Sonic Next-gen

Jonny Axehandle 12-07-2005 04:55 PM
http://www.jonnys-place.com/?z=Index&id=56

This game looks freaking awesome. From what I've heard it will "re-invent" Sonic and be avalible on 360 and PS3. Right now I'm anticipating it 10X more than I was Sonic Heroes.
Kairi 12-07-2005 04:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jonny Axehandle
http://www.jonnys-place.com/?z=Index&id=56

This game looks freaking awesome. From what I've heard it will "re-invent" Sonic and be avalible on 360 and PS3. Right now I'm anticipating it 10X more than I was Sonic Heroes.

Is it 2-D? Then forget it.
Travis Bickle 12-07-2005 05:10 PM
OLD NEWS

Sonic Heroes sucked. Shadow swallowed.

Hopefully this will make up for it. Supposedly (according to E3 reports from May), it's a reinvented remake of the original.
David Ryder 12-07-2005 05:57 PM
well here's hoping the it turns out good as the recent group of sonic games have been a let down.
Inigo Montoya 12-07-2005 06:13 PM
That does sound like a cool plan. Though I don't understand everyone's issues with the last few Sonic games. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 were both immensely fun, Sonic Heroes had some great moments and was entertaining, and though I haven't played Shadow yet, I tend to play something before I judge it. I have a very low opinion of most reviewers, except X-Play on G4 TechTV.

Now where's KNUCKLES' SOLO GAME?!
Mike 12-07-2005 06:16 PM
Yay.

I remember that there was a hidden, 3d version of Green Hill Zone in SA2. Never got all the badges to see it, though.

Sonic Heroes seemed to have a lot of positive press before it came out. I never played it though...so I guess since everyone says it sucked, it probably sucked.
Inigo Montoya 12-07-2005 06:46 PM
I never said it sucked. That means not everybody said it sucked, unless you're implying I'm a nobody.

But I wish I could earn the badges to play 3d Green Hill Zone, too. . .
Travis Bickle 12-07-2005 06:58 PM
I think I'm probably the only person that took care of his Chao well enough to get all of the Emblems. Which makes me sad, and also brings my past into perspective.
Lupin IV 12-11-2005 11:02 PM
I hope this is like the next Sonic Adventure. I was addicted to that game like a gowumpki.
Hanyou 12-16-2005 03:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hyper Metal
I never said it sucked. That means not everybody said it sucked, unless you're implying I'm a nobody.

But I wish I could earn the badges to play 3d Green Hill Zone, too. . .

Sonic Heroes had a good first couple levels. In fact, the first two levels were everything I ever wanted from Adventure.

It gets a bad rap, though. It's not a horrible game, it's just not particularly exceptional.

The Sonic Adventure games kicked ass. I wish they had expanded on the Adventure Field idea of the first SA, maybe added enemies and larger areas to spice things up.

Seriously, I know I could make the perfect 3-D Sonic game. Too bad I don't have the credentials.

But anyway, this next one looks alright, though I'd prefer to remember the original Sonic the Hedgehog as...well, the original.
corrupt 12-16-2005 04:53 PM
looks alright, not my kinda game though