:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two for Best Editing! ::

Nine Kuze 12-02-2005 02:33 PM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Editing is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the chief editor with the best noted editing in an anime series. The award is presented to the winner, the editor. The editor and the anime series they worked on are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: Cowboy Bebop - Tomoaki Tsurubuchi
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • RahXephon

2006: Samurai Champloo - Syuichi Kakesu
  • The Big O
  • FLCL
  • Trigun
mecha0083 12-07-2005 01:18 PM
I belive that editing any anime is just plain wrong.
David Ryder 12-07-2005 08:55 PM
By editing do you mean as in AS editing things or technical editing? anywho voted for Bebop.
Nine Kuze 12-08-2005 03:35 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
By editing do you mean as in AS editing things or technical editing? anywho voted for Bebop.

Basically, I mean like overall technical editing, like professional film editing. AS editing may be just a little bit too weird to judge on...
Peace.
Inigo Montoya 12-09-2005 07:30 AM
I voted for SAC, personally, I think they did a phenomenal job of editing the series.

Sadly, I never liked Evangelion that much anyway, and their editing job was fairly bad as well, in my own opinion.
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by mecha0083
I belive that editing any anime is just plain wrong.

True, but unfortunely, some people here in the US think that material like Cowboy Bebop is for 10-year olds and sadly, editing is done.

But some editing is done pretty well such as Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, and as of right now, Evangelion's editing ain't too bad. Nothing up to par on the Japanese original but still not too bad. You can take it or leave it.

Nine XXVI's Picks: Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
Peace.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 11:17 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Editing and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Editing category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Editing Presenter: Mr. D

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: The Big O - Tomoaki Tsurubuchi

:: FLCL - Makiko Asano

:: Samurai Champloo - Syuichi Kakesu

:: Trigun - Yukiko Itou, Hirtoshi Ogata, Satoshi Tetauchi

Peace.