What is better XBOX360 or PS3 or that nintendo one.

corrupt 12-14-2005 09:13 PM
poll here...
Mike 12-14-2005 09:29 PM
"That new nintendo one" riight. You could have taken 5 seconds to find out its name. Roll Eyes

Anyway, it's way too early for this. Ps3 isn't out yet, and we know little about the Nintendo Revolution. But I think that so far, the Xbox 360 is very underwhelming.
Generalissimo D 12-14-2005 09:33 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
"That new nintendo one" riight. You could have taken 5 seconds to find out its name. Roll Eyes

Anyway, it's way too early for this. Ps3 isn't out yet, and we know little about the Nintendo Revolution. But I think that so far, the Xbox 360 is very underwhelming.

The Rev is still a codename, so the poll option is appropriate. I mean...I thought the GCN was going to be stuck as Dolphin for the longest.
Hobodoken 12-14-2005 11:06 PM
The 360 seems to be an X-Box with graphics a smidge better than my year-old PC. The only thing I can recal about the PS3 is that the controller is a boomerang, which has resulted in much jeering from my friends who are normally die-hard Sony supporters, especially the Mac guy. Revolution has the gyro controller. While it could be terible, it could also work terrifically. I honestly don't know.
Patsai 12-14-2005 11:12 PM
Too early to say. I think I'll amuse you all with this comic from VG Cats.

Mugiwara Luffy 12-14-2005 11:24 PM
Wow, all that comic tells me is that the artist saw a picture of the Revolution controller and that's all. It's not a remote. You move it in 3D space and that movement is translated to the character on the screen. Or whatever. Don't people realise that is a fairly large advancement in how people will control video games? Hell, the attachments to the controller are practically meaningless in comparison.
Travis Bickle 12-14-2005 11:28 PM
How about this:

We wait until the systems are fully detailed before we bitch about it and debate about what sucks and what doesn't. It's a good way to seperate the men (PCF gamers) from the boys (Technodrome gamers).
Sharpshooter005 12-14-2005 11:52 PM
Instead of bitching about these on the forum where I'm an admin. I wrote preemptive reviews of them. Heres what the consensus was!

The xbox360 was fun, but eventually became a winged aramaic demon that tried to eat my soul.

The revolution was great, except the motion sensor for the controller ripped a hole in time and now Lord Palmerston wont leave my room.

The PS3 was the best. Eventually destroying the other two and the problems they created...but the ensuing shockwave gave me lymphoma.

This, I contend, was the most valid set of evaluations on any of the three consoles thus far.

(Seriously, only ONES even out yet.)
Krang 12-15-2005 12:09 AM
I'd say the Revolution looks to be the most promising so far, but it's too early to know for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Sanji
Wow, all that comic tells me is that the artist saw a picture of the Revolution controller and that's all. It's not a remote. You move it in 3D space and that movement is translated to the character on the screen. Or whatever. Don't people realise that is a fairly large advancement in how people will control video games? Hell, the attachments to the controller are practically meaningless in comparison.

Exactly. There have been many different articles that described how the Revolution controller will work, so it's pretty ignorant of them to assume that it is just a remote based on the shape alone...

quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
How about this:

We wait until the systems are fully detailed before we bitch about it and debate about what sucks and what doesn't. It's a good way to seperate the men (PCF gamers) from the boys (Technodrome gamers).

Not everyone at The Technodrome acts that way (actually, only a few do), so there's no need to generalize like that. But I do agree that it's too early to start criticizing systems that haven't even been released yet.
David Ryder 12-15-2005 05:55 AM
It's to early to say but I'm sticking with PS3. why? becasue I like it. The rev is a close second. having played 360, all I can say is yuck. Also it's to early to tell which will be better, as rev and PS3 aren't even out yet.
corrupt 12-15-2005 10:54 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
quote:
Originally posted by Mike

The Rev is still a codename, so the poll option is appropriate. I mean...I thought the GCN was going to be stuck as Dolphin for the longest.

See that is why i said the nintendo one, it keeps changing it's name!

I still think the ps3 looks cool, i've seen shots for UT2007 and they look great. The xbox360 has loads of bugs in it anyway...
Mugiwara Luffy 12-15-2005 11:26 AM
Gah, if I had the money, I would get the Revolution and the PS3. The 360 can suck it.
Hanyou 12-15-2005 04:48 PM
At heart I'm a Sega fanatic, and I thought they delivered their best on the first Xbox. Games like Panzer Dragoon Orta, as well as Shenmue II (never mind that it was available for the Dreamcast in Europe) sold me on that system as the best of its generation. So wherever Sega goes, I'm likely to follow, although I certainly hope they don't wind up on the PS3.

I am definitely not a Microsoft hater, though. Games like Perfect Dark Zero (I'm a huge fan of Goldeneye especially, so if nothing else, I want PDZ for nostalgic purposes), The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and the inevitable Halo 3 are reason enough for me to check out the next rendition of the 'box.

But I've got the feeling the Revolution is the most promising. It espouses retro gaming as well as innovation, and of course the hardware quality will be top-notch (I predict the PS3 will be just as glitchy as the Xbox upon release). Not to mention a good price and an endless collection of old games and a potentially free online service (Sony's non-unified service will be the worst of the bunch, no doubt). And I'm sick of people bitching about the controller...there WILL be a shell or at least an attachment, no doubt.
paul1290 12-15-2005 05:17 PM
If I had to pick a console based on what I know about them right now then I'd choose the Nintendo Revolution because it's so different from the other 2. If I still had more money left then I'd also get a PS3.

However, when I actually pick a console, I really don't care how good the system itself is, I'll just choose the system which has better games. I don't think it matters how good PS3 or X-Box 360's graphics are and how revolutionary the revolution controller is. I just wait until a good number of games are released for each console and choose a console based on which one has the better games. So far I've been getting Nintendo systems first because I think they had better games, but that may change soon depending on which system has better games this time.

Remember people, the games themselves are the reason why you buy a console in the first place.
Hanyou 12-15-2005 05:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290
Remember people, the games themselves are the reason why you buy a console in the first place.

If that were the case, I'd stop worrying about these next-gen systems and buy myself the SNES or maybe the Sega Saturn (Panzer Dragoon Saga, anyone?).

No, games are a good reason, maybe even the main reason, but that's not to say other things don't matter.

I do get sick of hearing people complain about how glitchy the Xbox is, so I see your point, but even if games are 80% of the reason you buy a system, that other 20% is still at least a little important. While your approach is ideal, I hardly think it's realistic for most of the gaming community. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is strictly a matter of opinion.
paul1290 12-15-2005 05:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hanyou
quote:
Originally posted by paul1290

If that were the case, I'd stop worrying about these next-gen systems and buy myself the SNES or maybe the Sega Saturn (Panzer Dragoon Saga, anyone?).

No, games are a good reason, maybe even the main reason, but that's not to say other things don't matter.

I do get sick of hearing people complain about how glitchy the Xbox is, so I see your point, but even if games are 80% of the reason you buy a system, that other 20% is still at least a little important. While your approach is ideal, I hardly think it's realistic for most of the gaming community. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is strictly a matter of opinion.

Ok, I think it may have been a bit extreme for me to say that the console itself doesn't matter. A bad console would be no fun at all.

However, I just think it's kinda stupid that so many people pick a console based on it's technology rather than it's games. I think it's just silly when people pick up an X-Box 360 or PS3 because of the graphics and the Revolution because of the controller. I would would much rather want to get a X-Box 360 because of Perfect Dark Zero or a PS3 because of Devil May Cry 4 or a Revolution because of Metroid Prime 3.

Of course, I'm the kind of person who can wait for a decent number of games to be released for each console before buying one and not everyone can stand to wait that long.
corrupt 12-15-2005 06:22 PM
I think that we shouldn't really give microsoft any more money, i mean, hasn't he got enough? sure xbox360 has a few games but ps3 has better games... But the nintendo console, when is it even coming out? i read some where that the "dolphin" was coming out before the ps2. I also read that nintendo and microsoft are going to make a joint console. errrr.... make up your mind!

I know everyone will hate me for opposing nintendo, but tis a free country (or is it ? Confused )
Mike 12-15-2005 06:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by V.F.D
I think that we shouldn't really give microsoft any more money, i mean, hasn't he got enough? sure xbox360 has a few games but ps3 has better games...

Really? That's pretty amazing since PS3 doesn't even exist yet and there are no games for it.

quote:
But the nintendo console, when is it even coming out? i read some where that the "dolphin" was coming out before the ps2. I also read that nintendo and microsoft are going to make a joint console. errrr.... make up your mind!

Some time next year. And they never said they were releasing Dolphin AKA Gamecube before PS2. They wanted to take their time and know exactly how to make their console better than PS2. Just like they did with SNES and Genesis.

And where the hell did you hear that MS and the big N are teaming up? That's a pretty insane idea.
088nd 12-15-2005 06:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
The 360 seems to be an X-Box with graphics a smidge better than my year-old PC.

LOL

Even if you had an Alienware Aurora, the 360 would still have better graphics than it. It has the best graphics of anything out right now, and also performs better. The game selection for 360 is pretty scarce, and is really lacking anything major for the future. The only thing X-boxers have to look forward to is the eventual Halo 3 and the up and coming Gears of War. Its media center functionality is somewhat unique, as you can sync it up with a computer with Windows Media Center and watch stuff from your PC on a screen with High Def.

My bet still goes to PS3. 8 Player Killzone!?!?! ZOMG YES PLZ.
Patsai 12-15-2005 06:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by 088nd-DEpTH
Even if you had an Alienware Aurora, the 360 would still have better graphics than it. It has the best graphics of anything out right now, and also performs better.

You know, despite all the hype over the console's power, it wont be long before PC graphic cards improve it two-fold. Same with the PS3. We'll all awe over it when it launches, but PC graphic engines will eventually catch up. It happened with the XBOX when it came out, but it only took a couple months before PCs surpassed it.