Winback 2: Project Poseidon? What happened to it?!

Paradigm Dog 11-27-2005 07:55 PM
This game for PS2 and XBOX went off the radar after E3 05, only making a brief showing a TGS 05 with no new info. It looked like it would be one of the best games for the Holiday Season too. It was supposed to be out in November, and now I've seen it as being released from anytime between February and March. What's the deal? KOEI, the creators, have no info on the game at their site even though they announced it in a press release and showed off a trailer back in May.

Will it be out before Christmas as a last minute release with little buzz, or is it delayed for sure until 2006?
David Ryder 11-27-2005 08:02 PM
I would like yo know what happened to it as well. It was like MGS but ya know actually fun. me and my bro played bot mode of like 10 hours straight. I hope they kept bot mode and improved on it. but gotta agree, I would like to know what happened to it.
Sharpshooter005 12-01-2005 02:27 PM
quote:
It looked like it would be one of the best games for the Holiday Season too.

Best of the season...Winback...as in the sequel to this..

From what I remember, here was...basically the entirety of the time I spent playing winback (granted its been a while)

Hide behind wall

Duck out briefly

Shoot enemy

Move to next wall/barrier

Repeat process.

quote:
like MGS but ya know actually fun

Guys I think the forums have entered some alternate dimension where everything is the opposite of how it rightfully should be.

I'm shocked they'd even make a sequel to it..it's been...what now, four years?

Granted, it's been so long since I've played it that all I can remember is thinking "this is kind of like time crisis, but in third person" due to the hide and shoot thing. Maybe the four year development cycle (it came out for the ps2 in 2001 I'm pretty sure) means they've taken it in some wildly unexpected and enjoyable direction.

I guess we'll know in february? Maybe they're not giving it a huge amount of press since..yeah, from what I remember it recieved mediocre reviews, and didn't seem that special. They might just kind of throw it out there and hope any existing fanbase picks up on it.
Generalissimo D 12-01-2005 06:02 PM
Wasn't this an N64 Game way back when?

quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
Guys I think the forums have entered some alternate dimension where everything is the opposite of how it rightfully should be.

No...thats the normal dimension. The alternate is a peaceful Eden. And the Mods are the SS equivelent under the rule of Herr Krang and Herr Shredder, keeping the peace through violent ass-handings and banings.
Travis Bickle 12-01-2005 06:14 PM
quote:

Nah dude. All is in it's right place. You're just bugged to holy hell with nanomachines. Stupid Patriots.
X Prime 12-01-2005 06:19 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
quote:

Nah dude. All is in it's right place. You're just bugged to holy hell with nanomachines. Stupid Patriots.

Yeah really. They're turning people away from worshipping my holiness. Damn bastards.
Travis Bickle 12-01-2005 06:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
Yeah really. They're turning people away from worshipping my holiness. Damn bastards.

Killed it
David Ryder 12-01-2005 11:23 PM
quote:
Wasn't this an N64 Game way back when?

aye. There basically the same game, but the PS2 version has nicer graphics, tigher controls and I think bot mode but other than that, their the same game.
David Ryder 04-24-2006 12:24 PM

Really Koei, it' about damn time. Looks great.
Paradigm Dog 04-25-2006 11:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes

Really Koei, it' about damn time. Looks great.

It is long past time. It was delayed one last time from April 18th to the 25th. It's supposedly out today. From the videos I've seen, in motion, it doesn't look as fun as the first one. It actually looks more limited in its mission designs. But, we'll see... Regardless, it's definitely worth checking out. The first game was lots of fun.
David Ryder 05-05-2006 11:21 PM
Ok I finally got a chance to play this.

The Good:
Better character's
Nice graphics
much harder, the first was a cake walk
More weapons
The boss character's no longer look like 80's metal band memeber's *cough Duke Cough*

The Bad:
Bot mode sucks, and sucks big time. This was the sole reason I played the first one.
Bad A.I
Lame voice acting