:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two For Best English Voice Acting! ::

Nine Kuze 11-18-2005 10:27 AM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best English Voice Acting is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the anime series with the best noted voice talent featuring the English language. The anime series awarded for the Best English Voice Acting is credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: The Big O
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Hellsing
  • Samurai Champloo

2006: Cowboy Bebop
  • FLCL
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
  • Samurai Champloo
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:39 PM
Isn't the same dude, what's his name (David Blum?) or something around that context in three of this shows. Well, damn, he's good and has way to many aliases. Anyway, keeping this one short and went with Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing. Love Integra's accent and Alucard's booming voice.

Nine XXVI's Picks: Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing
Peace.
David Ryder 01-06-2006 02:33 PM
quote:
what's his name (David Blum?)

Yeah it's Steve Blum but is also know as David Lucas, Andrew Watton, and like 50 more aliases. As far as best dub, easy Bebop and Big O. I've always been a huge of Animaze/ZRO limit and their kid brother Bang Zoom! Hellsing was pretty solid work from NewGen. Fullmetal is good well....except Vic(meet him at anime weekend atlanta, great guy, just not his best role) as Ed, but Dameon Clark, and other make up for that.
Randolph 01-06-2006 04:23 PM
I voted Big O and Hellsing.
Big O's english cast is quite good, by most standards.
Although, admittedly, I have only heard snippets of the japanese cast.

Hellsing's vocal cast was interesting.
Although the British accents were a bit much at times.
And also, there was no explanation for why Alucard lacked one.

However, I do think the Japanese version had more feeling.
Why did I vote for that one again?
I've been reading Bob and George too long....
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 11:00 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best English Voice Acting and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best English Voice Acting category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best English Voice Acting Presenter: Fujiko

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: Cowboy Bebop

:: FLCL

:: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG

:: Samurai Champloo

Peace.