Dragon Quest VIII

X Prime 11-16-2005 12:59 PM
Damn you Square... You have no respect for your own people... Your plan's foolproof. We saw it with Kingdom Hearts.

What am I talking about?

Adding extra stuff to the NA version.

What I'm going to bet happens is that there will be a fair outcry in the Japanese DQ fanbase that the NA version has extras, regardless of how major. So what will Square do?

Make a Final Mix-esque ultimate version that only Japan (and MAYBE Europe, though I'm not betting on it) gets. The fanbase will gobble it up even if it's full-priced.

I'd stake my next check on it. Heh.
Travis Bickle 11-16-2005 03:14 PM
Wah.

I'm only interested because of the XII demo
David Ryder 11-17-2005 02:07 AM
gonna get it. the FFXI demo can just rot in VG hell for all I care.
David Ryder 11-17-2005 11:01 PM
Mini review

Story: nothing ground breaking. save the world and restore you friends to their true form, but it doesn't claime to be high art cough FFX cough.

Charecters: well as far as Akira Toriyama goes the designs aren't to bad.

Music: Series Veteran Koichi Sugiyama does a a very nice job on this game. great stuff. since they had to add voce acting, I was hoping it would be alittle better. It's done by some UK studio and the main cast is ok for the most part some of the background and monsters are just flat out silly.

Graphics: Superb. very nice all around.

and ..... the FFXII demo....it's a fun way to waste 15 mins. but still not impressed but square get's props for actually trying a new battle system and getting Hitoshi Sakamato for the music.