| A Clockwork Tomato |
11-13-2005 09:41 AM |
If you watch THE MUPPET MOVIE, you'll see that Doc Hopper's black Cadillac is a dead ringer for the Griffon, except that its interior isn't red.
| BethMcBeth |
11-13-2005 12:46 PM |
Hey ACT could you get a picture of it? I looked for one but I wasen't able to find it and I don't think I ever watched the movie either. But if it does look like the Griffon I'd like to see it.
-Beth
| A Clockwork Tomato |
11-15-2005 04:34 PM |
Here are a couple of pictures of Doc Hopper's Cadillac from THE MUPPET MOVIE.
This particular Cadillac survived pretty well after being hit by a giant pie, by the way.
I'm pretty sure that this car (and the Griffon) are both 1959 Cadillacs.
| Zopwx2 |
11-15-2005 04:47 PM |
Thats pretty cool. Although the animators gave the griffon a sharper more compacted semi-futuristic look.
| BethMcBeth |
11-15-2005 05:03 PM |
Wow it really does look like the Griffon! Awesome! Thanks for the pictures ACT! Lets hope Roger does not get hit by a pineapple. ^_^"
-Beth
| Dark-0 |
11-15-2005 05:57 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
Here are a couple of pictures of Doc Hopper's Cadillac from THE MUPPET MOVIE.

This particular Cadillac survived pretty well after being hit by a giant pie, by the way.
I'm pretty sure that this car (and the Griffon) are both 1959 Cadillacs. |
If I am not mistaken that is the very same car that was in Ghostbusters playing Ecto-1.
| Jim Starluck |
11-15-2005 06:37 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by Dark-0
| quote: |
Originally posted by A Clockwork Tomato
Here are a couple of pictures of Doc Hopper's Cadillac from THE MUPPET MOVIE.
*snip*
This particular Cadillac survived pretty well after being hit by a giant pie, by the way.
I'm pretty sure that this car (and the Griffon) are both 1959 Cadillacs. |
If I am not mistaken that is the very same car that was in Ghostbusters playing Ecto-1. |
No, Ecto-1 was an old ambulance. The room in back (which they used to store their equipment) was originally for a stretcher and patient.
Edit: Well, I was half-right. The car in question was, in fact, a '59 Cadillac hearse/ambulance (
reference).
| Dark-0 |
11-16-2005 10:29 AM |
Its the same car man the only difference it's a wagon I know what Ecto-1 looks like cause I seen it in person. I was next to the set of Ghostbusters 2 when I saw the car.
| TheSilence |
11-16-2005 05:46 PM |
Hey. even though that car looks like the Griffon. I think is not. the 1969 Cadilac DeVille looks the right car. It looks alot more like the Griffon. take a look
| A Clockwork Tomato |
11-16-2005 08:05 PM |
| quote: |
Originally posted by TheSilence
Hey. even though that car looks like the Griffon. I think is not. the 1969 Cadilac DeVille looks the right car. It looks alot more like the Griffon. take a look |
Cadillacs kept their fins for a lot longer than other makes of car, and the kinship between the 1the 1969 Cadillac and the Griffon is real, but I think you'll find that the 1959 Cadillac has more details in common with the Griffon.
The styling in the earlier finned cars was done to evoke specific models of fighter planes (such as the F-86). The shape of the car's nose was supposed to be like the jet intake of the F-86, and the base of the fin had a housing that was supposed to look like a jet exhaust.
These details became more and more stylized after fins started to go out of fashion around 1960. Also, the cars began to lose their rounded contours. The panels all became much flatter. This is pretty far advanced in the 1969 cars.
This trend towards flat panels continued until the Ford Taurus reintroduced rounded contours in the Eighties.
EDIT: Good call about Ecto-1, which (I just learned) was a 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor ambulance. Presumably that means that it's a stretched and modified Caddy.
| Dark-0 |
11-16-2005 08:34 PM |
Thanks ACT now to see what kind of engine does the Griffon comes with. Those dual exhaust pipes reminds me of a V8 car but why I have a feeling the engine feels like a inline 6? Also I think the Griffon has a 5 speed manual instead of a 3 speed Autol. I will go in depth about this.
ACT I got something for you to look at
http://home.earthlink.net/~brochure59/engine.html
| Jim Starluck |
11-16-2005 09:44 PM |
Given how long the hood is, I'd imagine Roger has something pretty powerful under there.
...or he could be using the room for missile launchers and stuff. Never know.
| Dangerous |
11-23-2005 02:52 PM |
Roger Smith's car was maybe a Cadillac, but not like yours. Indeed, Roger's car was a "coupé", a two doors car, yours possesses 4. And roger's car has angular forms, more than your car? And the headlights was rectangular, yours are rond ........ I remember an episode of the first season, it was in the episode two I believe, Roger was on a bridge, and there were a grave accident between a van and a car. This was a CADILLAC, which was nearly exactly like yours, the rond tailight were like yours

Of course, Roger 'the selfish' didn't care, and had not tried to see if there were survivors. He continued his road without stopping.
Ok, I confess when I saw the griffon for the first time this car was a Cadillac according to me. When you see the klaxon, there is an image of buildings I believe. This is not a Cadillac.

Hummm what the hell this car is if it is not a Cadillac ?! Eurêka !!!! A griffon of course !!! Yep, that's all. We have come to terms
| Dark-0 |
11-23-2005 03:57 PM |
You see its all about what you see outside but I can see what lies underneath. Four doors versus two doors it doesn't matter as long there are from the same chassis which underpins the car. If this is a Cadillac the car would had a Body on Frame design meaning the car has a body seperate from the frame. Todays trucks are like that today cars are unibody which is a complete car with frame no seperation of the two except for the suspension and engine cradle. The Griffon could be a Cadillac underneath four doors back in the days chassis can be either strech or shorten to make coupes. Look at the Seville.