2005 American Music Awards

YoruameBaroness 11-23-2005 12:20 AM
Who watched the AMA's tonight?

I did, and I wanted to cry when Lindsay Lohan began to sing. Someone needs to rip that girl's vocal chords out. She can carry a note, just not in the same direction everyone else carries them.
Travis Bickle 11-23-2005 12:24 AM
Anything that gives Green Day several Grammys is bullsh**.

Seriously, when all you've got going for you is Hilary Duff, the Black Eyed Peas, and Los Lonely Boys as your top billed acts, then you know that mainstream music is crap. The Grammys, AMA, People's Choice can all suck it. Nobody knows good music these days.
Zopwx2 11-23-2005 12:52 AM
who still watches tv?
Travis Bickle 11-23-2005 12:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zopwx2
who still watches tv?

I haven't in...6 months? 7 months? I forget.
Sharpshooter005 11-25-2005 06:38 PM
quote:

who still watches tv?

I love how on a forum where main topic is/was a cartoon about giant memory erasing robots, we have to make every thread about television into "Oh well I haven't watched it in (blank). I MEAN ISN'T IT SO BANAL."

Just an observation, before anyone gets too worked up.

quote:

I did, and I wanted to cry when Lindsay Lohan began to sing

I really hope they didn't give 50 cent any form of award, or if they did that he gave no form of acceptance speech.

Listening to that guy sputter out random noises...which I can only assume are supposed to be his take on words...is really just painful. It's not even funny anymore.
David Ryder 11-25-2005 06:41 PM
I didn't but I hear Greenday got quite a few...gotta agree with Dr.gonzo on this, no one know's good music these days, well except my friend George and Tim.
Sharpshooter005 11-25-2005 06:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Gaddes
I didn't but I hear Greenday got quite a few...gotta agree with Dr.gonzo on this, no one know's good music these days, well except my friend George and Tim.

I'm not sure if I blame them, or the people who FREAKED OUT because apparently two or three of the songs on that album share some kind of common thread. One leads into the other or...or something, I haven't really ever bothered to listen to the whole thing.

And apparently this is just something nobody has EVER thought of, much less implemented. I mean it's so revolutionary!! Roll Eyes
Zopwx2 11-25-2005 07:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

who still watches tv?

I love how on a forum where main topic is/was a cartoon about giant memory erasing robots, we have to make every thread about television into "Oh well I haven't watched it in (blank). I MEAN ISN'T IT SO BANAL."

I still think a cartoon about giant memory erasing robots makes more sense than watching TV.
Sharpshooter005 11-25-2005 07:03 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:

who still watches tv?

I still think a cartoon about giant memory erasing robots makes more sense than watching TV.

So...so theres a way to see it not involving some kind of broadcasted visual medium.

All I'm saying is, this is just the internet generation version of "My mother the car? Christ they really ARE out of ideas" or "This Chuck Barris guy has destroyed television!"

We're only saying music/television/etc is "dead" because nobody ever remembers the really horrible stuff it produced in the past, because they just faded into nothingness.

quote:

Are you suggesting the only way to watch anime is through your television? I live in a dorm at UCI which is notorious for its near 2/3's asian population.

Either way theres a television somehow involved at some stage of the process. You're still technically watching a television program, albeit in some kind of different medium like...dvds or whatever. I don't know.

Unless you're having people convey the general plotline of the episodes through some wildly elaborate game of charades.
Zopwx2 11-25-2005 07:04 PM
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

who still watches tv?

So...so theres a way to see it not involving some kind of broadcasted visual medium.

All I'm saying is, this is just the internet generation version of "My mother the car? Christ they really ARE out of ideas" or "This Chuck Barris guy has destroyed television!"

Are you suggesting the only way to watch anime is through your television? I live in a dorm at UCI which is notorious for its near 2/3's asian population.
Nine Kuze 11-30-2005 01:01 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
Anything that gives Green Day several Grammys is bullsh**.

Seriously, when all you've got going for you is Hilary Duff, the Black Eyed Peas, and Los Lonely Boys as your top billed acts, then you know that mainstream music is crap. The Grammys, AMA, People's Choice can all suck it. Nobody knows good music these days.

I hear that, man. I totally forgot that this was on and I thank God, Jesus, Zeus, Satan, or whoever is in power this week. That is a very weak billing for mainstream music and we all know that if you have Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff singing at your concert, than you gotta know that something is wrong. Anyway, does anybody know who won awards (if you want to call them that) other than Green Day?

And Sharpshooter and Zopwx2, shut the hell up please. If your registered on an anime forum that deals with anime programs that air on, from you know, television programs, then that means you have watched television recently too, I might add.
Peace.
Sharpshooter005 11-30-2005 01:07 PM
quote:
And Sharpshooter and Zopwx2, shut the hell up please. If your registered on an anime forum that deals with anime programs that air on, from you know, television programs, then that means you have watched television recently too, I might add.

..Which was exactly the point I was trying to make.
Nine Kuze 11-30-2005 01:27 PM
quote:
quote:

..Which was exactly the point I was trying to make.

I know, but I just hate it when we fight about the most stupidest things. Like the American Music Awards... Big Grin
Peace.
Travis Bickle 11-30-2005 04:47 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
If your registered on an anime forum that deals with anime programs that air on, from you know, television programs, then that means you have watched television recently too, I might add.

Not really. I haven't watched Adult Swim or any other cartoon-based action/comedy program in about a year (unless you count the last Jet game). So...no.

OH. And just a heads up, since you're a tad bit new around here and all. You don't go randomly assaulting two of the top ten posters on the forum. I don't know if you're aware of something like that, but yeah...we've got a file on you.
X Prime 11-30-2005 05:00 PM
I don't know about that Scott... Just because a person posts a lot doesn't make them infallable.
Travis Bickle 11-30-2005 05:48 PM
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
I don't know about that Scott... Just because a person posts a lot doesn't make them infallable.

Yes, but if I told you to shut the hell up for no apparent reason you might...well...you, personally, might get off on it. HOWEVER, any other person would be ultra super pissed.

We also tend to value the "noobs" less than those that are "uber pro".
Zopwx2 11-30-2005 06:26 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Nine XXVI
Peace.

1) Please don't tell me to shut the hell up ever again.

2) The few animes I do watch, I recieve through friends or through the internets.

P.S.

OT: The AMA's are BS are everyone knows it.