2006 Grammy Awards

David Ryder 02-10-2006 11:47 PM
Damn I knew Mr. West had a massive ego but I guess it's bigger than I thought lol. A revised edition of the Bible to include him? lol holy hell he's crazy. Surprised he didn't say anything about white people being the Devil or causing certain hurricanes that pwned a certain city....ha ha I'm the joke man.

quote:
His next album will feature a duet with his own ego, which has actually manifested itself as a seperate entity by this point.


Many thanks Sharp, that was the Funniest thing I've heard in ages. Also my new sig. lol

oh and Kanye sucks anyways, typical rapper.
Travis Bickle 02-11-2006 01:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Speaking of Kanye West

quote:
"I changed the sound of music more than one time... For all those reasons, I'd be a part of the Bible. I'm definitely in the history books already."


"Duteronomy 9:14. I do not assert she is a gold digger, but I have never beheld her consorting with the impoverished"

quote:
He says, "I bring up historical subjects in a way that makes kids want to learn about them. I'm an inspirational speaker.


His next album will feature a duet with his own ego, which has actually manifested itself as a seperate entity by this point.


I'm willing to aid my people (the Jews) in killing yet another biblical figure.
Sharpshooter005 02-11-2006 10:48 AM
quote:
Surprised he didn't say anything about white people being the Devil or causing certain hurricanes that pwned a certain city


Pontius Pilate dosen't care about black people.
David Ryder 02-11-2006 11:43 AM
quote:
Pontius Pilate dosen't care about black people.


lol, I think they should add a "best internet Comedian" category because sharp you would have my vote.
spiked-knives 02-11-2006 02:07 PM
SOOO did i read right? Did Slipknot really win the best metal song of the year!?!?!?? WTF! Why was Opeth Disregarded for a nu-metal band?!?!? this is Blasphemy
Nine Kuze 02-11-2006 05:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
oh and Kanye sucks anyways, typical rapper.


Man, your harsh. Kanye may have an ego that's big enough to have it's own zip code, but still he's pretty good...

... Then I saw that you put down "typical RAPPER" and I have to agree to a degree. Yeah, Kanye, stick to beat making brother. I think that Time cover piece messed with his mind (more than it already was in the first place).

quote:
His next album will feature a duet with his own ego, which has actually manifested itself as a seperate entity by this point.


Actually, if this were to happen, it would be worst than both Late Registration and The College Dropout. Because for some reason, Kanye thinks he can rap like Jay-Z (which he can't to save his life) and that's way L.R. wasn't as good as T.C.D. But hell, can you imagine all the misunderstood words between the two in that album?

quote:
Pontius Pilate dosen't care about black people.


That is one of the best posts, Sharpie. And its all true too. Give my regards to Alexander the Great. Hater.
Peace.
Travis Bickle 02-12-2006 01:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by spiked-knives
SOOO did i read right? Did Slipknot really win the best metal song of the year!?!?!?? WTF! Why was Opeth Disregarded for a nu-metal band?!?!? this is Blasphemy


Opeth sucks, dude.

So does Slipknot, for the record. Though I'm somewhat fond of a couple of tracks off of "The Subliminal Verses" cd, for some inane reason.
David Ryder 02-12-2006 03:18 AM
quote:
Man, your harsh.


Indeed call me "Gaddes Supa hater" Tongue
Sharpshooter005 02-12-2006 03:28 PM
quote:
"Gaddes Supa hater"


spiked-knives 02-14-2006 05:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by spiked-knives
SOOO did i read right? Did Slipknot really win the best metal song of the year!?!?!?? WTF! Why was Opeth Disregarded for a nu-metal band?!?!? this is Blasphemy


Opeth sucks, dude.

So does Slipknot, for the record. Though I'm somewhat fond of a couple of tracks off of "The Subliminal Verses" cd, for some inane reason.




hah! a semi slipknot fan telling me what sucks, amusing. someone actually chose Nu-metal over black metal. well yay for your mallcore dreamboats with lame masks
Travis Bickle 02-14-2006 05:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by spiked-knives
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
quote:
Originally posted by spiked-knives
SOOO did i read right? Did Slipknot really win the best metal song of the year!?!?!?? WTF! Why was Opeth Disregarded for a nu-metal band?!?!? this is Blasphemy


Opeth sucks, dude.

So does Slipknot, for the record. Though I'm somewhat fond of a couple of tracks off of "The Subliminal Verses" cd, for some inane reason.




hah! a semi slipknot fan telling me what sucks, amusing. someone actually chose Nu-metal over black metal. well yay for your mallcore dreamboats with lame masks


Just because I like a song or two doesn't make me a Slipknot fan. In fact, I hate the entire band and all their fans. They sell lightswitch covers with their name on it, for crying out loud.

And black metal is f***ing awesome. Especially Mayhem. Not for the music, but for the murders and such.

Nu-metal sucks. However, "The Blister Exists" is pretty decent. That's...pretty much the only thing I can think of that's actually good on that album. But you can thank Rick Rubin for that, since he pretty much helped them write everything on that album.

And the percussion is f***ing tight. Always has been. That's the only good thing about them. Otherwise, the only thing that seperates them from, say, Avenged Sevenfold (one of the worst bands in the world next to Dashboard), are a few more dudes and masks.
Blue Crow 02-14-2006 07:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
And black metal is f***ing awesome. Especially Mayhem. Not for the music, but for the murders and such.


there's pretty much nothing more metal than a band who cook and eat parts of their dead bandmates just for the hell of it.

except maybe.......devouring an actual human soul. however, as far as i know that hasn't happened yet.

-BC
Travis Bickle 02-14-2006 07:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Crow
quote:
Originally posted by Cerpin Taxt
And black metal is f***ing awesome. Especially Mayhem. Not for the music, but for the murders and such.


there's pretty much nothing more metal than a band who cook and eat parts of their dead bandmates just for the hell of it.


Dimmu Borgir came in a close second when they beheaded a goat on stage, threw the head into the crowd, and gave some guy a concussion. The reason the guy didn't sue them was because he thought it was awesome.

Yeah, black metal rules.
Sharpshooter005 02-14-2006 08:20 PM
quote:
They sell lightswitch covers with their name on it, for crying out loud.


I don't really like anything about slipknot, except this.

Selling a t-shirt is easy. I don't think I've ever HEARD of a band or musician marketing lightswitch covers.
Travis Bickle 02-14-2006 09:06 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:
They sell lightswitch covers with their name on it, for crying out loud.


I don't really like anything about slipknot, except this.

Selling a t-shirt is easy. I don't think I've ever HEARD of a band or musician marketing lightswitch covers.


The also had a licence plate cover that read "WE WON'T DIE!". Whoever bought that doesn't deserve to live.

The Mars Volta also did something relatively dumb yet funny. They sold their own labeled rolling papers on their site. They sold out in 3 days.
Fujiko 02-15-2006 06:22 AM
So...what happened to Trapped in the Closet?
David Ryder 03-26-2006 11:38 AM
some what old topic I know. But yeah what ever happened to In the closet? it win anything?

quote:
someone actually chose Nu-metal over black metal.


Opeth is black metal, Since when? There considered progressive death metal. Their first two albums had black metal style shrieking vocals.
Sharpshooter005 03-26-2006 11:52 AM
quote:
"WE WON'T DIE!




OH SNAP.

quote:
what happened to Trapped in the Closet?


It's being retooled into a Hercule Poirot T.V. miniseries which will be shown on PBS.

And if it isn't, It should be.

quote:
Opeth is black metal, Since when?


Is it wrong that I initially read this as "Oprah is black metal, since when?"
Nine Kuze 03-27-2006 01:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Is it wrong that I initially read this as "Oprah is black metal, since when?"

No, it isn't Sharpie. Because I almost did the same thing. That would be one helluva an episode though.
Peace.
spiked-knives 03-31-2006 02:28 AM
[/quote]Otherwise, the only thing that seperates them from, say, Avenged Sevenfold (one of the worst bands in the world next to Dashboard), are a few more dudes and masks.[/quote]


so there are 4-5 people in the band who actually play instruments.....what do the other guys do then?