March of the Penguins

Pygmalion 11-27-2005 10:44 PM
I've always liked animal documentaries, so seeing March of the Penguins was on my to-do list. The movie has been co-opted by groups touting their view of how the world should be, but at bottom it is a picaresque story about emperor penguins marching to their breeding grounds and raising a chick. If they're lucky.

It was a bit too slow for my younger son, but the older one enjoyed it very much. He thought the chicks were great fun to watch.

So if you'd like to see some gorgeous photography, extreme weather, and terrifically cute babies, go see this film.

Pygmalion
StevieV019 11-30-2005 03:08 PM
My girlfriend wants to see it, but is reluctant to because she doesnt want to deal with a sad or bad ending...any hints??
BethMcBeth 12-01-2005 02:31 PM
Iam just curious (I never got to see the movie) but where those pe guins real or did they CG the whole movie? Because some of the scens I saw in the previews sort of looked well CG. All in all penguins are cool when I was small I use to see them at Sea World. I'll probably buy it on DVD though.

-Beth
Pygmalion 12-01-2005 02:45 PM
quote:
Originally posted by StevieV019
My girlfriend wants to see it, but is reluctant to because she doesnt want to deal with a sad or bad ending...any hints??

There are some sad parts, but most of the flock seems to find a mate and raise a chick.

quote:
Originally posted by BethMcBeth
...were those penguins real or did they CG the whole movie?

To the best of my knowledge, it's all real. Here's the webpage.

Pygmalion
Pygmalion 12-14-2005 07:34 PM
The two-second version: Penguin Mayhem.

Pygmalion
corrupt 12-14-2005 07:42 PM
The film was very good and informative but it was kinda depressing...