[Suggestion] Activating Accounts

psychoticbastard 12-12-2005 01:24 AM
I am new to this forum, but i'm not new to Big O; in anycase i would like to suggest a faster activation for the forum. If this forum is to survive for long you must somehow make the acceptance of members FASTER! there's nothing more annoying than to wait AN ENTIRE DAY TO START ANY COMMENTS IN THIS FORUM!!

thank your listening to me

oh and thanks for sheltering us a Big O fan survivors.

Big Grin
Travis Bickle 12-12-2005 01:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by psychoticbastard
I am new to this forum, but i'm not new to Big O; in anycase i would like to suggest a faster activation for the forum. If this forum is to survive for long you must somehow make the acceptance of members FASTER! there's nothing more annoying than to wait AN ENTIRE DAY TO START ANY COMMENTS IN THIS FORUM!!

Big Grin

I'm not Krang, but I can pretty much tell you that the reason that the activation is slow is because Krang has a life outside of the forum, and the activation process is used to seperate the men from the dogs. We wouldn't want just anyone to come in, sign up, and start spamming the boards instantly, now would we? The window between when they sign up and when they get activated is to actually see if they can tolerate waiting a few hours or so. That and to make sure nobody is signing up with multiple accounts.

Of course, that's just my take on it.

And welcome to the forum. You can PM me or something if you need to ask any more questions.
Krang 12-12-2005 01:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by psychoticbastard

Big Grin

Sorry about that. Normally, all accounts are activated in less than a day, since I approve accounts every night. The only reason that yours took a little longer is because you created another account right afterward called "dummy," which made me a little suspicious. For suspicious accounts, I usually wait an extra day and see what the person does before activating them, because we have had many problems in the past with people signing up just to cause trouble, and like Dr. Gonzo said, if I allowed everyone to post right away, they could start causing trouble immediately. I'm glad to know that you are not one of those people, though. Welcome to the forums!
psychoticbastard 12-12-2005 04:53 PM
LoLz i completely understand now; thanks for the info. Oh and i admit making a dummy account; i did it because i wasnt sure if the account was created, so i tested it by creating a fake one.

In anyway thanks for accepting me Big Grin