Speaking of Baldur's Gate II...

X Prime 11-27-2005 11:11 AM
I wasn't kidding about forming a PCFer party.

I'd love to get five people with BGII (including Throne of Bhaal) together for a party. I think it'd be fun.

So, who has it and would be interested?
Inigo Montoya 11-27-2005 01:18 PM
I have it. But my main character is a wild mage and not many people want those characters in their party.... *sniffles*
Travis Bickle 11-27-2005 05:46 PM
I would if I had the time. These days, I'm too busy with school, work, the band, pwning people really hard, and rolling Katamaris.

It's been a while since I actually played a Tabletop RPG. I'll probably do so over the break when my friend comes down.
David Ryder 11-27-2005 08:05 PM
if I could find my copy and install it again, I'd love to team up. pretty good fighter.
X Prime 11-27-2005 09:42 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Hyper Metal
I have it. But my main character is a wild mage and not many people want those characters in their party.... *sniffles*

Ouch... Honestly, I can see why. The odds of a bad mage effect are just too high. Imagine one went off while going after Demogorgon?

Then again... it could be interesting.

---

As for me, my favorite char type is (wait for it...) BG1 Tomed pre-prepared Fighter (To be Kitted on import to BG2) dualled with whatever, usually a Mage. My favorite combo is Kensai/Mage. Pure destruction.

If I ever partied with a pure mage I SUPPOSE I could try my hand at a Kensai/Thief combo and find out what happens when you piss off a Kensai with Carsomyr while he's wearing, say, full plate, the Gauntlets of Extraordinary Weapon Specialization, and so on. Perhaps also a strength belt so they REALLY feel the pain.

Hmm... With that thought, why not?
Inigo Montoya 11-27-2005 11:31 PM
My Wild Mage had a fair amount of control and was the highest level.

Meh.
Sharpshooter005 11-27-2005 11:42 PM
It's too bad this isn't like...three or more years ago, when I still could find my copy, and was looking for people to play it with.

So this is really convenient, just...like if I had a time machine, this would be a major help.

Oh well...I seem to remember you could make a ninja...or...something close to a ninja in that game.

If I ever find it, and get around to playing it. I'll make a ninja guy..because without a ninja theres just no POINT.
X Prime 11-28-2005 06:04 AM
You are referring to the powerful Assassin class.

They sacrifice their thief steal skills in order to have an almighty backstab that can poison. So basically all he does is hide in shadows/go invisible, and stab stuff in the back for 200 damage (enough to kill... a lot of things in one shot).

---

Hyper Metal: If this ever happens it'll be with either BG1 imported or fresh BG2 SoA chars.
Sharpshooter005 11-28-2005 09:05 PM
quote:
You are referring to the powerful Assassin class.

I vaguely remember seeing the word ninja in the character creation part. All I k now is I clicked it, and it wound up starting me off with a katana.
X Prime 11-28-2005 09:09 PM
You saw it in the Weapon Proficiency Section, namely, under the Ninja-To weapons, which are in turn under Scimitars. That's the only thing Ninja in BGII short of Assassin.