Episode 39 Discussion: "Secret of Ishbal"

Shredder 12-10-2005 09:56 PM
Even though it doesn't look like as many people are following (or at least discussing) FMA, I'm still going to start the threads for anyone still interested. It's a shame, too, since it really is a great series if you have the chance to watch it all the way through... Frown

Anyway, tonight's ep sets the stage for a lot of important events in the upcoming episodes, but it's also interesting in its own right, as it brings up some still unanswered questions. Enjoy!
Hobodoken 12-10-2005 10:02 PM
Seeing as my sister has some friends in the tv room >_>, I'll have to make sure to catch the 2 AM airing.

<_< Hope to see some responses here after that.
R.Smith 12-10-2005 11:09 PM
Wow, so that's why Scar was dragging that large rock!

Interesting learning what really happened to start the war. :o

Poor Martel, she just followed orders and look where it got her and her comrads. Frown

I had a feeling that girl was the "holy mother".... just a feeling. Wink

Can't wait for the next episode! Big Grin
Sephiroth 12-10-2005 11:10 PM
Wow, that was awesome. It was really cool to learn out what actually caused the war in Ishbaal, even more so since Martel and the Chimeras were involved. It is also nice to have Mustang and Ed together again, though Kimblee, Tucker and Archer are definatly up to something. One has to wonder what Tucker was doing with those watches, and if he will do anything "special" to Ed's watch. Kimblee is definatly going to be trouble for Al and Ed, especially since Al and Martel seem to be inseparable now. It's pretty cool to see how things have come full circle, being that they are back in Lior now. Seeing Rose as the new religious leader is odd, and one has to wonder what seeing Ed again will cause. Also, we heard Pride mentioned for on of the first times, when Gluttony and Lust were speaking. Gluttony's final line about the Beast of Ishbaal was very ominous, but one has to wonder who he was talking about. He has never referred to Scar in that way before.
Raven 12-10-2005 11:22 PM
Wow, pretty interesting episode. We finally get to see what Scar was doing with that huge rock... That was quite unexpected. It was also cool to finally find out how the war in Ishbal started. It was kind of sad to see what they did to their own soldiers just to cover up the truth. Can't wait to se what happens next episode with Kimbly as well as Scar.

BTW, I <3 Martel. Her character is really starting to grow on me. Too bad the rest of the chimeras died so fast...
Volt 12-11-2005 01:33 AM
Sweet. FMA is getting a lot better. The last few episodes sucked, but I think it'll be good from now on. I hope Marta gets Kimblee.
David Ryder 12-11-2005 03:17 AM
A soild episode. A nice change from the past weak offerings, now if funimation would hurry up with those dvds.
Madrona 12-12-2005 12:10 AM
Ever since I admitted to the Hubby that I had seen all the episodes(fansubs of course) I've been holding back on watching the English version until we can watch them together. Hence, my watching of the latest episodes has been a bit delayed.

I'm sure I'll see this one soon.

Kimblee and Tucker and Archer..OH MY! I'm not sure which one I'd trust least .
Nine Kuze 12-12-2005 10:33 AM
I missed the 11:00 showing and had to check out the 2:00 show but anyway, I thought this was a very interesting episode.

We get to find out how Martel and the rest of her crew became chimers and why they were locked away in Lab 5 in the first place. Man, the military screwed them over like the Oscars do to Martin Scorsese. Also, Roy Mustang makes a comeback. I was actually getting tired of him because I haven't seen him in a while but it was good to see him and Edward and Archer interact with one another. Archer is one suspious little punk. Also, we saw what Scar was up to with the heavy manual labor and...
spoiler (highlight to read):
He's planning on turning the entire town of Liore into an actual Philosopher's Stone to use against the military. But this is all part of Dante's big plan. Hehehehe...

They mentioned Pride at the end!
Which is cool because I'm really looking forward to seeing him be revealed in the next episode as King Bradley.

Anyway, that's all I got and was anybody else freaked out or startled by Edward's disguise? I know he has to keep out of sight, but damn, where's you fashion sense, son?
Peace.
Gato Gurl914 12-12-2005 11:01 AM
what really got me about his disguise is where he got it. its not like they were acctually traveling with it were they? bootface was funny.
X Prime 12-12-2005 05:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
They mentioned Pride at the end!
Which is cool because I'm really looking forward to seeing him be revealed in the next episode as King Bradley.

You mean to tell me I actually NAILED that the Fuhrer was hiding something and was an asskicker without knowing beforehand?

Cool.
MercZ 12-16-2005 06:16 PM
This episode revealed alot about the plot. It's kind of interesting to see that Scar was infact making an alchemy symbol.

It seems that the situation that Lior is having is beginning to look an awful lot like Ishbal's situation. Maybe the military has been starting wars to make philosophers' stones.