:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two for Best Male Character! ::

Nine Kuze 12-10-2005 10:52 AM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Male Character is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the best character of the male gender. The award is presented to the winner, the male character. The character and the anime series they are present in are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: Spike Spiegel - Cowboy Bebop (voiced by Koichi Yamadera, Steven Blum)

• Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
  • Roger Smith - The Big O
  • Vash the Stampede - Trigun

2006: Roger Smith - The Big O (voiced by Mitsuru Miyamoto, Steven Blum)

• Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
  • Jin - Samurai Champloo
  • Mugen - Samurai Champloo
JAYCZero 12-11-2005 02:25 AM
I most definately got's to go with my Favorite Character from
Cowboy Bebop Spike Spiegal. He's got Style , he's a
Cool Calculating , Ass kicking Suicidal Bounty Hunter

I would have also picked Roger Smith , but I can't pick
more than one Character in this thread.
corrupt 12-16-2005 05:04 PM
Roger Smith is by far the best character, he's got morals. Kinda like james bond but not an
spoiler (highlight to read):
asshole
David Ryder 12-16-2005 05:58 PM
Geez no love for Vash? I voted for him because my personality more or less the same. Love and Peace!
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 12:45 PM
Spike Spiegel and Roger Smith. That would be the best and the most obvious two to go with. C'mon, who doesn't love Spike and Roger? But I'm not here for the obvious. I'm to vote for the nominees that deserve to go get it and one of them is... Edward Elric. The little guy deserves it, he's been through so much, and hell, he's so damn likeable. Oh, and sorry Vash, but I have to admit that I've never really seen Trigun...

Nine XXVI's Picks: Edward Elric, Spike Spiegel
(Yeah, that's right! I snubbed Crow-Boy... and this probably makes me eligible to be cruicified here on the forums.)
Peace.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 11:40 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Male Character and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Male Character category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Male Character Presenter: Mistress-Samwise

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
Edward Elric always saw that he myself had to carry the burden of returning his younger brother Alphonse to his body. So after the events of Lior, Edward made it his top objective of defeating the Homonculi and their leader, Dante. Trying to keep Alphonse out of harm's way, Edward went up against Greed, Sloth, Wrath, and finally Envy who, after showing him a shattering family secret, took his life. After Alphonse used the Philosopher's Stone to resurrect him, Edward in turn traded his body, soul, mind, and the memories of time during their four year journey to bring Alphonse back. After the transmutation, Edward arrived at the other side of the gate, looking to get back to his world.

:: Jin - Samurai Champloo
Jin has always lived for himself and has always lived in the way of the samurai. With neverending training, Jin's master wanted to pass the dojo to him and make him the new master. But with the wrath of a man known as "the Hands of God" after them, Jin was forced his hand and his sword to kill his own master in what looked like an act of betrayal and has been sought after by many former students because of it. Meeting by a chance, Jin journeys with Mugen and Fuu to find the "samurai who smells of sunflowers" and along the way, comes to the conclusion that he can use his swords for more than just myself.

:: Mugen - Samurai Champloo
Growing up on forsaken ground, all his life Mugen has been surrounded and has been involved with crime, mayhem, and ultraviolence. Mugen never had the notion that he would live long and with many people always after his life, he lived like he was about to die tomorrow. Living for the ultimate challenge in a fight, Mugen meets Jin in a teahouse and after meeting Fuu as well, they agree to hold off their duel until they have found the "samurai that smells of sunflowers". Coming from near death and saving Fuu, Mugen sees that Jin is not his enemy but rather, his opposite and friend.

:: Roger Smith - The Big O
In the show known as Paradigm City, Roger Smith plays the role of both negotiator and that of the dominus of megadeus of the Big O. He may seem to not anything about myself or his past but unlike most of the citizens in Paradigm City, Roger doesn't seem to care about his own past but that of Paradigm City. Playing the role of negotiator goes a long way, more than even Roger realizes as his main task is to save the realm of Paradigm, not by defeating the tyrannical Alex Rosewater and Big Fau, but by coming to terms by negotiating with the Director of their world.

Peace.
Nine Kuze 09-18-2006 11:36 AM
I'm going with Edward and Roger this time around.

Also, and I do like him, but I'm shocked, SHOCKED that Mugen is leading the race at the moment.

"Here is your voting ticket for Mugen sir."
"Oh, thank you very much."

Casablanca reference. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Peace.
Valdoom 09-18-2006 03:18 PM
I agree with most of the votes, but I think Little Slugger should of been up there, because he causeed more Physical and Mental(especially Mental) damage then any of the other Villians up there...O well...
GO BEBOP!!!
Nine Kuze 09-18-2006 03:30 PM
Please, next time, make note and try to make a reference to the thread that you are actually posting in.

Also, I am secretly rooting for Edward to win.
Peace.