Nintendo DS Friend Codes

Dork 01-09-2006 12:44 AM
I accidentally cheated. Big Grin

I set my time ahead four days to make sure my pear tree took. It did. So I turned off without saving and reset the date on my DS. Logged into another character and found my town had four days of growth. Four days of weeds, new fruit, a fully grown pear tree (pretty good, considering I planted it this morning), and, oh yeah, I now have Nook's. Looks like he'll be open tomorrow. Oppsies.

Can't see any real ill-effects from it, though I'll have to keep an eye on my white turnips (glad I didn't plant the red ones) and I'm definitely not doing that again. It didn't seem to affect my residents, or Rockabye's mail. Maybe that's because I time traveled on another character it just didn't affect the rest.

If you don't mind the weeds and the ailing flowers (had to water just about every one of them) call it a cheat.

I've done time jumps within the same day before (saved and everything) with absolutely no ill affects.

muchlove
-Dork

edit: is it 'ill affect' or 'ill effect'?
Jeff 01-09-2006 01:09 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dude Love
From what I've gathered, as long as you don't reset, you can time travel all you want without seeing him.

Hopefully I'll have all good news next morning. Set up the expansion, cash in the fish, and maybe even get some mail. Even better is if Nook stocks the shovel tomorrow. That would be clutch.

As soon as youre able to, buy two shovels. Bury one and leave it underground for 24 hours and it will turn into a golden shovel. Aside from looking cool you can use it to bury money to grow money trees.
Dude Love 01-09-2006 09:33 AM
Unfortunately, no shovel at Nook's today.

He's upgrading soon, so he's going to be closed tomorrow.

Where and when can I purchase turnips?

EDIT: I just got three peaches (yay! The GameFAQs boards are good for something...) and I'm willing to "loan" them out 'til I get a shovel. Essentially, you can plant them as long as I get 3 peaches back some time.

EDIT 2: I got your note in a bottle, Dork.
Dork 01-09-2006 04:28 PM
I'll do you one better.

Let's try to meet up today or tomorrow in your town (I wanna take a look ^_^ ). I'll give you a shovel, you give me one of those peaches and we'll call it even.

If you want to do it tonight I'm free from 6 to 6:30pm. I don't know about later tonight. If my neighbor's wifi is up at 9 we can do it then.

That's awesome about the note, by the by.

muchlove
-Dork
Dude Love 01-09-2006 04:56 PM
Sure thing. My town's not much, yet.

I'm around now. I might be eating soon, though. I'll have a peach in my pocket, though, that way I'm ready on the spur of the moment.

Gate'll be open within 5 minutes of this post, 'til I eat dinner.

Also, what are the guidelines for planting trees to make sure the fruit trees live and bear fruit?
Dork 01-09-2006 05:06 PM
Thank you Thank you thank you!

I'll give you some pears and oranges (Rosie sent me one before I meet up with you) when they come in season.

To plant you'll want to fell a tree that you know is fruit bearing. Dig up the stump (that's where the shovel comes in) and bury the fruit in the exact spot the fruit bearing tree was. It might also be a good idea to water the sapling.

Do you have an axe? I can come back and give you one if you need it.

muchlove
-Dork
Dork 01-10-2006 07:45 PM
And Coco's picture is mine.

This is my 4th picture and the first one I've recieved that I was actively going after. I was starting to worry that photos were random events but it does look like you can earn them Big Grin

That reminds me does anyone have any lovely furniture I can either buy off you or add to my catalog (my picking them up and giving them back)? Specifically I need a lovely carpet, the lovely chair, lovely armoire, lovely dresser, lovely kitchen, or the lovely end table. If you have any of those I'm open to trades addition to paying you for the item. And I, of course will share some oranges, peaches, and pears with you when the trees come in.

I've got to get rid of Egbert. The moment he got in town he started asking for fossils of all things. So that leaves only Rosie and Kody's pictures that I still need to get. I think both of them are close. If I can get her some more lovely furniture I should have Rosie's in the bag.

muchlove
-Dork

edit: wait, scratch that. Rosie's stopped looking for furniture. Though I would still appreciate the lovely carpet if someone wants to trade for it.
Dork 01-11-2006 12:47 AM
OMG!

You can eat the fruit!

Also found where Nintendo's selling that NWC.

For 35 bucks, too

cheers
-Dork
Spooky 01-13-2006 12:30 PM
So I finally bought a DS...

I suppose this is more of an Animal Crossing question than anything so:

I've been playing for 3 days now. I'm starting to figure that things are really slow in the beginning as you have to pay off your mortgage, etc etc. I'm getting kind of bored with trying to pawn off seashells and peaches (once I realized that they're better off spent as money than food!) as it takes forever. The only thing I've been able to purchase so far to help me make money is the fishing rod - but here in lies the problem....I can't catch a single fish! I've been told I "just need to get the hang of it," but everytime I pull up on the pole when a fish has bitten, it swims off.

Any ideas or pointers for this? Or am I just impatient?
Schwarzwald 01-13-2006 10:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Spooky
So I finally bought a DS...

I suppose this is more of an Animal Crossing question than anything so:

I've been playing for 3 days now. I'm starting to figure that things are really slow in the beginning as you have to pay off your mortgage, etc etc. I'm getting kind of bored with trying to pawn off seashells and peaches (once I realized that they're better off spent as money than food!) as it takes forever. The only thing I've been able to purchase so far to help me make money is the fishing rod - but here in lies the problem....I can't catch a single fish! I've been told I "just need to get the hang of it," but everytime I pull up on the pole when a fish has bitten, it swims off.

Any ideas or pointers for this? Or am I just impatient?

A fish will nibble at first on the rod to see if it is edible, wait till the fish makes the lure thing go *bloop!* and it goes under water. Then pull back on the rod and you should get the fish if you got it fast enough.

I've found that usually fish nibble from 3-5 times until they actually try to eat the lure.
Dork 01-14-2006 08:48 AM
I find it difficult to catch fish with the volume off or too low. Keep an eye on the bob and when you hear the 'bloop' press the button. Still, you won't catch every fish. A tip about ocean fish; try to catch every tiny fish you see (the fish that are tail to head smaller than your bob). The tiny fish you catch in the ocean will always be sea butterflies. And Nook will buy each one for 1000 bells.

Another tool you'll want to get your hands on is the shovel. Run around town and when you see a piece of ground with a star-like scar on it dig it up. The item you dig up will either be a fossil or a gyroid. Gyroids are cool little trinkets you can set up in your home that'll each do a seperate dance and song, you can also sell them to Nook for a little over 800 bells. If you've found a fossil take it over to the Museum and have Blathers the owl appraise it. He's deperate to add new fossils to his collection so don't race through the screens or you might end up making an unintentional donation. Once the fossil has been appraise you can take it over to Nook. Depending on the fossil he'll pay anywhere from 1,400 bells to 6,000 for it (the average is around 4,000 per fossil).

Mail any items you don't want to your neighbors. They will always send you a letter back with a different item attached. You'll need to buy paper from Nook to do this. To write a letter simply tap 'write a letter' on the paper. Once your letter is written simply drag the unwanted over to your letter. Don't send your residents trash (old tire, tin can, old boot) or fruit. You can send them clothing, wallpaper, flooring, and furniture. Once you've gotten your letter all ready go see Pelly or Phyllis over at town hall (go to the window in front of the recyling bin) and tell her you want to mail a letter. You can either sell, regift, or keep the items you recieve back from your residents.
-------------------------

Rosie gave me her photo thursday! I'm so happy... and so totally bored with my residents now that I have almost everyone's photo.

muchlove
-Dork
Spooky 01-16-2006 12:45 PM
Thanks you two for the advice! I figured out the fishing bit after I posted - I wasn't waiting long enough for them to bite...

I've finally been able to buy the shovel, slingshot, watering can, etc, so now the game has picked up by a lot.

I figured out sending items to your neighbors generally means a nice gift in return! I've also found you can find some nice treasures in the Recylcing Bin (dumpster diving!)

Anyway, thanks for the help - I'm not much of a gamer Tongue
Schwarzwald 01-16-2006 11:19 PM
Heh. I just got Mario Kart DS. Big Grin Its pretty fun and I love blowing up your baloons. It stinks though that you can't choose whether to have a battle game or what on auto-match Wi-Fi. I haven't tried the friends code feature. Maybe you can on that...

I gotta find that site that shares friend codes to join games with each other. There was one for animal crossing but I lost it, I don't know if they do Mario Kart too.
Schwarzwald 01-18-2006 03:01 PM
Holy crud! I just shot down a UFO, helped him get ship parts back to him him launch back into the sky and got a peeing monkey statue thing as a reward. Big Grin Pretty goovy event.
Dork 01-24-2006 03:29 PM
I was on vacation in Colorado last week. I thought I'd be able to get online (thus why I bothered not to inform anyone on the board) but there was never any time to do it. I was so tired after skiing to do much of anything. And we skiied five days out of eight. One of the extra days was a travel/shopping day (we stayed in a super snazzy slope side condo in Breckenridge), one was a sick day (altitude sickness should DIE) and only one was a rest day (we spent it at Borders).

Anywho, in that time Maelle moved in (yea!), Buck moved out (yea!) and a few days later Maelle gave me her photo (double yea!). I also paid off my fourth loan and got my third room (yippy! Still haven't a clue what to do with it). My foreign fruit trees are doing very very well now. But I only have three apple trees left (whoopsies! Big Grin ) Pears, Oranges, and Peaches look so lovely next to each other. I don't like Cherries so I keep them hidden away, but they're still there. As always if anyone wants some fruit I'll be happy to share for the low low price of a visit to your town Big Grin

Congrats on the UFO, Schwarzwald. I've seen two UFOs since I've been playing but I'm never fast enough to get it. One day... maybe. Oh! But Dr. Shrunk did visit. Rockabye can now express depression. And my others can now express shyness.

My items of note I've collected in the last week are a cabana screen and a exotic screen (I've been coveting Coco's screen for quite a while now), a pear wardrobe, a samurai suit, and the famous painting.

I love my pear wardrobe! If anyone wants one I'd be happy to let you add it to your catalog (or you can play me for one, Nook's price, off course). I'd really like to get the pear dresser if anyone has it.

I'm not a gamer either, Spooky. I've been playing handhelds for seven years now and the only games I have are Warioland 4, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart (it came with the DS), two Raymans, and almost every Pokémon RPG. I love games as much as the next person, but finding ones I like is very very difficult. But I love Animal Crossing.

Oh, and Wolfgang moved in this morning (YES!).

Happy
muchlove
-Dork

p.s. Swartzy, I'd love to play against you in Mario Kart. I'll send you my friend code when I get the chance. I hate playing random people online. They all have karts I'm no where close to unlocking.
Dude Love 01-24-2006 04:41 PM
A couple of weeks ago, Dora moved out. See, she sorta decided "Hey, randomly I'm going to leave for NO reason, and mail you about it after 9 PM". So, I got her letter at like 12:20 AM and she was gone.

She was my favorite resident, too, and I never got her picture or anything. Frown
Dork 01-25-2006 03:57 PM
Wow, I thought residents couldn't move until you talked to them when they're packing up. That's a bit alarming. I really don't want to lose Coco and Rosie so I guess I'll have to keep a keen eye on them.

I swear, it seems like if you go a day without talking to someone they'll just up and leave. I wish Camofrog would leave. He's been sick for two weeks now and I never remember to bring him medicine in enough consecutive days for him to get better.

Kody finally gave me his picture. Little slave driver. Coco's threatened to move out but I think I talked her out of it. Meanwhile Wolfgang has an unfortunate interest in fossils. Hopefully we can get him to forget about bones.

Oh! I almost forgot. Saharah came by this morning. Went through the whole rigamarow with all four of my characters and she gave me a concrete floor, a lunar sunrise (gorgeous), a Shoji wallpaper (looks like the paper screens from Japan), and a Saharah Desert. I look forward to using the wallpapers.

Currently I think I have enough extra Snowman pieces make up another set. I'm kinda toying with the idea of giving one of my neighbors a snowman make-over but all those bells sound very appealing too. I like that you can decorate your neighbors' houses by proxy. Rosie almost has a complete lovely set of furniture plus a Mr. Flamingo. I'm still trying to get my hands on a lovely carpet for her but so far no luck.

muchlove
-Dork
Jeff 01-26-2006 12:07 AM
I should be getting a high speed connection in two weeks, so i'll look forward to playing with you guys. Smile
Generalissimo D 01-27-2006 05:30 PM
Blah blah. I'll get AC soon enough. But I think some of you might find the following article somewhat important.

BEWARE NINTENDO'S RED TULIPS
Dork 01-27-2006 10:41 PM
Wow, thanks for the warning. I've yet to figure out how to get a free gift from Nintendo through wi-fi.