The Antichrist Superstar marries

Patsai 12-10-2005 07:01 PM

Marilyn Manson has just married his long time Girlfreind Heather Sweet in Ireland. Of course Manson didn't just have a big white wedding, most of it was black. His girlfriend is actually a burlesque dancer. His wedding wasn't big at all, just close family and all his band memebers were there.

Personally I found Marilyn Manson's music likeable to some degree, however I'd never support what he's trying to do, which is a bit obvious in how he dresses and portrays himself in his music videos. Although this hit me like a ton of bricks, because marriage was the last thing I could think of for this guy.
Generalissimo D 12-10-2005 07:12 PM
Mr. Warner pulls off a dope show, and you gotta love his psychotic style. I can understand his reasons for a quiet wedding. People would have gone completly batshit if they knew it was in the vicinity, paparazzi doubly so.

This was current news about 2 days ago, just in case anyone is shocked.
Travis Bickle 12-11-2005 02:31 AM
Too bad his music isn't that good anymore, he's all coked out, his new wife is pretty much a professional whore, and he refuses to pay money to ex-band members (one that I actually personally know) that they rightfully deserve.

Though I did hear bits and pieces of the new album, and it sounds a bit better than the last piece of crap.

Next motherf***er's gonna get my metal.
Nine Kuze 12-13-2005 01:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai

Marilyn Manson has just married his long time Girlfreind Heather Sweet in Ireland. Of course Manson didn't just have a big white wedding, most of it was black. His girlfriend is actually a burlesque dancer. His wedding wasn't big at all, just close family and all his band memebers were there.

Personally I found Marilyn Manson's music likeable to some degree, however I'd never support what he's trying to do, which is a bit obvious in how he dresses and portrays himself in his music videos. Although this hit me like a ton of bricks, because marriage was the last thing I could think of for this guy.

Dude got married?! And here, I didn't even know that the guy was still alive. I agree that I wasn't into much of his music and I always thought that his image was like a gimmick from pro wrestling. But hell, congrats nonetheless.

A professional whore... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Peace.
Ace of Spades 12-13-2005 02:02 PM
And now the world ends..... or does it???? But still good for him none the less.
Sharpshooter005 12-13-2005 02:10 PM
The one actress chick he used to date was hotter, and no I cant remember her name right now.

Oh and yeah, he's still a gimmick. I saw him on Too Late with Adam Carolla once, and thought the universe was going to implode, since...gimmick + worst late night show ever=apocalypse. Then I saw the episode where Adam basically licked Carlos Mencia's boots because he uses the word "beaner" alot.

Yeah..I felt the overwhelming urge to just drink until I forgot there even was a Comedy Central, much less they were paying Carlos Mencia.

quote:
you gotta love his psychotic style

I respect that he's managing to bilk thousands of dollars out of halfwits who think owning his cds makes them "edgy and unique" by putting on this act. Because those people really do only exist as a source of labor and money.
Travis Bickle 12-13-2005 03:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
The one actress chick he used to date was hotter, and no I cant remember her name right now.

Rose McGowen (sp?).

quote:
Oh and yeah, he's still a gimmick. I saw him on Too Late with Adam Carolla once, and thought the universe was going to implode, since...gimmick + worst late night show ever=apocalypse. Then I saw the episode where Adam basically licked Carlos Mencia's boots because he uses the word "beaner" alot.

Marilyn Manson takes up a different gimmick each time he comes out with a new album. This has happened since...say...starting 1996. However, the different "phases" that he went through between 96 and 2000 totally hauled ass, since the three cds he released in between them were amazing (especially Mechanical Animals, since it paid tribute to Glam Rock and Ziggy Stardust and the like). I've seen him in concert...9 times (more if you count Ozzfest and the like). However, I never really bought into the whole "concept album of an alien with titties" thing, and I certainly don't really pay attention to his rhetoric (if you'd like to call it that).

quote:
quote:
you gotta love his psychotic style

I respect that he's managing to bilk thousands of dollars out of halfwits who think owning his cds makes them "edgy and unique" by putting on this act. Because those people really do only exist as a source of labor and money.

I own the cds but sheerly for musical purposes. It doesn't make me unique. It doesn't make me edgy. It makes me a consumer, a listener, and an fan. Do I have a Marilyn Manson t-shirt? A few, but I got them from concerts and whatnot (and who doesn't buy shirts at concerts?)

Now, Marilyn Manson wasn't always about gimmicks.

See this guy?:

He used to be this guy:

Marilyn Manson (the band)'s first major release wasn't any concept album (like all of those after). It was basically a re-recording of a handful of their most popular songs as the Spooky Kids (or later Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids). The guy in the picture is Scott Mitchell Putesky, who went by the stage name Daisy Berkowitz. He, along with Brian Warner, founded Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids and wrote an assload of good songs (and is a pretty nice guy, might I add). The songs built around a central theme of creepy and shock-filled nursery rhymes, which merged together with the music really well, but didn't have any central theme.

After "Portrait of an American Family" (the first Marilyn Manson album) and the remix album ("Smells Like Children"), Marilyn Manson grew to fame with a cover of the Eurythmics song "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)". With all this fame, Brian Warner/Marilyn Manson wanted to change the image of the band, as well as the overall musical style and tone. So, while creating his second major release (Antichrist Superstar), he got into a scuff with Scott Putseky about the creative direction. Because Putesky wanted to just keep the idea the same as it was with the band and Warner wanted to drastically change it, Putesky found himself outnumbered (by bassist Jerodie Osborne-White and keyboardist Steven...something...I don't remember off the top of my head...but his stage name is Madonna Wayne Gacy) and then thrown out of the band, after only finishing a few tracks on the new album against his will.

After that album, Manson recorded the glam album "Mechanical Animals". After that, he recorded a somewhat goth-inspired album "Holy Wood". After a few years and a big line up change (which saw him getting rid of probably his best guitarist and bassist), he created "The Golden Age of Grotesque", which was a crappy, crappy industrial metal album that made heavy use of the drum machine. During this time, Marilyn Manson started caring more about painting, art and cocaine and less about music, so he did this whole thing where he sold paintings and became somewhat of an odd expressionist. Most fans bought into that, while I did not.

Marilyn Manson now is really no different from Paris Hilton. He's a professional celebrity. He's coming out with another album, but it's most likely (from leaked audio files that I've heard) just another churned out piece of crap. His fifteen minutes of fame are over, and he's not ever going to go back to making what I considered good music.
Sharpshooter005 12-13-2005 03:34 PM
quote:

I own the cds but sheerly for musical purposes. It doesn't make me unique. It doesn't make me edgy. It makes me a consumer, a listener, and an fan.

quote:
he did this whole thing where he sold paintings and became somewhat of an odd expressionist. Most fans bought into that, while I did not

Thats...more the kind of person I meant. Or the...you know..children, they dont have the income for paintings though/

quote:
Rose McGowen (sp?).

Yeah, that one. I knew it began with an R.
David Ryder 12-13-2005 03:59 PM
speak of to late with Adam Corolla, did they cancel that god awful show? and Gonzo isn't kidding when he say he know's his mansion.
Sharpshooter005 12-13-2005 05:10 PM
quote:
speak of to late with Adam Corolla, did they cancel that god awful show

Sadly yes. And it was becoming a massive train wreck also. They had to cut the audience since...nobody laughed, and it was creepy. Then they made it all guests for the whole show.

The last one I saw had John Stamos on. All he did was mock Carolla, and then Bob Saget called...and they BOTH began kind of ragging on him. It was BIZZARE. I kept expecting Dave Coulier to walk in and kneecap Carolla, just to complete the trifecta.
David Ryder 12-13-2005 07:07 PM
quote:
They had to cut the audience since...nobody laughed, and it was creepy.

CC should have know that's what happens when you give people that aren't funny their own show...that's right Mencia i'm lookin at you. I caught the mansion one, I don't think anyone laughted or maybe they cut the audience outta that one.