:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two For Best Original Score! ::

Nine Kuze 12-02-2005 02:28 PM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Original Score is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the composition of a body music that was written for an anime series. The award is presented to the winner, the composer. The composer and the anime series they composed the score for are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: The Big O - Toshihiko Sahashi
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Samurai Champloo
  • Trigun

2006: Cowboy Bebop - Yoko Kanno
  • AIR
  • FLCL
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
evanASF27 12-02-2005 03:50 PM
How can one NOT vote Big O??

Trigun's soundtrack overall seems to be just average, but it's got quite a few songs which make them stand out above the rest Big Grin
David Ryder 12-02-2005 06:13 PM
well from what there is to choose from, gonna have to side with Trigun. soundtrack is amazing. now to go find my opy of the soundtrack.
Ammaranth 12-06-2005 11:59 PM
Well, I just voted for Big O, not out of favoritism, but because I think it genuinely has the best music of all those listed. Jazz seems to be underappreciated these days, and the Big O soundtrack has some very classy tunes on it that really set the tone and feel for different scenes of the show.

Vermillion
Schwarzwald 12-09-2005 09:04 PM
Well... I'd want to vote for Last Exile...

But I guess o the choices I'd choose the jazzy and ranged Big O. Instead of the more concentrated Bebop.
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Zenigata-Da-Vida
How can one NOT vote Big O??

Trigun's soundtrack overall seems to be just average, but it's got quite a few songs which make them stand out above the rest Big Grin

I hear that, Evan. Big O's soundtrack is some of the best and while Bebop is more concentrated, its smooth and elegant jazz and blues style is worth noting as well.

Nine XXVI's Picks: Big O, Cowboy Bebop
Peace.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 10:34 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Original Score and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Original Score category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Original Score Presenter: Green_Bird

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: AIR - Shinji Orito

:: Cowboy Bebop - Yoko Kanno

:: FLCL - Shinkichi Mitsumune

:: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Yoko Kanno

Peace.