PS2 Online

Travis Bickle 11-08-2005 11:15 PM
Yes, it's true. Not everyone uses XBOX Live.

So I was wondering...who else here uses their PS2 to play games online?

I recently hooked mine up and it has been quite awesome. Sure, everything isn't linked together like LIVE, and Gamespy's sh**ty service runs most of the games, but still. It's been awesome.
Dingo 11-09-2005 01:37 AM
I do. But its mostly games I rent that I plan online on my ps2. Im to lazy to own any of them or thats the only reason to play the game, shortly afterwards it gets boring. Especially with all the "pros" and people who think they are "pros".

I use to play frequency online all the time. Those were the days. It just kills me that they would shut down the servers to a great game, besides the fact the max people it had on at a time was like 20, and about half actually owned the game, the rest just played the demo they got with the cd.
AndroidZeroX 11-09-2005 06:42 PM
Back in the day i has ADDICTED to SOCOM II. I was on that everyday, and prefered the way that was set up to live in many aspects. I played Madden 2004 on it once, but never really got into it. I dont have my PS2 anymore, but if i did i would definetly be playing SOCOM III online all the time.
Travis Bickle 11-09-2005 07:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by AndroidZeroX
Back in the day i has ADDICTED to SOCOM II. I was on that everyday, and prefered the way that was set up to live in many aspects. I played Madden 2004 on it once, but never really got into it. I dont have my PS2 anymore, but if i did i would definetly be playing SOCOM III online all the time.

SOCOM 3 is awesome online. 008ND and I played a few rounds together. However, there are a lot of assholes on there.
David Ryder 11-09-2005 10:04 PM
The only thing I play online wis FFXI and it rocks. Been playing for 2 year's almost. It's also fun to party with the japanese parties as they rock.
088nd 11-09-2005 10:13 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo
quote:
Originally posted by AndroidZeroX

SOCOM 3 is awesome online. 008ND and I played a few rounds together. However, there are a lot of assholes on there.

You're goddamn right we have. I still play, so anyone who would like to join us is welcome.
Sharpshooter005 11-09-2005 10:29 PM
Speaking of online PS2 stuff...has anyone played MGS3: Subsistence, specifically the online component?

Is it any good? I doubt I'll get it anyway..I already have MGS3, I lack a network adapter, and with my luck the college would block the...port or whatever...

Oh, disregard this if Subsistence isn't even out yet. I can't remember, all I'd been keeping track of lately on the video game front is when they'd release RE4 for the ps2.
Patsai 11-10-2005 10:56 PM
RE4 came out on the PS2 October 25th, man. Run out and buy it right now, the retail price is $39.99, $10 less than the former when it came out.
Sharpshooter005 11-11-2005 11:49 AM
quote:
RE4 came out on the PS2 October 25th, man. Run out and buy it right now, the retail price is $39.99, $10 less than the former when it came out.

I got it maybe 2 days after it came out.

I ALMOST spent the extra ten dollars on that tin-box edition....almost..l

quote:
There's a Tin Box edition?

For 10 extra bucks (so..either 49 or 59.99 at the time). Came with a tin box...uh....an...animation cel....um...something else..

I was really close to buying it.
Travis Bickle 11-11-2005 11:51 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Sharpshooter005
quote:

I got it maybe 2 days after it came out.

I ALMOST spent the extra ten dollars on that tin-box edition....almost..

There's a Tin Box edition? Makes me wish I never bought the Cube one.

Also, if anyone's interested....WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006 is almost out, and the online features are supposed to pwn pretty hard.
NVWC2006 11-14-2005 08:32 PM
i'm not quite sure how xbox internet works..i think u need xbox live and to pay for it, and as far as i know, i don't need to pay to go online w/my ps2..unless i'm breaking the law..

my PS2 has a built in ethernet port, but it's also on the complete other side of the room as our router. we don't have an extra ethernet cables and if we did, it'd have to be fairly long. but, i did stretch wires across the room in an odd fashion once, to set the network up w/the PS2 and to play a bit of Mortal Kombat: Deception online
Travis Bickle 11-17-2005 12:45 AM
It seems a bunch of hacking is being done on Smackdown Vs. Raw 2006 online. The people that are doing such a thing are gonna get their asses handed to them by THQ and Gamespy. Too bad. I just beat Season mode(s) and got my charachter's stats all the way up Frown