2006 Grammy Awards

Travis Bickle 12-09-2005 12:17 AM
The Nominations

quote:

1. Record of the Year: "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," Green Day; "Hollaback Girl," Gwen Stefani

4. New Artist:Fall Out Boy

17. "B.Y.O.B., System of a Down.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure nobody takes the Grammys seriously anymore.
Volt 12-09-2005 12:30 AM
quote:
"Beverly Hills," Rivers Cuomo, (Weezer)

...Yeah. Uh... gonna agree with Scott.
Nine Kuze 12-10-2005 11:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
The Nominations

quote:

1. Record of the Year: "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," Green Day; "Hollaback Girl," Gwen Stefani

4. New Artist:Fall Out Boy

17. "B.Y.O.B., System of a Down.

Yeah...I'm pretty sure nobody takes the Grammys seriously anymore.

What the hell are the... oh yeah! I forgot about those, but its true what you said, Gonzo. It seems like an undisputable fact that no one gives a damn about the Grammys. If I remember correctly, Mariah Carey and Kanye West got eight nominations.

WAY TOO MANY CATEGORIES...

I thought you were kidding about the Gwen Stefani nomination for best record. What a damn shame... at least there's still the Oscars.
Peace.
David Ryder 12-10-2005 11:05 AM
Geez every award show now a days is just "OMFG gr33n day is teh r0x." also gotta agree i really doubt any sane person take this stuff seriously, well one would like to think not.
Gummibear 12-11-2005 03:05 PM
Oh snap?! The Grammys were on already...heh didn't even notice. I'm not a big fan of watching the Grammy awards. There must be at least ten other award shows dedicated to music, such as the VMA's, The MTV European Music Awards, The American Music Awards and honestly by the time the Grammys come on I've pretty heard (and seen) an ear full. Just not interested I guess. The Grammys are no longer 'special'.
Travis Bickle 02-08-2006 09:08 PM
When was Sly Stone such a great person to celebrate? And how is he still alive and able to walk? I thought he died of a PCP/coke overdose a while back.

...and I just lost all respect for Paul McCartney. Why? For performing with Jay-Z and Linkin Park.
Blue Crow 02-08-2006 09:49 PM
i love how all the actual good music gets overlooked every year.

all though, it seems hell froze over and common was actually nominated this year, so perhaps they're getting better?

i mean, "be" is a classic album (although it didn't win Frown ).

-BC
Travis Bickle 02-08-2006 09:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow
all though, it seems hell froze over and common was actually nominated this year, so perhaps they're getting better?

-BC

I've been meaning to listen to that, actually. Thanks for reminding me.

Anyway, you'd never see any good come from the Grammys. I liked Ted Leo's album from 2005, but since it's not popular, it didn't get looked at at all.
Sharpshooter005 02-08-2006 09:58 PM
Once this is over. I want a written contract that I will NEVER hear "gold digger" again.

Not on t.v.

Not in a movie

Not as the ringtone on your cell phone

Not the song, not that...chorus or whatever at the beginning which is totally unintelligable to me.

Never again. Not one note of it. Okay...theres media saturation, and then theres crossing the line. This is getting old.
Blue Crow 02-08-2006 10:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:

-BC

I've been meaning to listen to that, actually. Thanks for reminding me.

Anyway, you'd never see any good come from the Grammys. I liked Ted Leo's album from 2005, but since it's not popular, it didn't get looked at at all.

it's an amazing album. if you enjoy uplifting, smart, clever hip-hop - you'll love it.

i did find out that the arcade fire was nominated for "best alternative album". not that i really care, though. the arcade fire are just a less talented, more critically acclaimed version of wolf parade. Roll Eyes my point was that they're pretty obscure (not unlike ted leo).

p.s. it was also brought to my attention that keane was nominated for "best new artist", which is another odd example of something that's actually good getting nominated (although they too, did not win Frown ).

-BC
Travis Bickle 02-08-2006 10:12 PM
quote:

p.s. it was also brought to my attention that keane was nominated for "best new artist", which is another odd example of something that's actually good getting nominated (although they too, did not win Frown ).

-BC

HAHAHA...no.

Keane sucks as bad as Babyshambles. Nothing really good came out of the UK last year.
Mike 02-08-2006 10:13 PM
I had it on before.....but I really wasn't paying any attention to it.
Blue Crow 02-08-2006 10:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
HAHAHA...no.

Keane sucks as bad as Babyshambles. Nothing really good came out of the UK last year.

oh come on, now you're just being cruel.

keane is talented, and "hopes and fears" is a really solid debut.

i don't think they get as much credit as they deserve, and quite frankly, they make me happy. Pleased

-BC
David Ryder 02-08-2006 10:21 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Once this is over. I want a written contract that I will NEVER hear "gold digger" again.

Not on t.v.

Not in a movie

Not as the ringtone on your cell phone

Not the song, not that...chorus or whatever at the beginning which is totally unintelligable to me.

Never again. Not one note of it. Okay...theres media saturation, and then theres crossing the line. This is getting old.

I second that. also Kanye can just die,typical rap crap "Gold Digger, yeah yeah son." also Gwen stefani got a nomination for album of the year? that's a out there all right.
Nine Kuze 02-09-2006 02:04 PM
I was flipping through the channels when Lost was on commercial and I (unfortunately) stumbled upon the 2006 Grammys. The first thing I saw was Ben Rosethekdhfgevgfeberger (Roethlisberger) introducing Kelly Clarkston to perform. After this obvious attempt on my life, I went safely back to Lost.

Yeah, I didn't really watch the Grammys and does anybody know (or give a damn) on who won?

Gotta agree with Cerpin Taxt and Blue Crow about Be. It's the best hip-hop album this year, better than Late Registration. I know that's for sure.
Peace.
StevieV019 02-10-2006 08:45 AM
Somebody help me out here...

I watched the Grammy's but am confused about something...

Record of the Year was Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Album of the Year was U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (sic)

Song of the Year was U2's Sometimes (...)

What Im confused about is this: Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams is a song, as is U2's Sometimes...

My question, whats the difference/point of "Record of the Year" (which is a song...) and "Song of the Year" (which, is also a song...)?

Can someone explain??
Volt 02-10-2006 01:15 PM
I'm more confused about how Boulevard of Broken Dreams was considered to have come from 2005... and how it won.
Nine Kuze 02-10-2006 01:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
My question, whats the difference/point of "Record of the Year" (which is a song...) and "Song of the Year" (which, is also a song...)?

Can someone explain??

Yeah, I saw that two and the nominees and winners were boths actual songs and I got confused as well. Sorry, Stevie but just as confused man.

But to be honest, I'm MORE confused on what the hell Teri Hatcher was doing there. Seriously, WTF? Don't get me wrong though, I like how her little number didn't leave much to the imagination (if you know what I mean) but still, what was she doing there?
Peace.
Mugiwara Luffy 02-10-2006 03:49 PM
No. Of all the Green Day songs on that album, that is the worst. I hate it. I hate it, I hate it.

The Grammys suck. And I can't answer that question either Steve.
Sharpshooter005 02-10-2006 09:09 PM
Speaking of Kanye West

quote:
"I changed the sound of music more than one time... For all those reasons, I'd be a part of the Bible. I'm definitely in the history books already."

"Duteronomy 9:14. I do not assert she is a gold digger, but I have never beheld her consorting with the impoverished"

quote:
He says, "I bring up historical subjects in a way that makes kids want to learn about them. I'm an inspirational speaker.

His next album will feature a duet with his own ego, which has actually manifested itself as a seperate entity by this point.