 05:40 PM
I broke the tie with Big O.

Cowboy Bebop is a classic, but I like Big O for its thought provocation.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 11:52 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Series and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Series category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Series Presenter: Nine XXVI

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: Cowboy Bebop - Sunrise, Bandai Visual - Hajime Yatate
After dying once and leaving his past behind him from the days of being a synidcate member, Spike Spiegel became one of the most legendary bounty hunters throughtout the known universe in the year of 2071. With the governments of space using the old laws of the West, Spike teams up with his partners Jet Black and Faye Valentine and although they usually get the bounty, they hardly ever get the cash. But always seeing the past catches up with Spike as a "devil from Paradise" or an "angel from the Underworld" returns into his lfe as well as the rest of his past along with it.

:: FullMetal Alchemist - Aniplex, Bones - Hiromu Arakawa
Edward and Alphonse Elric's search for the Philosopher's Stone reaches new heights as the brothers face off with the Homonculi and that also of the military. After the war in Lior, Alphonse has become the Philosopher's Stone and Edward makes a vendetta to defeat the Homonculi himself. After learning the truth about the power of alchemy and about the science itself, Edward and Alphonse sacrifice each other for one other and a new search continues as the brothers journey to be reunited across different worlds.

:: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Production I.G. - Shirow Masamune
After the events of the Laughing Man case, Public Security Section 9 is reinstated by new Japanese Prime Minister, Yoko Yoko Kayabuki by deal with the growing threat resulting from the terrorist faction known as the Individual Eleven and the increasing acts of war from the refugees of Dejima Island who are under the influence of terrorist Hideo Kuze. But there's more than meets the eye as a Public Security member, Kazundo Gouda, is manipulating the entire situation for his own ends to reconstruct the Japanese system in his own image.

:: Trigun - Geneon - Yasuhiro Nightow
With a $$60 billion double doular bounty on his head, Vash the Stampede lives on the planet of Gunsmoke constantly being hunted with numerous rumors spread about him. Two insurance agents, Meryl Stryfe and Millie Thompson, are sent to minimize the damage that he causes and creates but that's more than they can do. Also traveling with preist Nicholas D. Wolfwood, the pacifist Vash travels the planet in search of his twin brother Millions Knives, who has a vicious gang known as the Gung-Ho Guns whose mission is to make Vash suffer for not joining him and his ideals that have always conflicted with Vash's.

Peace.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-30-2006 02:38 PM
Cowboy Bebop just because. FMA because it's cool.
Nine Kuze 11-09-2006 12:34 PM
For the top prize, I got cybernetic ideological terrorists and former crime synicadated space bounty hunters.

That's Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop, don't ya know?
Peace.
David Ryder 11-09-2006 05:33 PM
Trigun gets my vote as always, and I guess Bebop, despite it being overrated, it has a few moments.
Nine Kuze 11-09-2006 05:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by David Ryder
and I guess Bebop, despite it being overrated, it has a few moments.

I swear. If I hear you complain about somethin' being overrated one more damn time...
Peace.