:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two For Best Original Theme! ::

Nine Kuze 12-17-2005 09:41 AM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Original Theme is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the best piece of music that was written for an anime series. The theme can be either the opening theme or the ending theme of the series. The award is presented to the winner, the songwriter and the composer of the music. The songwriter, composer and the anime series they wrote and created the theme for are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: "Ride on a Shooting Star" - FLCL - The Pillows
  • "And Forever" - The Big O
  • "Every Heart" - InuYasha
  • "The Real Folk Blues" - Cowboy Bebop

2006: "Blue" - Cowboy Bebop - Tim Jensen, The Seatbeats
  • "The Bird's Poem" - AIR
  • "Rewrite" - FullMetal Alchemist
  • "Rise" - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:00 PM
No love for "Every Heart"? Damn, I know its from InuYasha but come on... I just kidding. But personally, I can listen to "Every Heart" everyday and "Tank!" is so damn and slick that its impossible not to like and get down to that.

Actually, I was going to put down both Cowboy Bebop themes, the ending and the opening with "The Real Folk Blues" and "Tank!" but I opted not to because Cowboy Bebop had enough nominations in my book already (16 nominations) and I opted for FLCL's theme instead.

Nine XXVI's Picks: "Every Heart" - InuYasha, "Tank!" - Cowboy Bebop.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 10:30 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Original Theme and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Original Theme category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Original Theme Presenter: Green_Bird

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: "Blue" - Cowboy Bebop
Listen and check out an AMV featuring the "Blue" theme from YouTube.com

:: "The Bird's Poem" - AIR
Listen and check out an AMV featuring the "The Bird's Poem" theme from YouTube.com

:: "Rewrite" - FullMetal Alchemist
Listen and check out an AMV featuring the "Rewrite" theme from YouTube.com

:: "Rise" - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Listen and check out an AMV featuring the "Rise" theme from YouTube.com

Peace.
Nine Kuze 11-08-2006 07:25 PM
I really like Rewrite (every nice beat) and The Bird's Poem but Blue is so poetic to listen to.

And Rise kicks ass hands down, very nice blend of Russian and English and of course Yoko Kanno produced it. So yeah, that's an automatic vote from me.
Peace.
Scourge 11-08-2006 09:30 PM
I'm gonna say Blue because Cowboy Bebop is one of the few anime's I found to have bearable music.
David Ryder 11-10-2006 07:07 AM
Given the choices, I'll side with Blue, despite the fact that I find Yoko Kanno to be pretty overrated *hides*.