:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two For Best Action Series! ::

Nine Kuze 12-02-2005 02:36 PM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Action Series is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the best anime series that is specified to the action genre. The award is presented to the winner, the producer of the winning action series. The producer and the anime series produced are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: Cowboy Bebop - Kazuhiko Ikeguchi, Masahiko Minami
  • FullMetal Alchemist
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • RahXephon

2006: FullMetal Alchemist - Hiro Maruyama, Masahiko Minami, Ryo Oyama
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Trigun
Ammaranth 12-07-2005 12:07 AM
Wow, talk about an underappreciated group of threads. My vote goes for Bebob. Some of the first episodes I ever saw were the last ones -- kind of threw the series off for me in a way -- but the action in the later episodes is really well done. It doesn't look cartoonish at all, but actually captures a very realistic and violent feel, which I think is better than the sugar coated action scenes we get so much of from hollywood. Violence should look kind of ugly, not so nice and appealing. Maybe then we'd have less cases of kids shooting each other and then realizing AFTERWARDS how horrible it is when somebody's guts are on the pavement.

Vermillion
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 12:46 PM
Since I gave Cowboy Bebop the vote for Best Series, it would be pretty weird if I didn't vote it for Best Action as well. And right now, I'm in FullMetal mode and damn it, I like it. (Check out the avatar and sig, kid!) I haven't finished with Evangelion and I've only seen about three episodes of RahXephon... but they were good and interesting nontheless.

quote:
Orginally by Vermillion
Wow, talk about an underappreciated group of threads.

Thanks a lot for the compliment, man!

Nine XXVI's Picks: Cowboy Bebop, FullMetal Alchemist
Peace.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 11:46 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Action Series and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Action Series category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Action Series Presenter: Krang

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: Hiro Maruyama, Masahiko Minami, Ryo Oyama - FullMetal Alchemist
Edward and Alphonse Elric's search for the Philosopher's Stone reaches new heights as the brothers face off with the Homonculi and that also of the military. After the war in Lior, Alphonse has become the Philosopher's Stone and Edward makes a vendetta to defeat the Homonculi himself. After learning the truth about the power of alchemy and about the science itself, Edward and Alphonse sacrifice each other for one other and a new search continues as the brothers journey to be reunited across different worlds.

:: Nariko Kobayashi, Yutaka Sugiyama - Neon Genesis Evangelion
In the year of 2015, Shinji Ikari is summoned by his father to the city of Neo Tokyo-3 after several years of separation. There he unwillingly accepts the task of becoming the pilot of a giant biological humanoid by the name of Evangelion and protect the world from the enigmatic invaders known as the Angels. Even though he repeatedly questions why he has accepted this mission from his estranged and cold father, his doing so helps him to gradually accept himself.

:: Takashi Kochiyama, Takatoshi Hamano, Tetsuro Satomi - Samurai Champloo
While on a personal search to find a certain "samurai that smells of sunflowers", Fuu, play a chance of luck, comes around two very similar yet very distinct warriors. Mugen, the street fighter with a unique "Bboying" fighting style and Jin, the refined traditional fighter with near-perfection in his skill. Fuu manages to save the two and convinces them to help her find the "sunflower samurai" before the two warriors head off to kill one another in an all-out duel. The three journey throughout Japan and come across many obstacles, such as assassins, gangsters, and baseball.

:: Shigeru Kitayama, Masao Morosawa - Trigun
With a $$60 billion double doular bounty on his head, Vash the Stampede lives on the planet of Gunsmoke constantly being hunted with numerous rumors spread about him. Two insurance agents, Meryl Stryfe and Millie Thompson, are sent to minimize the damage that he causes and creates but that's more than they can do. Also traveling with preist Nicholas D. Wolfwood, the pacifist Vash travels the planet in search of his twin brother Millions Knives, who has a vicious gang known as the Gung-Ho Guns whose mission is to make Vash suffer for not joining him and his ideals that have always conflicted with Vash's.
Peace.
Chitter-Box-Kat 08-30-2006 02:41 PM
FMA for the cool homunculus fights and crap. Samurai Champloo because I like Mugens style. (That and I never saw Evangelion. So I wouldn't know.)
Nine Kuze 11-08-2006 07:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Chitter-Box-Kat
(That and I never saw Evangelion. So I wouldn't know.)

Oh my. SEELE's not going to like that.

IT'S A=HEH RAAAAAAPIN' MEH MIND! Ha, that never gets old.

quote:
FMA for the cool homunculus fights and crap

Don't know about "crap" but also for the whole brotherhood and sacrificing each other for each other thing but, whatever I suppose.

Hate to snub Champloo like this, but I'm down with FMA and Trigun.
Peace.
Scourge 11-08-2006 09:36 PM
I back Samurai Champloo simply because the other option I like, FMA, had such a bad ending that I now hate that anime with a passion.
Nine Kuze 11-09-2006 11:41 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Scourge
I back Samurai Champloo simply because the other option I like, FMA, had such a bad ending that I now hate that anime with a passion.

They played the last episode last night by the way.

What, you ain't feeling the ending?
Peace.
Scourge 11-09-2006 06:08 PM
I bought the movie, watched it, and all I felt was anger. Now that anime is dead to me... the manga is ok though.
David Ryder 11-10-2006 05:11 AM
Trigun and I suppose FMA.