Why society looks down on our generation...

Patsai 11-25-2005 08:16 PM
Yeah, read this.

Honestly, how dumb can he get? As if Jack Thompson wasn't proven correctly enough.
The Baker St. Irregular 11-25-2005 08:19 PM
Come on. Everybody knows GTA is waaaaayyyyy more wholesome. Tongue

My money says Fitty was drunk when he said that.
Ace of Spades 11-25-2005 08:21 PM
What a dork
Patsai 11-25-2005 08:23 PM
I'm sure any parent would love to explain to their kid why 50 Cent is involved in the "glorified" world of sex, drugs, and gangsters is the path they should take in life for their future. Honestly what is his game going to teach kids other than commiting crimes? Jack Thompson is just smirking now.
Zopwx2 11-25-2005 08:27 PM
since when does 50 cent represent out generation.
Sharpshooter005 11-25-2005 08:48 PM
"Now son. You see that guy on the screen? Thats 50 cent. People like that are why we own guns, and always remember to lock the doors at night."

Hey! It really is educational!

edit:

quote:
As 50's search zeroes in on who filled him full of holes, he'll discover a larger, far-reaching conspiracy that's going to take him quite a ways from the hood and bring him face-to-face with some serious trouble.

So...basically this game is Max Payne, except it's going to suck?
X Prime 11-25-2005 09:45 PM
HA!

Ten points for the Max Payne reference goes to Sharp. Way to go.
David Ryder 11-25-2005 10:01 PM
lol life lesson's? life lessons must mean poppin caps in people, pimpin, and degrading women, well for "fiddy" anyways. also since when does this tard represent gamers?
Generalissimo D 11-25-2005 11:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
Yeah, read this.

Honestly, how dumb can he get? As if Jack Thompson wasn't proven correctly enough.

Yeah...uhh...I'm gonna say Thompson is giggling like a school girl in his batman pajamas.

One phrase on that whole thing just sorta neutralized anything Mr. Jackson had going for him when he said it.

quote:
...capping would-be foes in the dome, and looting their corpses for cash.

Right.
harshfire 11-26-2005 12:03 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Patsai
I'm sure any parent would love to explain to their kid why 50 Cent is involved in the "glorified" world of sex, drugs, and gangsters is the path they should take in life for their future. Honestly what is his game going to teach kids other than commiting crimes? Jack Thompson is just smirking now.

Shocked Yeah, I wonder. But I suppose, also, it could. But kids these days do everything the T.V. tells them to do, and nothing that those around them do. It's kind of sad.

Later days:
Rev
Travis Bickle 11-26-2005 01:32 AM
People should look up to Green Day for inspiration, too, right?. Despite the fact that they're nothing more than a bunch of idealistic potheads.

I remember when Britany Spears spoke out against pre-marital sex. So...yeah...what now, bitch? You ain't got nothin.

People shouldn't look up to people. Only to themselves.
Zopwx2 11-26-2005 02:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
People should look up to Green Day for inspiration, too, right?. Despite the fact that they're nothing more than a bunch of idealistic potheads.

I remember when Britany Spears spoke out against pre-marital sex. So...yeah...what now, bitch? You ain't got nothin.

People shouldn't look up to people. Only to themselves.

I look up to shaq.

Becuase he is taller than me! BA-ZING!

But seriously folks entertainers are terrible role models.
Jonny Axehandle 11-26-2005 07:29 AM
Entertainers are just mindless drones put on this planet by the good folk at Hollywood for our amusement. Not role models.
Sharpshooter005 11-26-2005 04:58 PM
quote:
People shouldn't look up to people

Except Dan Sickles, because he had his leg shot up, ampuated...then began casually smoking a cigar, and had the leg sent off to washington to be put in a museum. Yeah. He MAILED THE LEG.

He also killed the son of Francis Scott Key, in broad daylight, then used the first insanity defense in U.S. history.

No seriously, he was pretty cool. And kind of crazy probably.
Sephiroth 11-26-2005 06:30 PM
Well, I have lost what little respect I had for 50 Cent...wait, scratch that entire statement, I had none to begin with. Anywho, I understand that 50 Cent is terribly mercenary, but how greed consumed can you get? With the controversy over violent games growing, how can he be so blind as to actually encourage little kids to play is gore filled game? Seriously, advocates for stricter video game regualtions must be jumping for joy over this. Should people actually be dumb enough to listen to 50 Cent, this could be the straw that breaks the camels back. Way to go 50, you proven yourself to be a total jerk (there are stronger words, but I'll refrain from using them).
Sharpshooter005 11-26-2005 06:37 PM
quote:
I understand that 50 Cent is terribly mercenary

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

I mean...when 50 cent does it, yeah. Otherwise...you know...it dosen't bother me THAT much.

also everytime I hear that ad, and it goes "a hard place to live, an easy place to die". I just want to yell "then WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE" at my teevee.
X Prime 11-26-2005 06:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

I mean...when 50 cent does it, yeah. Otherwise...you know...it dosen't bother me THAT much.

also everytime I hear that ad, and it goes "a hard place to live, an easy place to die". I just want to yell "then WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE" at my teevee.

...I have one piece of advice for you.

AT ALL COSTS: PLAY 'PSYCHONAUTS'. It is on PC, PS2, and XBox. You WILL like it. It's perfect for you. It even has a talking turtle with a crown and British accent.

And a strip of bacon serving as a covert homing device.
Sharpshooter005 11-26-2005 07:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

...I have one piece of advice for you.

AT ALL COSTS: PLAY 'PSYCHONAUTS'. It is on PC, PS2, and XBox. You WILL like it. It's perfect for you. It even has a talking turtle with a crown and British accent.

And a strip of bacon serving as a covert homing device.

Usually I avoid platformers but...yeah, I guess...I'll check that out.

Yeah bacon is pretty essential in any covert operation, it ranks slightly below a box.
X Prime 11-26-2005 07:17 PM
By homing device, I mean it allows a certain person to pop out of your ear and give you advice. Apparently he can smell bacon from miles away and be in multiple places at once by his own admission.
Hanyou 11-26-2005 10:58 PM
As to this whole issue...I tend to stay away from these sorts of games (they're silly, more than anything else...and yes, I'm including GTA in this category). No matter how "silly" they are, though, they simply shouldn't be marketed to children.

But I take issue with the topic title. Ultimately, society's perception of our generation will be based on our RESPONSE to this sort of propoganda. Remember the Abercrombie and Fitch T-shirts and the response to that? Yet another reason why our generation's hardly the worst.

That said, I hate to group myself in any "generation" at all.