Jack Thompsan publishes a book

Jonny Axehandle 11-27-2005 08:22 AM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/news.php?aid=13058

*plethora of WTFs and other mixed emotions*
evanASF27 11-27-2005 10:48 AM
quote:
"Going beyond outrage, Thompson chronicles his own spiritual journey from bystander to activist and offers the sociological, medical, scientific, and legal evidence that will motivate all Americans - especially parents - to get involved.

He's only listing those things to make the book look good.

Btw, I found it a nice chuckle to see an ad for "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" on the side of the article. A digital guy with a gun next to an article which is against digital guys with guns.
Generalissimo D 11-27-2005 10:55 AM
The Amazon link

Firstly:
One thing hit me when I saw this.

quote:
"Jack, an outraged father and activist lawyer..."

This man has KIDS?!

Secondly:
Everybody look at this.
http://www.citizensunitednegatingtechnology.org/

Thirdly:
Is Ashton Kutcher Punking the US?
CablesInside 11-27-2005 12:43 PM
we should all illegally download, and read his book
he'll love that
Hanyou 11-27-2005 01:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by P.D.Q. Beck
quote:
"Going beyond outrage, Thompson chronicles his own spiritual journey from bystander to activist and offers the sociological, medical, scientific, and legal evidence that will motivate all Americans - especially parents - to get involved.

He's only listing those things to make the book look good.

Btw, I found it a nice chuckle to see an ad for "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" on the side of the article. A digital guy with a gun next to an article which is against digital guys with guns.

You should have taken a screenshot! Big Grin

And...what in the name of HELL medical evidence could he possibly provide to back up his point?

Anyway, Thompson's in a class all his own. No truly credible organization backs him up now, thank God (although if an organization DID back him up...said organization would no longer be credible).

Oh, and I love how he calls videogames "murder simulators." Way to generalize, Jack. This is why a game like Super Smash Bros. Melee got a Teen rating upon release.

quote:
Thompson's book has yet to top the bestsellers' list, with an Amazon sales ranking of 36,356 and average reader rating of just one star.

Big surprise Roll Eyes
Ace of Spades 11-27-2005 03:03 PM
Wow! Jack Thompson has proven to me that even the most mentally simple of people can write a book. I think I'll write one called Chicken Soup: For The Lawyer Who Needs to STFU.
Sharpshooter005 11-27-2005 06:48 PM
My goal is to make a "fringe lunatic" section of borders. I'd love nothing more than to see this book next to "9/11 was committed by the mole people from the future" and "Curing cancer using quartz crystals".

It'd be a good fit.

edit: Having a slight deal of familiarity with the more batty conspiracy theories, these three books would also wind up being tied together. That book would detail how the mole people from the future were using crystals to control the minds of programmers at Rockstar.
Travis Bickle 11-27-2005 06:53 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades
Wow! Jack Thompson has proven to me that even the most mentally simple of people can write a book. I think I'll write one called Chicken Soup: For The Lawyer Who Needs to STFU.

Mentally simple...I think you're looking for "simple minded".

But yeah. Nobody's going to read it, except for dumbass soccer moms and those that actually hate Jack Thompson.
Hanyou 11-27-2005 07:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005Having a slight deal of familiarity with the more batty conspiracy theories, these three books would also wind up being tied together. That book would detail how the mole people from the future were using crystals to control the minds of programmers at Rockstar.

...and yet you still managed to leave out the increasingly popular theories that the United States government fired a missle into the Pentagon and the Yakuza caused Katrina.

It's inspirational. Every individual and every organization has not only the will but the means to cause mass destruction on an unprecedented scale.

And it can all be traced right back to Rockstar, according to geniuses like Thompson. We should thank them.