:: The Official Academy Animated Awards - Vote Two for Best Visual Effects! ::

Nine Kuze 11-18-2005 10:15 AM
Hey, everybody. This is Nine XXVI and this is the start of the first ever (and hopefully not last) Academy Animated Awards.

quote:
The Academy Animated Award for Best Visual Effects is awarded by the members of the Paradigm City Forums to the anime series with the best and highest achivement in special and visual effects. The award is presented to the winner, the director of visual effects. The director and the anime series the effects were directed for are credited and listed below. The other three nominees of the category are also listed below.

You can check out the 2005 Academy Anime Awards Nominee Ballot here.
Peace.

2005: Cowboy Bebop - Toshio Hasegawa
  • Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion
  • RahXephon

2006: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Masahiro Murakami
  • The Big O
  • Eureka Seven
  • FullMetal Alchemist
Nine Kuze 01-06-2006 01:52 PM
Went with Cowboy and Ghost in the Shell on this one about Visual Effects but I probably should have Cowboy Bebop with Big O in the categories of Visual Effects and Animation/Art Direction (I talk about that later).

Nine XXVI's Picks: Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Peace.
Nine Kuze 08-30-2006 11:04 AM
Welcome everybody to the 2006 Academy Animated Awards!

This thread is for Best Visual Effects and I've made some updates on the last year version, showing what the details of the Best Visual Effects category all about, who won, and who else was nominated for the award.

quote:
Best Visual Effects Presenter: Ace of Spades

Like last year, you get to vote for two of the nominees. And those nominees are:

:: The Big O - Yutaka Hoshiba

:: Eureka Seven - Miyako Hoshi

:: FullMetal Alchemist - Miyako Hoshi, Yukiko Kakida

:: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - Masahiro Murakami

Peace.
Ace of Spades 08-30-2006 11:10 AM
Thank you Mr. Nines. Now in the Immortal words of that crazy show Banzai... PLACE YOUR VOTES NOW!!!
Nine Kuze 09-26-2006 01:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Spades
Thank you Mr. Nines. Now in the Immortal words of that crazy show Banzai... PLACE YOUR VOTES NOW!!!

Sure thing, Ace and you heard the man!

Ghost in the Shell gave a visual representation of what the Internet would look like if our bodies could actually travel there themselves. So, I'm dropping it for that. And I was going to go with FMA, but then I remembered how amazing the visual effects of Big O were. So yeah, The Big O as well.
Peace.
Ace of Spades 11-11-2006 08:36 PM
Voting is closed. Now I am pleased to announce the winner for best Visual Effects is.... Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG!
David Ryder 11-12-2006 06:10 AM
Big O and Eureka Seven.