:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two for Best Graphic Novel! ::

Nine Kuze 12-10-2005 10:40 AM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Graphic Novel is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the author who penned the novel. The award is presented to the winner, the author. To be a qualified nominee, the work must be related to animation in some way and must be fictional as well. The author and the novel they wrote are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: Rurouni Kenshin - Nobuhiro Watsuki
  • Dragonball Z
  • FullMetal Alchemist
  • One Piece

2006: Hellsing - Kouta Hirano
  • Death Note
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Trigun
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:19 PM
No love for the FullMetal? Personally, when I'm holed up at Borders for around six hours give or take, I can't put the stuff down (Same with Evangelion at this point in time) and I find the Kenshin manga rather better than the anime. Damn Cartoon Network and your OVERhyping everything...

Nine XXVI's Picks: FullMetal Alchemist, Rurouni Kenshin
Peace.
David Ryder 01-06-2006 02:25 PM
Wha! No Berserk? It's one of the few 30+ volume manga that is actually good. Well Keshin is good, and Fullmetal is decent enough.
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 02:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Wha! No Berserk? It's one of the few 30+ volume manga that is actually good. Well Keshin is good, and Fullmetal is decent enough.

See, that's why I need help with earlier nominations!!
Peace.
David Ryder 01-06-2006 02:44 PM
quote:
See, that's why I need help with earlier nominations!!

True but I though atleast someone else other than myself liked berserk...dang, I should have voted. ><
Mugiwara Luffy 01-12-2006 07:17 PM
Yeah, I think Trigun should be on here too. Oh well, I voted for ONE PIECE!
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 10:43 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Manga and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Manga category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Manga Presenter: Mugiwara Luffy

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: Death Note - Takeshi Obata, Tsugumi Ohba
Light Yagami is a bright young high school student who finds a strange notebook with the title "Death Note" lying on the ground one day. After realizing that the "Death Note" was a shinigami's tool with the power to kill anyone whose name was written on its pages, Light decided to use it to "cleanse" the world from evil. Soon after the many unexplainable deaths of criminals being noticed, Light becomes hunted by the Japanese police force and a mysterious detective known as "L". Light realises that L is also a genius, and the two begin a cat and mouse chase to see who will be the first to have their identities exposed.

:: Hellsing - Kouta Hirano
The mysterious and secret Order of the Royal Protestant Knights (also known as the Hellsing Agency) protects the kingdom of England from a variety of enemies such as vampires, ghouls, and other supernatural foes. The lastest grand threat to not only the Hellsing Organization, England, and to the entire world itself is the faction known as Millenium. Led by Montana Max and his force of vampires facing up against Alucard and Hellsing, Millenium has no real purpose other to send the world into a never-ending war.

:: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Yoshiyuki Sadamoto
In the year of 2015, Shinji Ikari is summoned by his father to the city of Neo Tokyo-3 after several years of separation. There he unwillingly accepts the task of becoming the pilot of a giant biological humanoid by the name of Evangelion and protect the world from the enigmatic invaders known as the Angels. Even though he repeatedly questions why he has accepted this mission from his estranged and cold father, his doing so helps him to gradually accept himself.

:: Trigun - Yasuhiro Nightow
With a $$60 billion double doular bounty on his head, Vash the Stampede lives on the planet of Gunsmoke constantly being hunted with numerous rumors spread about him. Two insurance agents, Meryl Stryfe and Millie Thompson, are sent to minimize the damage that he causes and creates but that's more than they can do. Also traveling with preist Nicholas D. Wolfwood, the pacifist Vash travels the planet in search of his twin brother Millions Knives, who has a vicious gang known as the Gung-Ho Guns whose mission is to make Vash suffer for not joining him and his ideals that have always conflicted with Vash's

Peace.
Nine Kuze 09-15-2006 10:29 AM
Deathnote's a given and just for the hell of it, I'm rockin' with Trigun. I like all these series, especially since the Evangelion manga is better than the anime itself and Hellsing is nothing but excellent gore. But those are my two best.

quote:
Originally posted by Travis Bickle
And if anyone ever tries to compare Death Note to Watchmen, I'll kill them in front of their entire family.

Its interesting you should say that because you know what Deathnote reminds me of...
Peace.
David Ryder 09-15-2006 12:14 PM
Trigun. Nightow needs to start working on the darn thing again. Hellsing is ok, Eva, is just boring, and Deathnote is overrated as hell.