Episode 35 Discussion: "Reunion of the Fallen"

Shredder 11-12-2005 10:33 PM
Tonight's ep is somewhat of a side story, but a good one. Enjoy! Happy
Sephiroth 11-12-2005 11:32 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Shredder
Tonight's ep is somewhat of a side story, but a good one. Enjoy! Happy

Agreed, that episode was really not all that related to the current plot line, however it did contain some pretty interesting things about Lust. Obviously she still has memories of the life of the person she was modeled after, so there is a good chance that this afflicts all Homunculi. Also, it is apparent that her creator was Ishballan, therefore one can assume that she was as well. Not only that, Scar obviously knew her, as in his past conversations with her he made mention of the women she was modeled after.

I feel really bad for the man who was in love with Lust and his fiancé, it really is sad that both of them died without ever reconciling. Even though I saw it coming, I did not like the fact that Lust killed him, especially since he had already given up so much to be with her. That being said, I do not think that she did it out of evil, I see it more as her wanting to remove the fragments of the person he reminded her of. I think those thoughts had been eating away at her so much that she could not bear it anymore.

Also, can I just say that Gluttony was oddly amusing (almost like a giant man-eating teddy bear). He REALLY wanted to eat someone, and when Lust said no, he was almost like a sad little kid, which was also shown when he spent his ride looking out of the windows exicitedly, and got nervous about leaving because he thought Envy was "scary".
Nine Kuze 11-13-2005 04:02 PM
Yeah, this episode was sort of a filler as it wasn't part of the main storyline but it did show a very interesting side of Lust.

Ed, Al, and Winry were barely part of the show but I laughed and agreed when Ed said "A band of thieves in a forest? Isn't that a little cliche?" Good stuff.

Also, that really sucks for the guy how feel in love with Lust and even more so for his girlfriend that he was about to marry. But it did seem pretty obvivous that Lust was going to kill the dude since she was always having those memories.

spoiler (highlight to read):
The memories she was having were from the girl that Scar's brother was in love with. The girl died and Scar's brother tried to use alchemy to bring her back but failed and created Lust. That's why Scar "knows" her face and asked that one time in Lab 5 if his brother was successful in bringing her back.

Gluttony was amuzing through out the episode, dude just wanted to eat somebody some damn bad and even funnier was when Lust said she's been meaning to put him on a diet. Also, the one scene with Lust and the guy's girlfriend was interesting to see, mostly because I watched the InuYasha episode before this and it just reminded me of the continuous love triangle. Damn, I was hoping that the guy would kiss Lust. That would have been something and very interesting as well. Big Grin

Anyway, I think Envy is "scary" too, just because I'm still convinced that Envy is a girl and its not just her voice that does it for me either...
Peace.
R.Smith 11-14-2005 11:03 AM
Sad episode. Frown Freaky disease. Shocked

Sums it up.

But, I found it interesting that we got to see a bit into Lust's "past", hope that's expanded on.

Wouldn't Ed and Winry contract the disease?
Sephiroth 11-14-2005 04:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by R.Smith
Sad episode. Frown Freaky disease. Shocked

Sums it up.

But, I found it interesting that we got to see a bit into Lust's "past", hope that's expanded on.

Wouldn't Ed and Winry contract the disease?

I don't think so. I would assume that the disease was no longer rampant in the village, and its reoccurence was merely the fact that the stone's effects were weakening. Plus, the disease was spread by Envy, it could die off after a certain period of time, for instance, when it was no longer of use.
Gato Gurl914 11-17-2005 05:51 PM
it was so sad..... Frown