Our Friend Power 5 (TMNT fans take note)

Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 11-26-2005 12:56 AM
There's a strange movie in Korea, that I really want to see. It features both giant Anime robots and knock-off Ninja Turtles. It's called Our Friend Power 5 or in Korean °¬äX \l Ì 5.

I really want to see this movie, but I can't find a single site in english that sells this movie, and my grasp of Korean is terrible. If anyone here reads Korean please help me out. And, everybody check this out....

A page with lots of pics (here it is in bad english)

A page with a decent synopsis

A page about it on Korea's equivalent of IMDB (find it here in bad english)

All I know is, I MUST see this film!

Here are a few pictures to show you just how weird this movie gets!

And, there were even TOYS based on this movie!

Sharpshooter005 11-26-2005 12:59 AM

So...energy beams are the new tentacles?
Kittie heavenly6 11-26-2005 01:02 AM
I am so determined to see this one day,s omehow, someway.
Mr. Fortnight 11-26-2005 03:14 PM
Hmm, a show with clips from the 80's Go-Bots cartoon, and some really bad costumes.

Reminds me of Turkish Star Wars, Turkish Superman, and Turkish Star Trek...

Someone showed me those jems I mentioned at a convention. I'm sure you can find them on some P2P.

Now if you're really curious as to how far these knock-offs go, look at the Japanese live action Spiderman.

But... I digress.
X Prime 11-26-2005 03:18 PM
No knockoff can ever faze me after the Japanese TMNT, which might I add was an atrocity beyond reckoning that made DBGT look good.

So, a screwy fusion of Transformer knockoffs and TMNT knockoffs...

...Yeah. This ain't pretty. GI Joe + Transformers looked better...
Tetsu Deinonychus Mach-2 11-26-2005 05:46 PM
If the pictures don't show up, it's because my website is down. Just check out the "Page with lots of pics" pictured above. That's where I got the pics anyway.

Also, I have no P2P program at the moment. Frown

And, finally if you want a weird Turkish rip-off, Check out I-mockery's review of 3 Dev Adam a turkish Marvel Superheroes rip-off.

And, wasn't Japanese Spiderman technically legit?
Krang 11-27-2005 03:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
No knockoff can ever faze me after the Japanese TMNT, which might I add was an atrocity beyond reckoning that made DBGT look good.

Do you mean the Japanese dub of the original cartoon or the two episode TMNT OVA? I haven't seen the dub, but I thought the OVA was funny. It seemed to be mostly a parody and didn't take itself seriously.

Anyway, about Our Friend Power 5, I've seen those pictures, and it looks... strange. Laughing
Kittie heavenly6 11-27-2005 05:55 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

Do you mean the Japanese dub of the original cartoon or the two episode TMNT OVA? I haven't seen the dub, but I thought the OVA was funny. It seemed to be mostly a parody and didn't take itself seriously.

Anyway, about Our Friend Power 5, I've seen those pictures, and it looks... strange. Laughing

Strange? Or... Fantsastic? Wink
X Prime 11-27-2005 09:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Krang
quote:

OVA. And as an acquaintance of mine said: "It was funny... in a really bad way."
Generalissimo D 11-27-2005 10:37 AM
I once again feel mind raped. Scary thing is...I think I actually own cheap knockoff TMNT(you know, the kind that show up in 99 cent stores or swap meets.) that look like that.

And I'm making a goal to see aforementioned OVA...
Sharpshooter005 11-27-2005 06:44 PM
quote:
I once again feel mind raped.

Different giant robot show. Big Grin
Krang 11-28-2005 02:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Kittie heavenly6
Strange? Or... Fantsastic? Wink

Maybe both! Laughing But we won't know until we find out more information about it...