Capote

Nine Kuze 12-03-2005 11:09 AM
Hey, has anybody seen this film, 'Capote'?

I didn't attend to, as I wanted to check out 'Walk The Line'... but then that was sold out and then I wanted to check out 'Jarhead'... but that was sold out as well and I ended deciding to watch 'Capote'.

The film is a biopic about American writer Truman Capote who ventures to a small western Kansas town to investigate about the murders for a family by two killers, and he writes a book about this called 'In Cold Blood'.

Basically, it's one of the best films in 2005. It maybe not look like it at first because it is rather slow and as a intellegent theme and feel to it but Phillip Seymour Hoffman does his thing in this movie and it's a must see movie and I recommend it.

Here's a review of the movie from MSN.
Peace.
Travis Bickle 12-03-2005 11:23 AM
It was nice. Not thrilling, but nice.
Instro 01-09-2006 07:49 PM
To everyone: Run, don't walk, to see "Capote." Since you're a Big O fan, you'll be able to appreciate such a deep, literate and intriguing story.

The best reason to see Capote is to see actor Philip Seymour Hoffman in his greatest role to date. Hoffman grew up in these parts (Rochester, NY) and has been quite the favorite son around here for some time.
Sharpshooter005 01-09-2006 08:00 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about this movie, apparently Hoffman really nails Capote in mannerisms and speech and whatnot.

Unfortunately it's not playing anywhere near me to my knowledge, so this is on my list of "definate rentals".

Furthermore I've seen enough moviers where Philip Seymour Hoffman is in a supporting role that I can't help but wonder how he does as a main character (or the main character even)
Nine Kuze 01-11-2006 10:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
I've heard nothing but good things about this movie, apparently Hoffman really nails Capote in mannerisms and speech and whatnot.

Unfortunately it's not playing anywhere near me to my knowledge, so this is on my list of "definate rentals".

Furthermore I've seen enough moviers where Philip Seymour Hoffman is in a supporting role that I can't help but wonder how he does as a main character (or the main character even)

Yeah, he gets the high pitched voice of Capote's down pretty well and his other mannerisms like the way he holds his body when he smokes and drinks is pretty good as well. Actually, Hoffman got the Best Actor award for Capote from the Critics Choice Awards recently.
Peace.