Episode 38 Discussion: "With the River's Flow"

Shredder 12-03-2005 10:44 PM
Sorry about the late discussion thread. We return to the ongoing storyline with this ep. Enjoy!
Hobodoken 12-04-2005 02:14 AM
Good episode.

The return of... that... chimera chic... was unexpected. It appears that the stone-chimera from Greed's company survived... or someone who looks like him at any rate. I hadn't noticed that Sloth looked like Ed and Al's mom. Creepy.
Sephiroth 12-04-2005 11:38 AM
That was a pretty entertaining episode. I was glad to see Martel again, mainly since I am a massive fan of everythign associated with Greed. The Winry/Chezka sup-plot regarding Hughes' death was pretty interesting. I loved Chezka's theory that Sloth was actually an alien. When you think about it, it could work. It was interesting to learn a litle bit more about the conspiracy regarding Juliet Douglas and Ishbaal as well. This was not the most exciting episode, but it was pretty entertaining all around.

quote:
Originally posted by Hobodoken
Good episode.

The return of... that... chimera chic... was unexpected. It appears that the stone-chimera from Greed's company survived... or someone who looks like him at any rate. I hadn't noticed that Sloth looked like Ed and Al's mom. Creepy.

I hate to break it to you, but none of the Chimeras, besides Martel, survived the battle at the Devil's Nest. It's sad, I know.
Volt 12-04-2005 01:49 PM
I hate to say it, but I think this was the stupidest episode yet. Nothing happened. Ed and Al got in a retarded fight, and Winry and Sheska (sp) got chased by Sloth as a glob of water with a face. Whoopy-friggin'-doo. Not to mention that the scene where Sheska was talking about Sloth with Winry has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Ever. And stop whining about Hughes already. He wasn't that great.
Anyway, the next episode looks alright.
evanASF27 12-04-2005 09:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
I hate to say it, but I think this was the stupidest episode yet. Nothing happened. Ed and Al got in a retarded fight, and Winry and Sheska (sp) got chased by Sloth as a glob of water with a face. Whoopy-friggin'-doo. Not to mention that the scene where Sheska was talking about Sloth with Winry has to be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Ever. And stop whining about Hughes already. He wasn't that great.
Anyway, the next episode looks alright.

Well it wasn't the absolutely best episode ever...but we did finally get to see Al express himself enough to take control and leave. It's one of those rare moments that we get to see another side of Alphonse. I thought it was a pretty good bit of development for Al...though the rest of the episode was sorta lame.

Cheska rulez...but in this episode she (and Winry) were just subpar Frown Though I did like how they FINALLY realized Sloth looked like Ed's mother.

...though seriously, the greatness of Havok was sorely missing here Tongue
Shredder 12-04-2005 11:19 PM
If you didn't think enough happened this time, the next episode is better.
Nine Kuze 12-05-2005 09:19 AM
The episode wasn't that bad I thought. It was cool to see Ed and Al get in a fight and to see the history of them fighting. Al hasn't really changed on the inside, huh?

The whole Winry/Sheska/Hughes/Douglas/Sloth thing was kind of weak and its about damn time someone realized that Sloth looked like Ed and Al's mother, Trisha. I wonder why... and the whole bit with Sheska's paranoia theory about Juliet Douglas being an alien with Winry was stupin but kind of funny in a way. And her theory is kind of true to a certain degree, when you really think about it.

Martel came back and it was interesting to see her and Al talk about revenge. And at the end, Al said that him and Ed fought for who was going to marry Winry. Wonder who won that one? Big Grin
Peace.
David Ryder 12-05-2005 09:31 PM
eh. Ok episode I suppose. Ed and Al got into a fight(when don't they), people are still going on about hughes biting it? he wasn't the most interesting charecter. Well I've seen this DVD's worth of episodes,the next one is better.
MercZ 12-07-2005 09:39 PM
I had mixed feelings about this episode. I kind of felt that parts of the episode did little to advance the story, but I guess they provide some background on the boys. We got to see Sloth's power in full action, although I think there was another example of that when she captured that boy (Dang, forgot his name already...). I hope the next episode gives some more information and some action.