Nintendo DS Friend Codes

Schwarzwald 12-09-2005 09:02 PM
Hey I got animal crossing DS, and have got a friends code and all that.

But it sucks not having a server for everyone to join, and you need to rely on other friends knowing when your on. There are a few sites deticated to sharing these codes to get as much exposior as possible, but I haven't seen a way for them to track when they are online. Thats really the Key.

But I'm wondering if anyone would ever wanna get together with any of the Nintendo DS games.

I only have Animal Crossing, but I think the rule that you need to know when another is on applys to all.

I would greatly enjoy it, and I'm pretty sure I can trust most of you to not cut down my trees? ^^;.

P.S. I'd reccomend not posting it outloud, but rather sharing it only with the people you want to play with, because they can join you anytime your online, but if you want to take a chance, go ahead.
Hobodoken 12-09-2005 11:09 PM
If I wasn't desperatley trying to make my money last until Lifeguarding starts up again, I would have games to share codes with.

;_;
Jeff 12-14-2005 10:48 PM
Ah! So you finally got around to getting a DS! Well I dont have Animal Crossing yet, I can't seem to find it anywhere....either they're selling out or just havent gotten it in yet. And even if I did, I unfortunately dont have high speed internet....but I could always....go to a mcdonalds hotspot...heh. Right now the only online game I have is Mario Kart, so if you ever want to try that, just let me know. You ever online anymore?
Dork 12-19-2005 08:04 PM
I would love to do this! I just bought my Animal Crossing today. ::coughcough:: I still need the system... hey, I can't find it in pink, don't look at me like that.

Unfortunately since I don't have a wireless router (they are horridly insecure) I'm going to have to buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector. But I'm still a little concerned about security, I may only use it to connect to the computers at school.

I'm dying to play this game. I'm going to try my best to find the DS in pink tomorrow. Fortunately I live in a large town with a lot of game stores so I think my odds are fairly even on this.

edit: Yikes. I just checked amazon.com; they're out of Animal Crossing and the resellers are asking $57 minimum. Half-way wish I hadn't opened my game. But, like I said, I live in a big city, there's still a chance I'll find my pink DS sometime this week.

muchlove
-Dork
dtk91 12-21-2005 10:17 PM
I saw a receipt for one of my christmas presents and it was animal crossing WW. loved the first. I'd definitely do that, i have a router and a fast connection. Oh... and I have a DS.
Schwarzwald 12-22-2005 09:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dork
I would love to do this! I just bought my Animal Crossing today. ::coughcough:: I still need the system... hey, I can't find it in pink, don't look at me like that.
-Dork

They make it in Pink?! I thought it only came in Teal, Blue, and Grey... maybe red with the Mario Kart DS. But I didn't know about Pink.

EDIT: Jeffington!

When I'm online I'm usually playing City of heros and Counter-Strike Source... I'm kind of afraid of going on AIM because I often get IMs from people who hear about me from my sister, when I really wanna get back to playing my games full screen.

But I'll tell ya when I get Mario Kart...I do beleive I will be able to obtain it soon... should be pretty fun..since i can access gameplay without requiring a friendscode to get online.2 teh X-TREME!!!
Jeff 12-22-2005 10:08 PM
I HAVE GOTTEN ANIMAL CROSSING!

Lots of fun so far. And I read in a FAQ that theres new Pirate Themed furniture! SKIES! >_>

So if you wanna try to get on some time just let me know so I can plan when to go to mcdonalds, haha.
Mugiwara Luffy 12-22-2005 10:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff
Pirate Themed furniture!

MUST BUY GAME.

I should have my DS in a few days, and possibly Animal Crossing. If so, I'll be sure to join in the fun with PCF members.
Dude Love 12-22-2005 10:18 PM
Sorry it interrupt, but what is Animal Crossing, anyway?

I'm going to have to buy me one of these new-fangled DS things. I've always enjoyed portable gaming above all else, though I only had at most my old grey gameboy. (The Original!)
Schwarzwald 12-22-2005 10:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dude Love
Sorry it interrupt, but what is Animal Crossing, anyway?

I'm going to have to buy me one of these new-fangled DS things. I've always enjoyed portable gaming above all else, though I only had at most my old grey gameboy. (The Original!)

Heh. Just skip to the bottom if ya don't wanna read all this junk. Wink

Animal Crossing is a groovy new fad.

Its one of the those crazy japanese games that unexpectedly turned out well in the USA.

Its a second life. You go around as yourself, interracting with a randomly generated and evolving town.

Your neighbors move in and out. As the year goes by you participate in the town events and see the seasons change.

You collect as much furnature as possible to fill up your growing house as you pay off debt for enlarging it!

You fish, dig for fossels, do tasks, sell items you don't want, for money to buy more items or pay back debt.

You plant trees and flowers, take out weeds, harvest fruits and pick up trash to make your town as neat and attractive as possible to attract more neighbors.

Its a cute simulation game in an always evolving town. Which you can change quite a few aspects of.

In the online stuff, when neighbors move into a friend's game they will always talk about you, so you can spread your name through the Animal Crossing real-life community. You could visit another persons town and be mean and cut down all thier fruit trees or destroy plants.

Bleh. There are alot of things. Its an interactive, collecting, life-like game. It doesn't ever end. I personally think it is well worth 35 dollars even if you only plan to play it casually. Pleased

EDIT: And Jeff!!! I'll talk to ya when I get back from North Carolina, Don't have a good connection from my house. My neighbors have broadband but they are too far away to get a reliable connection from thier unpassworded router/ Wink
Dork 12-29-2005 01:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Schwarzwald
quote:
Originally posted by Dork
-Dork

They make it in Pink?! I thought it only came in Teal, Blue, and Grey... maybe red with the Mario Kart DS. But I didn't know about Pink.

Yes there was a pink one but evil fanboys bought them all up and sold them for a profit on e-bay. People who do that should be taken out and shot. I am not kidding. That is an evil, malicious thing to do.

Anyone I settled for the red one, you know, the Mario Kart bundle. I had planned on selling the game but I started playing it and it's actually a lot of fun. My cousin used to make me play againist him when he had it on the Nintendo 64. Brings to mind happy memories of kicking his little gamer butt. I love him, but you gotta put annoying cousins in their place.

Animal Crossing is insanely good! I was afraid I wouldn't like it (esspecially since I basically spent $200 to play it) but it's exactly what I wanted. If you love Animal Crossing you've got to get the game guide. There's a complete item list, an events calendar, a complete list of K.K. Slider music requests, and sample patterns if the ole creativity well is running dry. I couldn't help it I did the pichu pattern. Looks pretty good. The guide also gives you a look at the different furniture themes as they would look in a room. Including wallpaper and flooring there's about 8 pieces to the pirate theme.

Yeah, in case you're wondering how to get the pirate furniture you get it from Pascal. He jumps out of the ocean once on a random week day from 6am to 12am, if you listen to his rambling rant he'll give you a piece of pirate furniture before diving into the ocean. I've yet to see him. Could have something to do with the fact I haven't been awake before noon much this month. ::coughcough::

Right now I'm collecting snowman furniture! You have to find the two snowballs in your town, roll them around, then when they get big enough push the smaller snowball on to the bigger one. If you build the snowman perfectly he'll send you a piece of snowman furniture in the mail the next day. You get one chance to build a perfect snowman each day. It's easy to tell if he's perfect because he'll tell you. If you don't build him perfect just restart the game. You'll have to deal with Mr. Resetti, but it's worth it.

muchlove
-Dork
Mugiwara Luffy 12-29-2005 02:15 PM
I've looked practically everywhere and I can't find Animal Crossing for the DS. Sold out. Bleh!

I reeeeeally want that game. And the pirate furniture.
Volt 12-29-2005 04:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Lt. Sanji
I've looked practically everywhere and I can't find Animal Crossing for the DS. Sold out. Bleh!

Same here! I'm really starting to get pissed off. -_- They have Mario Kart DS everywhere in my area, but not a single place has AC. Ah well, at least Dawn of Sorrow will tide me over until I can get it.
Dork 12-29-2005 04:46 PM
I've only seen three live copies total. One at a gamer store, one at Circuit City, and one at Bestbuy. I didn't realize how hot the game was until after I bought it. I'm glad I got it when I did. I live in a big city and it's still a rarity.

Little Q&A for Animal Cross: Wild World people

1.) What's the name of your town?

2.) What's the name of the character you play with the most?

3.)What fruits grow in your town?

4.) What expansion is your house at now? (16x16 or none if you haven't expanded yet)

5.) What version of Nook's do you have? ( Nook's Cranny, Nook n' Go, Nookington's, or Nookway)

6.) List a few of your favorite current residents

7.) Does anyone else play on your cartridge? If so who and how is that working out?

8.) How do you feel about furniture series and which are you most likely going to collect and set up in your home?
-------------------
Schwarzwald 12-30-2005 04:44 PM
I actually had trouble finding Mario Kart DS... so I got Starwars Battlefront 2 and Socom for PSP... I still have some money to get it in the future >.>

Rains

Mertle

Apples

4.) What expansion is your house at now? (16x16 or none if you haven't expanded yet)
Only gotten 1 upgrade.

5.) What version of Nook's do you have? ( Nook's Cranny, Nook n' Go, Nookington's, or Nookway)
Nook n' Go

Kabuki, Baabraa

7.) Does anyone else play on your cartridge? If so who and how is that working out?
My younger sister made a file, but she has only played with the file once.

8.) How do you feel about furniture series and which are you most likely going to collect and set up in your home?
Isn't it all of the gamecube stuff(except for the nes games) and a bit more? I wanna collect all of the intruments and maybe work out a japan set.
Dork 12-30-2005 10:42 PM

Paradigm. Yeah. I know. It was a slow brain day for me. I've regretted it ever since.

Rockabye

apples

Nook just got down with the second expansion.

Nookway

Rosie and Mallary (I can't believe you have Kabuki!!)

Nope

I'm really againist the whole idea of the style police. I'll probably only set up the snowman series in it's own room. I'm five pieces away from having the full set. However I did get Goldie's picture today so that should help my HRA rating. Hahaha
---------------

I got three pieces of pirate furniture! I turned on my DS ran to the beach and there was Pascal! I logged in with two of my alts and nagged the other two pieces.
Dork 12-31-2005 01:52 PM
Just got my friend code. . . in Georgia of all places. I also remembered that one of my neighbors has an unsecured wireless connection.

May the game begin Big Grin

PM me if you want to trade codes.

muchlove
-Dork
Jeff 12-31-2005 07:28 PM
Arcadia....>_>

Jeff...

Cherries

I think im at the third, or is it second? And do any of you guys know how MASSIVE your house can be now? The final upgrade....you get the huge main room, upstairs, a room to the left, the right, and one directly north of the first room. Not sure if they have the basement anymore, but with how much your wardrobes can store now, I guess its okay....supposedly it looks like a mansion from outside...I cant wait.

Nookway, I dont know how I got it so fast...o_o...I didnt even buy much.

Jeremiah, Margie. I really dont like many of them, and im trying to get rid of some.

No

8.) How do you feel about furniture series and which are you most likely going to collect and set up in your home? Pirate Smile

And I just made my character look like Nabeshin from excel saga. They have an afro wig, and I made a quick custom shirt desgin. Its awesome. XD
Dork 12-31-2005 07:42 PM
I suspect the Nook upgrades include morgage bells. I was at Nookway in a little over a week and the only thing I'd really been pouring bells in was my house. It's the only thing that makes sense. Some days I don't even buy anything.

If anyone wants to connect online I can play anytime within the next two hours if you send me your code. I'm not overly chatty. If you visit you can take all the apples you want if you can just buy something from Nook's store for me and perhaps bring some foreign fruit with you. If you want me to visit I'll come with a lot of apples and I'll happily buy something from Nook's for you.

muchlove
-Dork
Dude Love 01-05-2006 10:26 PM
Since I just finished Mario Kart (Yeah, I actually bought the DS), how highly do you all recommend getting Animal Crossing?