:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two For Best Supporting Female Character! ::

Nine Kuze 12-02-2005 02:40 PM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Supporting Female Character is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the best character in a supporting role of the female gender. The award is presented to the winner, the female character. The character and the anime series they are present in are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: Angel Rosewater - The Big O (voiced by Emi Shinohara, Wendee Lee)
  • Haruko Harauaka - FLCL
  • Kikyo - InuYasha
  • Sango - InuYasha

2006: Faye Valentine - Cowboy Bebop (voiced by Megumi Hayashibara, Wendee Lee)
  • Rei Ayanuami - Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Asuka Langley Soryu - Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Meryl Stryfe - Trigun
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:30 PM
I can probably take a safe guess and say that most of you said "WTF?! Why are Sango and Kikyo here?" But damn it, I think they deserved it. I'm probably the only one but still... Meanwhile, Feye Valentine has just threatned me by putting a gun in my face. I was going to vote for Haruko but I opted for Angel instead, since I already snubbed Roger and Dorothy.

Nine XXVI's Picks: Angel, Sango
Peace.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 11:30 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Supporting Female Character and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Supporting Female Character category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Supporting Female Character Presenter: Trisa

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: Rei Ayanuami - Neon Genesis Evangelion
The shy, pale, and striking pilot of Evangelion Unit-00, Rei Ayanuami was distant from the world, expect for NERV Commander Gendou Ikari who she followed with blind devotion. After she met his son, Shinji Ikari, Rei began not only developing feelings for him but also started to question her own existence where she learned she met not be what she seems at all.

:: Asuka Langley Soryu - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Emerging from a tragic childhood, Asuka become the independent, spirited, and fiery pilot of Evangelion Unit-02. Although she expressed a wild schoolgirl crush for Ryuho Kaji, she may have been hiding her true feelings of love for another. After being "psychologically tormented" by one of the Angels and seeing that Shinji Ikari was "the better pilot", Asuka reached a degressive state only to come out of it and have one last fight with the mass-produced Evas.

:: Meryl Stryfe - Trigun
With her partner Millie Thompson, Meryl Stryfe is sent by her bosses from the Bernardelli Insurance Agency to follow the wanted fugitive, Vash the Stampede, and to minimize the amount of damage that seems to follow him as best as they can. Althought at first meeting him, she was very skeptial to believe that Vash was actually "The Human Typhoon". In time, not only did she accepted that he was indeed Vash the Stampede, she has also developed feelings for him as well.

:: Faye Valentine - Cowboy Bebop
After being held in suspended animation after the great Gate Crash that deveasted the Earth, Faye Valentine awoke in the year of 2071 with a loss of memories and later on become a bounty hunter on the Bebop with her partners, Spike Spiegel and Jet Black. Although she eventually regained her memories, her past meant nothing to her. With an unbelieveable amount of debt over her head, Faye has shown to have the most avarice of the crew and will go to great lengths, often getting herself in deadly situations, to obtain her bounty.

Peace.
Mr. Fortnight 08-31-2006 01:23 PM
An where is Nancy Makuhari aka Miss Deep in all this? Hmm?
Scourge 08-31-2006 09:46 PM
You can't have every supporting female from any show... but I wish more of these polls had non-Adult Swim Anime.
Nine Kuze 09-05-2006 01:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
...but I wish more of these polls had non-Adult Swim Anime.

Personally, I don't care where the anime is being aired... as along as its being aired period. Its just that [adult swim] aires a lot of the anime that gets the most exposure to the general public that watches anime so that's why most of these shows aren't "non-adult swim" anime.

Also, thanks to some of the members here such as D, Trisa, and Ace, I've gotten a lot of nominations for those type of anime you said before and I'm looking to get them next time.

But, and no offense as I don't want to scare off a member from voting, it certainly doesn't help to just complain and offer no input to help with the nomination process beforehand whatsoever. It doesn't help in making the AAA better down the line is what I'm saying.

Also Ensign, you can nominate Miss Deep for the next AAA for Best Supporting Female so keep that in mind. Smile
Peace.
Nine Kuze 09-11-2006 11:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Raven
Trigun makes me sick when I watch it... the annoying female sidekicks...

Meryl Stryfe is not annoying.

Millie Thompson on the other hand is another story... especially when she gets plastered.

Also gave it up to Faye. I kind of see it as a redemption move on my part, seeing how she got snubbed from a nomination last year.

EDIT:
quote:
Originally posted by Dominus of Requiem
even though i should had voted for asuka faye is way sexier
soo my vote for her

As messed up as that sounds, and it really does, you know get to vote for two nominees right?
Peace.
Dominus of Requiem 09-11-2006 02:22 PM
even though i should had voted for asuka faye is way sexier
soo my vote for her
Raven 09-11-2006 05:14 PM
I voted for Rei, though I am shocked to see her in last place. Rei was a character you could really feel for, and her mystery kept my interest from one episode to the next.

Other than Rei, Faye pwns the rest of the girls on the poll.
Nine Kuze 09-11-2006 05:35 PM
quote:
I voted for Rei, though I am shocked to see her in last place. Rei was a character you could really feel for, and her mystery kept my interest from one episode to the next.

Other than Rei, Faye pwns the rest of the girls on the poll.

Actually to be honest Raven, that surprised me as well. Since you know, the Internets has a huge, strange, and very distrubing crush on her.

Also I agree with Rei's aura of mystery which was rather cool. But I stayed away from the Eva girls because...

...IT'S RAPPPPING MY MIIIIND!!!! Laughing
Peace.
Raven 09-11-2006 05:47 PM
A lot of Rei's following is a bunch over middle aged otakus who want a 14 year old girl who they think would submit to their every will. More of them need to see the movie where she tosses Genji aside after having had enough of his using her to fulfill his own goals. I cheered for her during that moment.

The mind rape thing really doesn't bother me though since it happened to Asuka. That was a very annoying segment.
Nine Kuze 09-11-2006 05:54 PM
quote:
The mind rape thing really doesn't bother me though since it happened to Asuka. That was a very annoying segment.

Or a very hilarious segment. But I guess it depends on who you ask. Smile

quote:
A lot of Rei's following is a bunch over middle aged otakus who want a 14 year old girl who they think would submit to their every will. More of them need to see the movie where she tosses Genji aside after having had enough of his using her to fulfill his own goals. I cheered for her during that moment.

Oh. Okay, that makes a lot of sense... They should know that its always the quiet ones to watch out for.
Peace.