Valkyrie Profile 2/Discussion/ect.

David Ryder 03-13-2006 04:17 AM
Here's a few new screens. Enjoy.

David Ryder 03-20-2006 05:16 PM
Well whilst I was scoping out some VP 2 screen I noticed this one....check out the charecter portrait next to the Triangle button....looks like Arngrim....infact, I'm pretty sure that's who that is.

David Ryder 03-27-2006 05:34 AM
I came across a rather nice website that has all the know charecters. This list is pretty much up to date from there. if ya want I can post the website.

Alicia (Lennth's sister, however weakest of all the three valkyrie's)
Rufus (Archer)
Lezard (From the original)
Dylan (Swordsman)
Arngrim (Also from the original)
Mitra (Magic user or Archer with western clothing)
Lylia (Another Magic user)
Leone (A treasure hunter, she has been mistaken for Hrist)
Celes (A woman with a rather large sword)

Unknows
Swordsman with red armor
Swordswoman with silver armor
David Ryder 03-29-2006 05:54 PM
A nice screen with Leone and Arngrim.

"There is a new system called Object Reading, you can pick up item and read memories of the item's past owners. Another new element is Materialize, you can materialize the soul of a past warrior, by obtaining an item the warrior used in the past." From the Magicbox
David Ryder 05-01-2006 03:52 AM
Here's some more screens from VP 2. Also finally some decent screens on Arngim. Also it looks like when you face off against enemys, it's done on the same screen and you no longer get the "going into a fight" screen, or atleast so it seems. And SE had best get the original cast back....and so help me god if they pull the "lets hire UK voice actors, because as we all know, they fit the fantasy theme" stunt again, I'm gonna be pretty pissed.

David Ryder 06-09-2006 05:29 AM
Well, this is sad indeed, Square Enix DID NOT hire the same voice actors. The voice acting in the VP remake and the second one is done by New Gen Pictures, famous for their dubs of Hellsing and many others, so I guess it might turn out ok, but it's sad they didn't attempt to hire the older TAJ cast. Oh well.
X Prime 06-09-2006 01:29 PM
BLASPHEMY AND SIN!!

If they touch Lezard, they should be burned to the ground.

Or for that matter about 1/3rd the cast... bastards.
David Ryder 06-09-2006 05:49 PM
Well I will most certainly post a voice cast, if I can find some info on it. Although I have this feeling that Lezard is going to end up being voiced by Crispen Freeman or Steven Blum, while both are great VA's, they just don't fit Addie Blaustein did.
David Ryder 07-21-2006 07:17 AM
Well I know this will be good news for many. The new voices only apply to the new CGI cut scenes they added. The old voices and battle quotes have been retained in the story events and other things such as that. So one has to wonder the logic behind SE hiring New Gen only to do a few new scenes. However they will be doing the voices in the second one. And why do I have this feeling that Crispen Freeman is doing lezards voice?
David Ryder 10-03-2006 08:10 AM
Silmeria:Jennifer Sekiguchi
Lezard: Liam O'Brian
Alicia: Michelle Ruff
Dylan: Patrick Seitz
Leone, Hrist: Tara Platt
Walther: Michael McConnohie
Barbarossa: Stephen Martello

I will update this when I can find more VA info.
X Prime 10-03-2006 08:17 AM
...The game's out. Go play it.
David Ryder 10-03-2006 08:23 AM
quote:
...The game's out. Go play it.

Haha, Indeed. Although moneys a bit tight for me at the moment. So What do you think about it X? As good as the first or would say it's better?