:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two for Best Animated Direction! ::

Nine Kuze 11-18-2005 10:22 AM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Animated Direction is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the director of animation with the best noted direction in animation. The award is presented to the winner, the animated director. The director and the anime series they directed the animation in are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: The Big O - Masaru Ota
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • InuYasha
  • Samurai Champloo

2006: Samurai Champloo - Kazuto Nakazawa
  • AIR
  • FullMetal Alchemist
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:46 PM
I don't really have much to say about this category but I think that I should have done a switch and nominated Big O for Visual Effects and Cowboy Bebop for Animation and Art Direction. Oh, woulda, coulda, and shoulda...

Nine XXVI's Picks: Big O, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Peace.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 11:21 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Animated Direction and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Animated Direction category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Animated Direction Presenter: R.Smith

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: AIR - Tomoe Aratani

:: FullMetal Alchemist - Kouji Sugiura

:: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Yusuke Takeda

:: Samurai Champloo - Kazuto Nakazawa

Peace.
Nine Kuze 11-10-2006 11:16 AM
Hey, if anybody sees this and who hasn't voted yet, can they break the tie here for Best Animated Direction?

See, if its one thing I can't stand, its a tie.
Peace.