Valkyrie Profile 2/Discussion/ect.

David Ryder 12-07-2005 08:14 PM
"Square Enix and Tri-Ace announced a new PS2 RPG named Valkyrie Profile Silmeria, the sequel to the classic PSone RPG Valkyrie Profile from 1999; the game will be released in 2006."

"The PlayStation 2-based game which will take place several hundred years before the events of the original game, will carry the title Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria.Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria will be available in Japan sometime in 2006."

About time, I must say. Also anyone else a VP fan? I hope I'm not the only one.

Edit: Feel free to discuss what you want to see and which charecter's you would like to see again. Also feel free to talk about your fave. VP1 moments and what not.

Edit2: Found a tiny bit of story info.
X Prime 12-07-2005 08:18 PM
Lezard Valeth had better be in it. With his absolutely godlike VP1 English voice.

OR ELSE THERE WILL BE... TROUBLE.

There is no way on God's green Earth they could find a more fitting voice. It's just impossible. It would be a sin to have it changed. A SIN.
David Ryder 12-07-2005 08:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Lezard Valeth had better be in it. With his absolutely godlike VP1 English voice.

OR ELSE THERE WILL BE... TROUBLE.

There is no way on God's green Earth they could find a more fitting voice. It's just impossible. It would be a sin to have it changed. A SIN.

Much agreed. Getting the original english cast back is a must. Everyone was just perfect. Ok now I remember Lezard was done by Addie Blaustein....SE there will be hell to pay if you pull a SC3 and recast the voices. Another awesome voice was Eric Stwert as Lucian.

I'll also update this topic whenever new info is released.
StevieV019 12-08-2005 04:18 PM
awesome...purely awesome!!

VP = very underrated and unknown game...
Haibara 12-08-2005 05:54 PM
I won't even call it underrated by any stretch of imagination. There is a reason why that game fetches so many high prices in Ebay since 2002. It is a sleeper hit and an awesome game that remained hidden at that, but not necessarily underrated in comparison to other games like Ogre Battle or Heroine Anthem. Hell. OB alone got a lower print than any of the copies of VP could measure up to. You got less chances of finding a boxed Terranigma. You want underrated and unknown? Whenever you come across to the likes of Khamria or Brave Prove. Then we can talk. I could come up with games that fared much worse than VP both in the US and Japan just as I could come up with games that get zero recognition and thus no English translation over poor sales in Japan. I'm not trying to brag or anything since VP alone is my second favorite PSX game but I would say that such harping of unknown and underrated is very unfitting when there are games that could give that title a run for its money in all sort of category. Makes you wonder...
David Ryder 12-09-2005 03:16 AM
I have quick question. I've played threw the like close to 10 times, and still haven't fought the Giant Lord (for Surt's voice collection). does it depend on which ending you get? I've gotten the best ending several times and still haven't fought him.
X Prime 12-09-2005 05:42 AM
He's a rare encounter in the Seraphic Gate.

You don't even need his clips to get the entire Voice Collection... Everything the Einherjar say will do plus some misc boss comments.
David Ryder 12-09-2005 06:25 AM
quote:
He's a rare encounter in the Seraphic Gate.

You don't even need his clips to get the entire Voice Collection... Everything the Einherjar say will do plus some misc boss comments.

ah Right o. Have to play threw it again and see if I can fight him just for kicks.
X Prime 12-09-2005 06:27 AM
On that note, you slightly butchered the quote. shouldn't = should not, and undead = dead.

I oughta know, I memorized entire passages of Lezard's better quotes. Because when he has a good line, it is a DAMN good line.
David Ryder 12-09-2005 06:41 AM
quote:
On that note, you slightly butchered the quote. shouldn't = should not, and undead = dead.

I oughta know, I memorized entire passages of Lezard's better quotes. Because when he has a good line, it is a DAMN good line.

Ah, I firgured I did. Anywho fixed it and your right Lezards got some, if not the best lines if the whole game. Also, freakin Tric-ace making VPII take place several hundred years before the first one. They best come up with someone somewhat cool if Lezard isn't in it.
X Prime 12-09-2005 06:44 AM
They can cheat and create a Corridor of Time, similar to how they had Lezard appear in Radiata Stories via the Corridor of Distortion.

I mean, the rat bastard probably figured out time travel if three weakass wizards of that one town Barbarossa ruled could.

EDIT: Or they can just have his current form be a reincarnation, and thus show what he was like in a past life. That stuff is pretty big in VP.

Hell, the mad Lezard could possibly even kill his old self and use Soul Fusion on it to make himself even more powerful. See what he pulled to revive Valkyrie.
David Ryder 12-09-2005 08:07 AM
aye, not to mention those runes he had in his tower. Also I think he could shift his tower between dimensions or something to that effect. Since it's taking place a few hundred years before the first one perhaps you might be able to have charecters from Daipan or even Amenti join you.
David Ryder 12-14-2005 08:40 AM
Found a few new pics of VP2. Looks freakin awesome, also the battle system is the same just 3-D.

David Ryder 12-27-2005 06:53 AM
Here's a few new pic of VP2.

David Ryder 02-06-2006 02:43 AM
Sorry about such a late update but hard finding new info on the game.

Also the spellcaster in the back looks like Lezard IMO. Sure hope it's him.
X Prime 02-06-2006 05:32 AM
He has no glasses.

THE ALL POWERFUL LEZARD VALETH IS NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT THE GLASSES!

My avatar is proof... Just try to keep the badassery without the glasses. It can't be done.
David Ryder 02-06-2006 08:18 AM
Right O. Did not notice that. I'll still keep my eyes out for some new goodies.
David Ryder 03-03-2006 12:04 AM
And behold, the mighty Lezard has returned!

X Prime 03-03-2006 03:37 AM
Nice.

Very nice.

Though I liked his VP1 head better.
David Ryder 03-08-2006 01:12 AM
Well in VP2 news SE has trademarks for both the remake of the original for PSP and for Silmeria. Also here's a screen shot with two new charecters. A sword wielder with red armor and a ranged or magic user with western looking clothing on. I'll try my best to keep everyone up to date.

Charecter's thus far:
Alicia (Lenneth's Sister)
Dylan (Tall swordsman with dark skin)
Rufus (Archer)
Lezard (from the original and total bad ass)
Arngrim (also from the original)

Unknown charecters:
Swordwielder: wears red armor. Lucian?
Ranged/Magic user: wear's western style clothes. Must be a new charecter.
Woman with black hair: she's not on screen, however she must be a new charecter.