Episode 33 Discussion: "Al, Captured"

Shredder 10-29-2005 10:36 PM
Sorry I'm a little late here...new ep of FMA just started! Enjoy! Big Grin
X Prime 10-29-2005 11:01 PM
...Christ, how much blood can Izumi possibly have?

If we assume she's been coughing like that for years, then she should EASILY have run out.

Unless of course she can just transmute some...
evanASF27 10-29-2005 11:10 PM
Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by X Prime
...Christ, how much blood can Izumi possibly have?

If we assume she's been coughing like that for years, then she should EASILY have run out.

Unless of course she can just transmute some...

She's missing half her internal organs...I think Izumi can do whatever the heck she wants Tongue lol!

I missed the first run...but I'll catch the rerun later tonight. FMA is turning out to be a very very "serious", "intense" and "disturbing" anime o_o I can't get enough of it.
Sephiroth 10-29-2005 11:13 PM
Awesome...just awesome. Tonight's episode was simply amazing. We finally saw Greed's true form, and just how amazing he can be. However, I must say I prefer the Greed/Izumi showdown in the manga.
spoiler (highlight to read):
She leaves after she finds out he won't kill Al. Then Greed talks about how great she is.

We also found out Greed's motives, which brought about that awesome line about what he wants. "I want money, I want women, Status, Power. I want what the world's selling, and eternity is right on the top of that list." Great stuff. It seems odd that Greed wants to be like Al, since he's practically immortal right now. Plus, he'd lose the ability to be the Ultimate Shield.

I like how Martel is living inside of Al right now, and the circumstances of his kidnapping were pretty funny. Though, again, the manga made them better.
In the Manga, Greed never met Ed, and when Al got upset over him, he thought he had died and tried very hard to apologize.

Tucker and Kimblee are obviously back in the Military, which is more than likely a bad thing. Kimblee's betrayal of Greed really sucks, because he was pretty cool up until this point.

Finally, Dante seems to have been made a tad more sinister in this episode. The fact that Izumi dislikes her so much, suggests that they had a major falling out. Also, her philosophy on the world, and Ed and Al seems to be rather pessimistic. Given that even Greed seems to fear her (he did leave immediately after seeing her) suggests that there must be something more to her.

All in all, great episode, and Greed is officially the most awesome character ever.
Raven 10-29-2005 11:57 PM
I was happy to see Izumi finally put in her place. Greed has become one of my new favorite characters in this show. He is far cooler than the other homunculi save for Envy who did me a big favor when he
offed Hughes
. Overall, I like how him and his group provide a bit of a third party to get between the Elrics and the other homunculi. (Well technically a 4th, but Scar hasn't done much in quite a while.)

I also found it pretty funny to see poor Martel slammed around while inside Al's armor.
R.Smith 10-29-2005 11:58 PM
Very good episode.

Nice to get more info on Greed (seems he really takes after his name, then again I guess all homunculi do). Surprised when Dante didn't do anything to stop Greed, and I'm still not sure why she didn't even after her explination to Izumi.

Missed the next episode preview, but I'm sure it will be good. Pleased
Volt 10-30-2005 01:29 PM
Great. My mom decided to watch some stupid A&E presentation when this was supposed to be recording. -_- And then for some reason that really stupid episode about the living dolls got recorded. Arhh...
evanASF27 10-30-2005 01:53 PM
Although information-wise this was a good episode...it was kind of a let down suspense-wise imo. The 5 or so episodes leading up to this one built a lot of suspense and tension...this episode was very anticlimactic in a way for me...Perhaps I'm not looking at it the right way >_>;;;
Nine Kuze 10-31-2005 10:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by P.D.Q. Beck
Although information-wise this was a good episode...it was kind of a let down suspense-wise imo. The 5 or so episodes leading up to this one built a lot of suspense and tension...this episode was very anticlimactic in a way for me...Perhaps I'm not looking at it the right way >_>;;;

I kinda of agree with you here. I'm not saying it was a bad episode but compared to the other ones in recent weeks felt there was a little was suspense.

Anyway, Dante was appearing to be a more shifty character in this episode. What's her angle anyway? I also thought it was interesting that we didn't see anything about the Roy and the Military dealing with the refugees. Maybe we'll get more next week.

Damn, Greed just got very, very exciting and interesting to watch. Yeah, I don't see why he would want to transmute his body into another object now, seeing that he is the Ultimate Shield and he's already 130 years old.

I would think that Greed would have some fear of Dante because
Dante is the one that created him and had him locked up in Lab 5.

Also, Greed's real form was kind of cool and watching him take all that punishment was impressive as well. That was messed up when Archer's men stopped Ed from trying to get Al back. I just waiting for the next episode when Ed tears Archer a new one and him and Greed finally fight.

One last thing, why should Al be afraid of Izumi now? She's not his teacher anymore! JK Big Grin
Peace.
Shredder 10-31-2005 11:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by P.D.Q. Beck

Don't worry, the next few are some of the best in the series. Happy