Super GALS!

Asirt 11-09-2005 11:58 AM

That’s an ironclad rule for Gals!

Summary -

You have three best friends (Ran Kotobuki, Miyu Yamazaki, and Aya Hoshino) who want to have fun and go shopping for fake fingernails and the latest fashion, but at the same time try to fight crime, such as beating up stalkers, fighting gang members, and trying to make things right for other people. Ran is considered to be the leader of the group, who also have the most pride in being a 'Gal'.

OP's Opinion -

A while back, I was looking for the Evangelion DVDs at Best Buy, when I come across the first volume of this DVD. It contained the box set. However, from the looks of it, I thought it looked silly, because of the way the characters were drawn. About a month later, I found this series On Demand, and decided to give it a try. After watching the first two episode, I was enjoying it. The comedy added with seriousness makes it a fun series to watch, despite the fact that it's a show for girls.

There are 52 episodes of this series. It may be a bit crazy, but it's a fun series to watch in my opinion.
David Ryder 11-09-2005 06:53 PM
didn't ADV come up with some BS reason like super gal's wasn't popular over here, so that's why they didn't release the second season? well hate to break it to ADV but super gals is extreamly popular over here. also ADV fan boys lose it with the dub....ie "OMFG!1!1! ADV dubs are the best, rox." then though super gal's dub is teh overrated.
Wreck-Gar 11-11-2005 09:12 AM
There isn't any DVD's in Japan of the second season either so you don't really have to feel cheated since nobody's getting it at all.

I think ADV dubs are pretty good for the most part. You can never have a perfect dub but ADV at least makes them entertaining.
Asirt 11-11-2005 09:43 AM
quote:
didn't ADV come up with some BS reason like super gal's wasn't popular over here, so that's why they didn't release the second season?

Well, according to Anime News Network's Answerman Page, the series didn't do as well as ADV had hoped, so they didn't release the second season here. However, if people buy the upcoming box set in December, they may consider dubbing it.

quote:
There isn't any DVD's in Japan of the second season either so you don't really have to feel cheated since nobody's getting it at all.

I read that elsewhere also. I think that's very strange, given that Super GALS! was popular in Japan. That could be another reason why ADV isn't releasing the second season here.
Asirt 07-03-2006 01:20 PM
It's finally arrived...

Super GALS! Season 2

Big Grin

----------------

OK, maybe it's not here yet, but at least the US is finally getting the second season in December.

UPDATE - Looks like the release will only be in Japanese with English Subtitles, though an English dub is not out of the question in the future. Also, if you're planning on buying this box set at say, Best Buy, you're out of luck. Right Stuf is making this release exclusive to their online store, and "possibly" others.

----------------

Thanks for reminding me, IanC. For those who want to pre-order right away, here's the link (I've already pre-ordered it this morning):
Pre-order Super GALS! Season 2 DVD Box Set!
IanC 07-03-2006 04:31 PM
Dont forget that the first 600 preorders will have there name entered in a special thanks list on the dvd.

Ive already preordered it Smile