:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two For Best Video Game! ::

Nine Kuze 12-02-2005 02:31 PM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

Nominations thread for Best Video Game

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Video Game is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the best noted video game that was released within the past year. The award is presented to the winner, the director and the producer of the video game. The director and producer of the video game they developed are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: Resident Evil 4 - Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Shinji Mikami
  • Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
  • Digital Devil Saga 2
  • Dragon Quest VII: Journey of the Cursed King

2006: New Super Mario Bros. - Shigeru Miyamoto, Takashi Tezuka
  • Deus Ex
  • Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Half-Life 2: Episode One
David Ryder 12-02-2005 06:05 PM
Went with Digital Devil Saga 2 and RE 4. I've played DQ VIII and castlevania: CD but DDS2 was the best of the batch last year, even though it's way to short.
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:29 PM
Resident Evil 4 is one of the best games of 2005 and I found it better than the rest of the Resident Evil's and even though I haven't played it, I heard and read reviews saying that Dragon Quest VII was a pretty damn good game of 2005 as well. And, hey, how can I turn down a game that was created by the same guy who created Dragonball Z? Big Grin

Nine XXVI's Picks: Dragon Quest VII, Resident Evil 4
Peace.
corrupt 01-06-2006 04:01 PM
Resident Evil 4, best story, best enemies, best everything!!
Randolph 01-06-2006 05:00 PM
Castlevania: CoD was one of the finest visual feasts I have seen some time,
second only to the likes of Kingdom Hearts.

While some aspects were a bit lacking, the overall quality of the game was
exceptional. I liked it!

I've already stated my high opinions of RE4.
Zallon!
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 10:39 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Video Game and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Video Game category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Video Game Presenter: Mugiwara Luffy

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: Deus Ex - Harvey Smith, Warren Spector
Platform - PC
Deus Ex is a first-person shooter set in a dark, grim, near future. Disease ravages the population while the struggle for the much-in demand antidote "Ambrosia" rages on. Trying to keep order and make some sense of the situation is J.C. Denton, a cybernetically augmented agent of the United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition (UNATCO) who is up against National Secessionist Forces (NSF), re-packaged Triads, and the shadowy underground known as Silhouette.

:: Elder Scrolls IV: Obilivion - Todd Howard
Platform - PC, XBox 360
After the mysterious and untimely death of the Emperor, Uriel Septim VII, the throne of Tamriel lies empty. With the Empire ready to crumble, the gates of Oblivion are thrown open and daedra march upon the land - laying waste to everything in their path. A nameless hero who is imprisoned in the Imperial City travels to find the lost heir to the throne and unravel the sinister plot that threatens to destroy all of Tamriel.

:: Half-Life 2: Episode One - Robin Walker
Plaform - PC
Gordon and Alyx discover they've somehow escaped both the reactor explosion and the G-Man's malevolent grasp. Before they can ponder their miraculous survival, the crippled Citadel lurches back to life just long enough to initiate a self-destruct sequence. With Alyx at his side, Gordon must flee a city in chaos before the Citadel's final detonation turns City 17 into a toxic, mutant-infested crater

:: New Super Mario Bros. - Shigeru Miyamoto, Takashi Tezuka
Platform - Nintendo DS
Mario and Peach are out for a stroll, when Peach's castle is attacked. Mario rushes to the scene, but immediately doubles back when Bowser Jr. kidnaps Peach behind his back. After an unsuccessful initial attempt to reclaim her that rendered Mario in his small form, he immediately begins pursuit of the princess' kidnapper.

Peace.
Nine Kuze 09-07-2006 06:57 PM
Obvilion and Mario. Good to see the good ol' fashioned Mario.
Peace.
David Ryder 09-07-2006 07:37 PM
ugh, the choices....ugh.... well I guess given what there is to choose from.

New Super Mario Brothers, even if it has the replay value of a rock.
Oblivion sense I like the elderscroll games.
Dominus of Requiem 09-07-2006 11:33 PM
put the suffering ties that bind in ur award
and we talk