Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

Buck Buck #1 11-14-2005 02:19 PM
Has anyone else played the new Castlevania for DS. I've been playing my friends copy, andIi'm almost finished. It is one of the best DS games I've played, and is a contender for my favorite game of the year.
David Ryder 11-14-2005 04:02 PM
That's the one with Soma Right? also isn't this like the 9th one they have released on GBA/DS? I hope it's one hell of game for me play the same thing again.
Jeff 11-14-2005 08:12 PM
Yeah its a really great game. Its the first one on DS, and far as I know its only the second one featuring the Soma character, as well as the awesome soul collecting system of pure awesomeness. I kinda stopped playing it for a while, though, the bosses on hard mode are giving me lots of trouble. Tongue

ANd tomorrow when I hopefully get Mario Kart DS.....well, thats all i'll be playing for a long time. Smile
Generalissimo D 01-06-2006 07:20 PM
I got this one a few days ago.

Get it. Its friggan awesome. The little anime intro thing has an awesome remix of that one song...I think its called "Vampire Killer". Its called Pitch Black Intruston.
corrupt 01-06-2006 07:24 PM
I sooo wanna get it, its enough for even me to buy a DS...
Volt 01-06-2006 08:56 PM
Yeah, this game kicks ass. I'm stuck at Abaddon right now though, and I have no healing items so when I try to get out of the Abyss and to a warp point, I get owned. Frown
Anyway, pretty damn good game. Most of the boss seals piss the hell out of me (except the last one, which strangely enough is the easiest for me to draw), and I think there wer like three aprts so far that actually required the stylus ice breaking thing. However, the map on the top screen is really helpful, so I can't say I'm not thankful for it being on DS. The soul synthesis thing makes the Pokemon-ish collecting souls thing a lot more fun, and some of the weapons look downright badass. Overall it's a big improvement over Aria, which was one of the best GBA games anyway. Buy it now.
Generalissimo D 01-24-2006 05:25 PM
I beat this f***er last night. Menace was a little bitch when it came to those little flying things coming at you, but Death saved me from, well, certain death. Big Grin

Abaddon is a piece of cake if you have the Persephone soul, and can time your jumps well enough. Death though...he certainly gave me a run for my money. Joyeuse is a most awesomenst sword.

JULIUS MODE OWNS YOUR SOUL!
corrupt 01-27-2006 09:20 PM
DAMMIT, why does this game have to be so good, and why does it have to be on the DS, DAMMIT