What is better DS or PSP

corrupt 12-14-2005 08:30 PM
Patsai 12-14-2005 08:36 PM
I sense flaming ahead.

*Fantastic Four ineterpretation*
Flame on!
Mike 12-14-2005 08:43 PM
Well I've never played DS, and my brother's PSP is pretty cool. But I'm not that into the whole "it does everything, it even makes thousands upon thousands of julian fries!" deal that the PSP has. Just give me Tetris to waste time with on the bus.

So...tie.
Sharpshooter005 12-14-2005 08:44 PM
quote:
"it does everything, it even makes thousands upon thousands of julian fries!"

Ron Popeil singlehandedly developing, then marketing a handheld gaming system is really all that could motivate me to buy one.
Generalissimo D 12-14-2005 08:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
I sense flaming ahead.

*Fantastic Four ineterpretation*
Flame on!

If flaming was fistfighting, you sir, would have been arrested.

We've had this arguement. They arent the same thing. One's a glorified media player that can play games, and the other is an actual gaming system.
corrupt 12-14-2005 08:56 PM
I think the DS was just a gimmick like most of nintendo crap. it's just kinda like "OOOOH IT HAS 2 SCREENS OOO MUST BUY" if they made better use of the touch screen then maybe i'd part with my money...
Generalissimo D 12-14-2005 09:02 PM
quote:
Originally posted by V.F.D
I think the DS was just a gimmick like most of nintendo crap. it's just kinda like "OOOOH IT HAS 2 SCREENS OOO MUST BUY" if they made better use of the touch screen then maybe i'd part with my money...

Well my fresh n00b, do remember a lot of Nintendo "gimmicks" have been set as an industry standard. And anyone who enjoys playing Twisted Metal on that medamn little rectangle is too easily amused by the explosions.
Volt 12-14-2005 09:05 PM
I've got both and like both, but use my PSP way more just cuz I have more time to listen to music then play games. I like the games I have for both, but some games for the DS rely way too much on the stylus and get old quick (Kirby...). The main thing I don't like about the DS is that it looks and feels like cheap plastic and looks pretty stupid in general. I like purdy much everything about my PSP though, so I guess I'd say PSP is better right now.

quote:
Well my fresh n00b, do remember a lot of Nintendo "gimmicks" have been set as an industry standard.

Not that I'm saying the DS touch screen is crap, but what Nintendo gimmicks have set any sort of industry standard?
corrupt 12-14-2005 09:08 PM
stick and stones sir...

Still, i think the fans of nintendo are the silliest, i went on a nintendo forum and they said that you could control the games for the new console with your MIND I mean come on...
Sharpshooter005 12-14-2005 09:12 PM
Apparently in the Resident Evil DS game...one "minigame" part requires you to blow into a microphone for some reason.

If you do this in public, do not complain when people begin to give you strange looks.
corrupt 12-14-2005 09:14 PM
yeah, it kinda looks strange...
Generalissimo D 12-14-2005 09:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
Not that I'm saying the DS touch screen is crap, but what Nintendo gimmicks have set any sort of industry standard?

Rumble pack, analog stick, and shoulder buttons.
Mike 12-14-2005 09:27 PM
DAMMIT Zaphod, you beat me to it. I was just going to say all 3 of those.

And Back To the Future 2 said that we will be able to control games with our minds by 2015.
corrupt 12-14-2005 09:30 PM
apprently according to the matrix AI will be discover in 2010 and the whole world will blow up and we will all be plugged into a virtual reality...
Generalissimo D 12-14-2005 09:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Mike
DAMMIT Zaphod, you beat me to it. I was just going to say all 3 of those.

And Back To the Future 2 said that we will be able to control games with our minds by 2015.

You hoopy frood!

And Sony's paranoia apparently made them claim a patent for that...

And VFD:My world may be green tinted, but the Matrix probably won't happen without a fight. A Big, Long, Teethgnashinginducing fight.
Krang 12-14-2005 09:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
quote:

Not to mention the D-pad (NES) and wireless controllers (GC).

quote:
The main thing I don't like about the DS is that it looks and feels like cheap plastic and looks pretty stupid in general.

At least there haven't been any cases of DS games falling out of the system while being played. Tongue And let's not forget when Sony admitted that the square button on the PSP was prone to failing... And personally, I like the look of the DS (especially in Graphite Black).

Anyway, I voted for the DS. The touch screen, dual screens, and Nintendo Wi-fi have all proven to be successful "gimmicks," and there are alot of innovative and fun games out for the DS with many more on the way. I don't really care about the media functions on the PSP because I have no need for them, and most of its games are either ports of PS2 games or not at all interesting.
Generalissimo D 12-14-2005 09:39 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
quote:

Not to mention the D-pad (NES) and wireless controllers (GC).

Which have been present on nearly every videogame system since...what year?

quote:

quote:
The main thing I don't like about the DS is that it looks and feels like cheap plastic and looks pretty stupid in general.

At least there haven't been any cases of DS games falling out of the system while being played. Tongue And let's not forget when Sony admitted that the square button on the PSP was prone to failing... And personally, I like the look of the DS (especially in Graphite Black).

Anyway, I voted for the DS. The touch screen, dual screens, and Nintendo Wi-fi have all proven to be successful "gimmicks," and there are alot of innovative and fun games out for the DS with many more on the way. I don't really care about the media functions on the PSP because I have no need for them, and most of its games are either ports of PS2 games or not at all interesting.

And I do believe that sums up why anyone still takes Nintendo's side...
Travis Bickle 12-14-2005 09:49 PM
I just spent the past few minutes trying to think of a good PSP game I own. Nope. I got nothin'.

Though, for the record, I HATE Mario Kart. I know that's like a sin or something, but god damn. When you base a big feature around one game, it's kinda retarded. Reminds me of the Power Glove (another industry standard, right?).

Now if you excuse me, my sister gave me her friend code for Animal Crossing :WW and I'm going to her town.
Mike 12-14-2005 09:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
Though, for the record, I HATE Mario Kart. I know that's like a sin or something, but god damn. When you base a big feature around one game, it's kinda retarded. Reminds me of the Power Glove (another industry standard, right?).

Yeah. Power Glove sucked. I don't think it ever worked as advertised.

quote:
Now if you excuse me, my sister gave me her friend code for Animal Crossing :WW and I'm going to her town.

That reminds me, I haven't played my town in like 2 years. I wonder if it's degenerated into nuclear war with Tom Nook as the madman who conquered the post-apocalyptic nightmare.
Travis Bickle 12-14-2005 09:54 PM
You know, I was wrong. I'm sorry. There's also a Tony Hawk game that was available at launche of the Wi Fi thingy. However, we all know that, after about a million different rehashes of the same god damn game, people get sick and tired of Tony Hawk after a while. I'm guessing it wasn't that big of a seller.