Nintendo DS Friend Codes

Travis Bickle 01-05-2006 10:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dude Love
Since I just finished Mario Kart (Yeah, I actually bought the DS), how highly do you all recommend getting Animal Crossing?

If you own a DS, you pretty much have to own Animal Crossing. It's highly addictive and pretty awesome to boot.
Wazpy 01-05-2006 10:45 PM
Pokemon is going to be online... there goes my life.
Dork 01-05-2006 11:40 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Wazpy
Pokemon is going to be online... there goes my life.

Reeeeeaaallly? Well, well, Dork may just have to get herself a NWC.

To Dude Love:

Animal Crossing is recommended very much. You buy it in the morning and two hours past bedtime you won't know where the hell the last 12 hours went. I dunno. It just gets you.

I listened to a video review on IGN and the guy said the game, at least a large part of it, is about customizing your little world and it's really true. From what I've heard Animal Crossing is the biggest thing that's hit the DS, perhaps ever, but you don't see it on the display DS systems at Best Buy and Wal Mart and I think it's because you can't really appreciate and love AC until you have your own copy and you've created your world and you've run around and made it your own for a few hours. As a display it would be nothing as a personal world, it's indiscribable. You won't regret the perchase. And if you do I think copies are still selling above MSRP on amazon's resellers. You can't lose.

muchlove
-Dork
Schwarzwald 01-06-2006 02:03 PM
That just gave me an idea!!!

When spring comes around I gotta plant a tree wall around my house or the town enterance. I probably won't be allowed to plant them close enough together to block someones way... but it'd be cool to show off.
Dork 01-06-2006 04:15 PM
I tried to block Mallary off yesterday but when I turned the game on this morning all the saplings around her house were gone.
Schwarzwald 01-06-2006 09:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dork
I tried to block Mallary off yesterday but when I turned the game on this morning all the saplings around her house were gone.

Ha. Sounds like she needed to let out a bit of anger with the most deadly weapon in animal crossing.
Dork 01-06-2006 11:59 PM
I don't like Mallary. All she ever does is beg for furniture and send me wallpaper. I can't get her to give me chores or free stuff. I may start trapping her with my net if I can't get her to give me her photo in the next few days.

Meanwhile Buck finally gave me his photo tonight! Yay! Hopefully he'll move out soon. I strongly dislike him.

I think Coco and Kody are close to giving me their photos. Coco gave me three chores today. Aside from those two and Rosie I'm getting tired of my residents. Need new blood. I want Kabuki, Citrus, or maybe one of those armadillos...
Dork 01-07-2006 07:58 PM
A Coconut washed up on my beach this morning!

Word to the wise. If you find a coconut chop down a tree that you know is fruitbearing and bury it the exact spot the tree stood. Only certain patches of ground will produce fruit bearing trees.

I still want peaches however. Coconuts may count as a foreign fruit but they're not pretty. I've read that if you keep sending letters to your residents asking for foreign fruit eventually they'll send you some. I've been mass market begging for two days without success. But I write my residents everyday so at the very least it gives me an easy topic.

muchlove
-Dork

by the by balloon presents always show up in a minute ending in four. The clock will be at XX:X4 when a present starts it's flight across your screen. You can't predict when presents will come but they'll always follow the XX:X4 pattern.
Shaoblane 01-07-2006 09:39 PM
I think it'd be really cool to meet forum members on DS, but I only have Nintendogs. (dachshund....or however it's spelled) So, do I need to get Animal Crossing? (cause I have no idea how it works.)
Dude Love 01-07-2006 09:59 PM
So, I bought it today, and I'm getting going. Wish me luck.

By the way, registered for a Friend Code already, though there's not much around yet and I've sorta not done anything substantial yet.
Dork 01-08-2006 12:04 AM
::ears perk up::

You have a friend code? How solid is your access to wi-fi? I'd love to meet up with you online. I'd love meet up with anyone on line ::weep! ::

What's your town fruit, by the by?

Oh! There are about four or five tools (axe, fishing rod, shovel, watering can, slingshot, timer) and depending on what you like to do some are more essential to have than others. Thing is Nook doesn't stock them all at once. I have double just about everything, if you want a tool in particular just tell me (and give me your friend code Big Grin ) and I'd be more than happy to get it for you.

Stick in there, the game's kinda slow at first but once you get in there for a few days it gets good. First thing's first try to pay off your initial morgage. 19,000 bells, once you get fishing, isn't that much. You'll be able to do a lot more with your house after the first expansion.

muchlove
-Dork

P.S. Lizard, if a game where you make money by fishing, catching bugs, uncovering fossils and other such odd jobs so that you can buy furniture, cloths, expensive gifts for demanding neighbors, and pay off an exponentially growing morgage sounds like your idea of a really good time you need this game. You won't believe something so simple can be so addicting. And hey, if you play it for awhile and decide you don't like it you can always sell it on amazon.com for 44 bucks. You cannot lose.

Dork's general Guide for Beginners:

Furniture:

There are a number of places you can go in the game to find free furniture. Your neighbors are really going to be your number one source of furniture. If you keep talking to a neighbor (pester them, they don't care) sometimes they'll give you handouts. You can also check the lost and found (talk to Cooper, the spacey dog at the gate) every so often. You can take anything that's in there and no one will mind.

Inside town hall is a recycling bin. Check that pretty regularly. You can put trash you find in the bin to be taken away on mondays and thursdays but your residents will also throw away items they don't want. Items like clothing and furniture you can either set up in your home or sell to Nook for valuable bells.

Aside from Nook's the final place you can go to find furniture daily is in the trees. Everyday two trees in your town will have furniture in them. To find them all you have to do is go around and shake the trees.

Letters:

The most reliable way to get new furniture is by sending your residents letters with items attached to them. They'll send you another letter the next day with a new present attached.

Don't worry about buying your residents new things. With all the free stuff you'll find lying around there's bound to be a lot you don't want. Instead of selling unwanted items send them to neighbors. They don't mind re-gifted items. It's the thought that counts, right? Big Grin

When you send an item to a neighbor they'll put it in there house. Which means they'll need to throw something else out to make room. If you've been coveting that cream sofa your neighbor has keep sending them items and check the recyling bin for it later.

Nook:

When you start out you're going to have a lot of items coming in and not a lot of space to store them. Don't worry about hoarding stuff for later. Keep only what you really want and sell and gift the rest. You can always go to Nook later and perchase items you've owned through your catelog. Simply click Nook and select order from Catelog and you can buy almost everything you've ever owned. (Note: Do not sell special items visitors give you if you want them. You can not order these special items later. So if the snowman sends you a dresser hold on to it.)

On top of being able to re-order cloths (perhaps an item someone's begged off you) and furniture and whatnot you can also order paper. Here's the cool part. You can order any paper that has been sent to you buy a resident and use it yourself. Pompom sends you a note on townview paper? Just go order it and you can spread the joy.

The Postoffice:

The post office is where you can pay your morgage to Nook, save bells in your bank account, save letters, and be harassed by the night clerk. The key part here is the save your letters thing.

You can store letters you've recieved (and ones you're writing) at the post office and you can store these letters with items attached. Don't know where to put that sofa the snowman sent you? Attach it to a letter and store it at the post office until you have enough room to bring it home.

Functional furniture:

A lot of your homey items will have interactive bits to them. Sit on the sofa (make rude noises on the froggy chair), play tunes on your radio, and store stuff in your closest. One of the things you'll really want to get a hold of is a wardrobe or dresser. These storage items can hold 90 items per person living in your house. That means if you have one snowman dresser you can store 90 items per character you have. Each character gets their own storage space. Getting ahold of these items can be stressful. They never seem to pop in the beginning of the game. This is one of the places where friends really come in handy (well, they can). If you know someone who has a dresser they can take it to you and let you hold it (or you can pay them, or they can give it to you) and give it back. Once you've held something you can order it through your catelog. And presto! Goodbye storage issues!
-----------------------

Gimme some fruit other than an apple or ask nicely and I'll get you a wardrobe Big Grin No questions asked for friends.

muchlove
-Dork
Dude Love 01-08-2006 11:55 AM
Since I forgot to mention this in the PM, my WiFi is pretty solid. See, my wireless router is in my room, where I spend most of my time anyway. Smile

I got the fishing rod and watering can, so far.

1.) What's the name of your town?
Wienburg (I wanted an "h" at the end, to make it sound really towny, but this is good enough).

2.) What's the name of the character you play with the most?
Chris >_>

3.)What fruits grow in your town?
Apples v_v

4.) What expansion is your house at now? (16x16 or none if you haven't expanded yet)
Just started, so none.

5.) What version of Nook's do you have? ( Nook's Cranny, Nook n' Go, Nookington's, or Nookway)
Nook's Cranny

6.) List a few of your favorite current residents
Well, I've only four, Wolfgang, Nibbles, Dora, and Benedict. Dora's been sending me on deliveries and giving me stuff, so that's been pretty cool.

7.) Does anyone else play on your cartridge? If so who and how is that working out?
Only me.

8.) How do you feel about furniture series and which are you most likely going to collect and set up in your home?
Not sure...yet.

---

Gifts have been flying overhead on balloons, but I have no clue what to do.
Dork 01-08-2006 01:08 PM
To get one of the balloon presents you'll need a slingshot. Best way to actually nab one is to wander up near the top of your town (far from the beach) when your clock's hovering at xx:x4. If you see a present line yourself under it (with the slingshot in hand, of course) and just shoot. Be careful not to hit them when the present's hovering over water or you'll lose it.

Guess what? Begging for fruit works. On my third day of blanket begging everyone in town Mallary sent me a pear. I asked for a peach, but whatever. It's still foreign fruit. And now I know it works. I'm going to keep asking for fruit until I get that peach.

edit: Oh, update on my word to the wise speil. If you find a coconut plant it near the beach. It'll shrivel up and die if you plant it anywhere else Frown

muchlove
-Dork
Jeff 01-08-2006 07:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dork
To get one of the balloon presents you'll need a slingshot. Best way to actually nab one is to wander up near the top of your town (far from the beach) when your clock's hovering at xx:x4. If you see a present line yourself under it (with the slingshot in hand, of course) and just shoot. Be careful not to hit them when the present's hovering over water or you'll lose it.

And if you shoot down 15 balloons, the 16th one will contain a GOLDEN slingshot, which shoots 3 pellets at once. Im working on it....so far i've only shot down 2...I just dont have the patience to try every ten minutes. Big Grin

quote:
Guess what? Begging for fruit works. On my third day of blanket begging everyone in town Mallary sent me a pear. I asked for a peach, but whatever. It's still foreign fruit. And now I know it works. I'm going to keep asking for fruit until I get that peach.

One time I sent three letters out and in all of them I wrote "Send me fruit." Two out of three contained fruit! Coincidence? Maybe...as of right now I have Cherry and Pear Trees, Apples and Oranges are in the process of growing. Smile

quote:
edit: Oh, update on my word to the wise speil. If you find a coconut plant it near the beach. It'll shrivel up and die if you plant it anywhere else Frown

I think I read that they have to be atleast ten spots away from the beach or they'll die. Heh, thinking about it, theres zero advantage to having coconut trees. They sell for the same as any foreign fruit and they only grow two at a time...I just like the tropical feeling, though.

UPDATE ON MY TOWN!

I've been saving lots of money for today. I bought 420 turnips for 111 bells each, would have bought more but I forgot Joan only stays until noon. Oh and I also bought one of those new red turnips and planted it...not exactly sure how these work, all I know is I have to keep watering it every day. Guess ill find out what happens soon enough. I'm praying I get a nice profit out of these turnips so I can finish off my next debt.(in which ill get the second floor, yay).

I think I might have caught all the fish for this season! I got the stringfish and the tuna(which is huge, by the way)...and from looking at this FAQ(<_<)....I dont see anything unless I overlooked something. Anyone know if the popeyed goldfish can be caught in winter?

And as far as bugs I can't find a dung beetle! If you havent made a snowman yet they can be seen rolling around one of the two snowballs on rare occasions...actually saw one once, the little sucker got away, though.

And thanks to a friend of mine owning the game, I have Nookingtons! Its really identical to the gamecube version except for the new hair salloon which is pretty cool. You can change your hairstyle and color based on how you answer a series of questions...and supposedly if you talk to the shop owner enough, you can give guy characters girl haircuts and vice versa...O_O. Interesting.

I guess thats it for me.
Dork 01-08-2006 08:23 PM
"Send me fruit"

I'll have to try that.

Dude Love came over before dinner but Nook hasn't said he's closing down for renovation yet Frown

Joan came round this morning and I bought, maybe, a hundred or a hundred and twenty white turnips. Also bought a red turnip bag. Haven't planeted yet.

I have caught a pop-eyed goldfish but I didn't catch it in my main character so I've got to re-double my efforts to find another one before winter's up.

Another tip: talk to the shy hedgehog at Able Sisters everyday and she'll start warming up to you. I haven't gotten her to greet me yet but she's happy when I talk to her now.

muchlove
-Dork
Jeff 01-08-2006 08:38 PM
The hedgehog starts conversation with me now. Works the same way with Brewster in the Coffee shop and Blathers little sister in the observatory. I've been buying coffee from brewsters every day and he talks a little more, tells me to enjoy myself and stuff like that...

I wonder characters like these give away their pictures eventually.
Dork 01-08-2006 09:54 PM
I don't know.

If you hit certain bank balance minimums you can get Phyllis and Pelly's pics.

Do you have any pictures yet?

I have Camofrog, Buck, and Goldie.

And I am getting Nookintons. Took a few hours but now Nook's saying he's shutting down. I'm glad tomorrow's my first day of school for the semester. I can only play so much when Nook closes down.
Dude Love 01-08-2006 10:43 PM
So, I paid off my mortgage right before 11, so I don't know if I'm supposed to talk to Nook or anything. But, either way, I can't 'til tomorrow morning.

I bankrupted myself, though. So, I've spent all this time fishing to take my money back from Nook tomorrow morning.
Dork 01-08-2006 11:09 PM
Yeah, just talk to Nook tomorrow morning. He'll ask if you want to expand your house and he'll let you choose what color roof you want ^_^. And then the next morning you'll have your bigger house.

There's so much more you can do with your house after the first expansion. I partitioned a small part off when I got mine. It's so nice. The room won't be as big as my main room was, Dude Love, you'll need another addition for that and after that one you'll get the extra floor. In a lot of ways I prefer the slightly smaller room (the one you'll be getting). I don't know what to do with that room.

I haven't gotten a chance to PM you yet so I guess I'll just thank you now for coming over to my town. I'm going to get Nookinton's now. Yay! He stocks roof paint everyday and there's a salon. I'm going to give all of my characters new do's.

I found this hairstyle guide at Animal Crossing Ahead.

I can't wait. I'm very tempted to do a little time traveling just to check it out. Of course that means facing Resetti again. But I might do it. I'd like to see if my pear tree took too.

muchlove
-Dork
Dude Love 01-09-2006 12:32 AM
From what I've gathered, as long as you don't reset, you can time travel all you want without seeing him.

Hopefully I'll have all good news next morning. Set up the expansion, cash in the fish, and maybe even get some mail. Even better is if Nook stocks the shovel tomorrow. That would be clutch.