Equalibrium

Mr. Fortnight 10-29-2005 11:59 PM
To put it BLUNT, it owned over the Matrix EASILY, and I just got a chance to see it.

Who else took the ride?
Kairi 10-30-2005 12:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ensign Minneapolis
To put it BLUNT, it owned over the Matrix EASILY, and I just got a chance to see it.

What doesn't easily own the Matrix?
Travis Bickle 10-30-2005 12:12 AM
Let's take themes from Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451, roll them up with sh**ty actors, dog killing, lsh**ty fighting, and a sh**ty ending. BAM! Equilibrium!

Gun Katas are probably the worst thing ever in movies next to Paris Hilton.
Kairi 10-30-2005 12:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo

At least they kill her.
Travis Bickle 10-30-2005 12:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Kairi
quote:

At least they kill her.

Yeah, but still...

Gun Katas = lame. It's like a really extended version of pistol whipping, but fancier, which is even lamer.
Zopwx2 10-30-2005 06:23 AM
quote:
Let's take themes from Brave New World and Fahrenheit 451, roll them up with sh**ty actors, dog killing, lsh**ty fighting, and a sh**ty ending. BAM! Equilibrium!

Just becuase they all took soma, were watched by big brother, had firemen destroy books, and were accused of thoughtcrim... i mean sense offense, doesn't mean they ripped off every totalitarian dystopia book.....

I mean he chopped off taye diggs face in the end. Nothing is cooler than that, not even a real fight scene with acutal thought put into it could have been better.
Mugiwara Luffy 10-30-2005 11:04 AM
I saw it recently. I don't think it owned the Matrix. In fact, I thought it was pretty lame. I'd have to agree with Scott on this one...
Sharpshooter005 11-14-2005 11:41 AM
It owns the matrix's FANBASE. Because unlike the matrix, everyone realized this was just pulling various things from other sources (they both did, but some people are kind of dense sometimes). So at least nobody mistook this for being "brilliant".

Otherwise it....well the matrix wasn't much more than a fairly enjoyable action movie either. The two are just equal, except I suppose I should be greatful they at least TRIED to go with another concept in this one instead of just going "uh...put in bullet time, bullet time is cool". I guess the effort merits some level of appreciation.

quote:
It's like a really extended version of pistol whipping

Yeah. I think we're going so far into the over the top stunt category now, that if a movie came out that did feature just plain old pistol whipping...the fact it's relatively mundane would just make it refreshing.
JAYCZero 12-04-2005 07:33 PM
I wouldn't say that Equilibruim owned The Matrix cause believe you
me , The Matrix is one of the most Legendary Sci Fi films of all times
since the Terminator and Aliens topped it off back in the day on it's
Genre. I seen parts of the film but I know for sure that the Matrix
made 3 over the top films. So tell me what makes Equilibruim
a much better film then the Matix?