Episode 37 Discussion: "Flame Alchemist Bachelor Lieutenant, and the Mystery of Warehouse 13"

Shredder 11-26-2005 10:03 PM
Tonight's ep is a comedy episode, but I think fans of the military characters will enjoy it (plus it's just funny in general). Happy There's also some info here relevant to the storyline if you look for it. Enjoy!
R.Smith 11-26-2005 10:13 PM
"Her sense of fashion"..........hmmm why do I think given the area that was focused on, that wasn't the original line. Laughing

Interesting episode so far.
Xero-Hour 11-26-2005 10:13 PM
Already its the funniest episode ive seen so far...hehe "pomato"
evanASF27 11-26-2005 10:32 PM
Wow this was certainly a random episode.

I have this much to say concerning the episode:
  1. Poor Havok...x_X
  2. Armstrong's sister is hot
  3. Cheska better be making progress
  4. Hawkeye is harsh with that dog >_<
  5. Did I mention Armstrong's sister is hot?
  6. ...Pomato...hah...hah....
  7. Armstrong's sister is HOT!!!!
Wingnut 11-26-2005 10:39 PM
Oh man. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
I haven't laughed like that in a long time. And Havoc was a vegitable for the rest of the episode. Laughing I think the GAINAX/FLCL people animated Havoc's scenes for this episode considering the way he acted.
I wonder if Mustang will change his opinion of Black Hayate from when he first met him after the bone incident.
Hawkeye was harsh with the dog from day one. She pulled her gun on the pooch remember?
AlexRosewater 11-26-2005 11:09 PM
That was the most hilarious episode of Fullmetal Alchemist!!! Laughing Laughing
I mean Havoc ruled that episode with him wanting a loyal Girl Friend and then Armstrong's family and Havoc's gene relation theory of the Armstrong family line. genious!!! then, digging in a vaccant lot for human remains that ended up a dud Laughing Laughing man I all most laughed my shelf to death.!!!!
Sephiroth 11-27-2005 12:50 PM
That was the single funniest episode of the series. Just about every scene was comedy gold. I liked seeing Havoc's lady troubles, and how Mustang tried to solve the problem. I thought it was great how worked up Havoc got before seeing Armstrong's sister, and how he tried to put together genetic traits to predict what the daugther would look like (the female Armstrong skipping through the fields was great). I can see why he would be nervous though, Armstrong and his parents are rather freaky, then again his sister is able to lift a piano, so she's pretty freaky herself. The whole warehouse 13 fiasco was pretty funny too, as was the opening bit about the journal of Mustang's activities (He's such a lady's man). I do however have to wonder why Mustang what Mustang is up to in trying to get to Lior, but if Kimblee and Tucker and being sent there as well, then one can be sure that thing will escalate quickly.

P.S.
It's ironic that in the anime Havoc cannot seem to get a girl, as in the manga he is dating
spoiler (highlight to read):
Lust
Gummibear 11-27-2005 01:25 PM
Cute

Poor Havoc...I would go out with him! I loved the little vegetative state he was put into.
Raven 11-27-2005 02:49 PM
Ha, that was great when Havok found out that Mustang stole the girl he liked. His friends comments were even funnier. I also liked the part where Mustang had to drag those four along to show them there was no warehouse 13.

And I wonder what Hawkeye was dreaming about... O_O
Gato Gurl914 11-27-2005 07:44 PM
best. eppisode. ever.
Volt 11-28-2005 12:12 AM
Hahaha. I really liked this episode. I'm glad Ed, Al, and Winry weren't in it. I was getting kinda tired of them. Embarrassed Sweatdrop
The whole warehouse 13 thing and Hayate burying the chicken bones was pretty funny, as was most of the episode.
Also, poor Havoc. That has to suck. XD
Schoolie 11-30-2005 08:56 PM
One of the best FMA episodes ever!

In the tradition of Big O's "The Greatest Villian" - Stupendous!
BethMcBeth 12-01-2005 02:27 PM
You know its funny I watched this epsoide and I actually thought the series was alright and I have started to tape it. Thanks a bunch.

-Beth
Nine Kuze 05-02-2006 05:04 PM
I'm bringin' this thread back because Adult Swim is replaying the FMA episodes again on Mondays and throughout the whole series, this is one of two episodes that I missed seeing. I also missed the "Holy Mother" episode.

Anyway, yeah, this episode was pretty funny. I really liked the beginning dialogue, replacing Alphonse with Hawkeye. Jean Havoc is quite the character and it was pretty damn amusing watching him figure out what Armstrong's sister would like (imagining her with facial hair is funny as well). Armstrong's sister has big eyes, like Sailor Moon big but the "Pomato" and the family timeline that Havoc was cooking up was tight as well. And Fuery, Breda, and Valman (is that his name. It escapes me) all bet against him.

The second part was alright, I liked Hawkeye giving Black Hayate breakfast and with him digging the bones at the warehouse site. The dog sticks it to Roy and his boys! There were some serious parts as well, which is cool like Roy visiting Gracia and Alicia and seeing Winry run off in the window (that was really good) and Sheska, and Archer planning something with Lab 5 and the Civil War in Lior. All in all, it wasn't too bad and better than I expected.
Peace.
Sephiroth 05-04-2006 08:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Anyway, yeah, this episode was pretty funny. I really liked the beginning dialogue, replacing Alphonse with Hawkeye. Jean Havoc is quite the character and it was pretty damn amusing watching him figure out what Armstrong's sister would like (imagining her with facial hair is funny as well). Armstrong's sister has big eyes, like Sailor Moon big but the "Pomato" and the family timeline that Havoc was cooking up was tight as well. And Fuery, Breda, and Valman (is that his name. It escapes me) all bet against him.

His name is Falman if I'm not mistaken, and we are thinking of the same person. Yea, this was actually a pretty enjoyable episode. I need to catch up with my FMA dvd purchasing, as it might be on DVD by now. I'd pick it up if only for the part showing Armstrong's rather creepy family.
Ace of Spades 05-17-2006 01:53 PM
Just gotta love the scene when the sword went through Havok's head while in Manga form. Its even more comical when done to the tune of I'm too Sexy. If you're wondering about that last part you'll have to PM me on that one. Because I hate long discussions.