2005's Best and Worst Films

Generalissimo D 01-05-2006 06:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
I forgot to say that Charlie and the Choclate Factory was one of the worst movies. Actually, it takes the cake as the worst of the year. Or the past... fifty.

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU BOY?!
Randolph 01-05-2006 07:00 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Volt
I forgot to say that Charlie and the Choclate Factory was one of the worst movies. Actually, it takes the cake as the worst of the year. Or the past... fifty.

YOU EMOTIONLESS MONSTER!!!
*millions of heartbroken people weep bitterly*

How DARE you insult the best movie of 2005?!
L13k d00D T1m 8urt0n Pwn5 J00!!!11!11

...I can't believe I just said that....
Travis Bickle 01-05-2006 07:32 PM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was good, but nothing special.
Randolph 01-05-2006 07:44 PM
True, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory wasn't the best movie ever.
But certainly, not the worst in fifty years....
Travis Bickle 01-05-2006 07:52 PM
Tim Burton is a mediocre director who churns out mediocre movies that people love. Hollwood is filled to the brime with mediocrity.

Syriana, Sideways and Breakfast on Pluto were the only ones that really stood out.
Sharpshooter005 01-05-2006 09:33 PM
quote:
Tim Burton is a mediocre director who churns out mediocre movies that people love.

I can already sort of feel the red dot of a laser sight positioning itself near the base of my skull, but...if I agreed with this more, it would probably cause me physical pain.
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 10:10 AM
I would like to add 'The Cave' to my list of one of the worst movies of 2005. What a crappy horror movie...
Peace.
David Ryder 01-06-2006 10:31 AM
Well I'm gonna have to add Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to my list too...I've never really thought Tim Burton was anything to go crazy over. Also Lets add any Sci-fi Original to the list.
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 10:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
Well I'm gonna have to add Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to my list too...I've never really thought Tim Burton was anything to go crazy over. Also Lets add any Sci-fi Original to the list.

I hear that. No offense to anybody but I can't stand original Sci-Fi movies... or basically any type of original made-for tv movies period. Tim Burton, I can pretty much take him or leave him but Charlie wasn't too bad in my book.

Anyway, there's this one guy who has a list of his top 20 worst movies of 2005 and I thought it would feel right at home in this thread.
Peace.
Randolph 01-06-2006 10:54 AM
Try not to forget, Chocolate Factory was a family movie.
It's made so kids can watch it, too. If the story got too complicated,
the little kidzies would get lost.

For what it was intended to be, it was very good.
No, it's not The Ring or The Village or The Giant Piece of Plastic of Doom,
but it's a good movie for what it's worth.
It sure as hell isn't the worst movie of '05.
Sharpshooter005 01-06-2006 12:09 PM
quote:
Sci-fi Original to the list.

You didn't like the sheer genius that was "boa vs. python"?

Or did that come out in '04...oh wait, EVERY MOVIE THEY AIR IS BASICALLY THE SAME.

edit: This is also why I can't wait until "snakes on a plane" comes out. As the sci-fi channel seems to love ripping off movies that come out. And I just cannot contain my excitement at the prospect of seeing a commercial for the eventual "snake versus super boeing" where the plane is some kind of sentient robot and the snakes are ancient egyptian monsters.
David Ryder 01-06-2006 01:59 PM
quote:
As the sci-fi channel seems to love ripping off movies that come out.

lol. Like their new one about the beetles. For some reason that movie reminds me of Pitch black because well it seems like they are in a generally dimally light area, that and bad CG.
aeternus_flammus 01-06-2006 02:14 PM
I submit The Producers as one of the best.
Mugiwara Luffy 01-06-2006 04:38 PM
As a loyal fan, I must say Serenity.

But since I have that bias, I gotta say I thought Batman Begins was very well done. King Kong too.

Wow, now that I think about it, I really saw a lot of movies this year....